Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Lexus GS 450h  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2010 Lexus GS 450h
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:05:57 am »

The Lexus GS 450h hybrid is beautifully styled and powerful, says Assistant Editor Jil McIntosh, but driving it as it's intended affects fuel efficiency - and it's expensive: "I had a tough time seeing $71,900 in my driveway," she says.

Read More...

dragonflyjack

Re: Test Drive: 2010 Lexus GS 450h
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:37:30 am »
 I agree with you on the interior..That reddish colored high gloss "wood" trim looks almost cartoonish...A little more brushed aluminum might be more apropos...
  It seems that one might be better off with the V-8 for more power, or the V-6, without the electrical assist, for similar power and economy. And avoidance of the loss of trunk space and rear seat fold down, and hybrid brake feel..
  Unlike you, I find the styling jelly beanish and amorphous. Like much of Toyota's styling. There's just something about them that gets stuck in my craw...
  I have a 2011 Sonata on order, in black, with the 6 speed manual..At about 25 percent of the cost of this car...similar in size, better looking, better on gas... and just possibly more fun to drive...

How about testing the new Sonata...the cheap one with the manual tranny?
  Thanks for your usual, well written article...dragonfly

Offline Waterlooresident

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +7/-165
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2010 Lexus GS 450h
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:42:50 pm »
Yes, I agree with you about the Hyundai Sonata !  My sister has an older 2009 V6 Sonata and its really nice, for a fraction of the price.  Really, almost $80,000 for a car?   With the real estate crash in America you can now buy a vacation house in Florida for $80,000.  I think that a house is a much better buy than a car, even if a hurricane blows the house away you've still got the land.  To me and most other Canadians, $80,000 is quickly approaching 'house-buying prices', not 'car-buying prices'.