Author Topic: Removing dents  (Read 3739 times)

New_guy

Removing dents
« on: January 31, 2005, 02:01:05 pm »
Is there a way to remove a dent in a door panel myself or do I have to take it to a body shop? If I can do it myself how do I go about doing it and if I have to take it in about how much will it cost?

(Message edited by new_guy on January 31, 2005)

Ericthejet

Removing dents
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 04:07:46 pm »
If its big you'll need to have the outer doorskin changed, painted etc.  If the door has as a small dent  then it may be a job for a spoon and bondo.  More details please.

New_guy

Removing dents
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 04:54:58 pm »
it is just a small dent, about the size of a fist and not very deep

Davidm

Removing dents
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 09:11:21 pm »
Or you could take it to a paintless dent removal guy who should be able to do it for sub-$100 in under an hour (could be as painless as $50 and 15 minutes depending on the dent location).

Is it a "smooth" dent, or is there any kind of crease?

New_guy

Removing dents
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 09:43:14 pm »
it is smooth

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Removing dents
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 12:04:33 am »
Go to a few new car dealerships that do NOT have their own autobody and ask what mobile service do they get to repair their dents.  This way you got a better chance of getting a reputable guy than just out of the Yellow Pages.

Generally the are referred to as "DENT-TECH" people.  They will come to your house as they are a mobile service.  Sometimes half the charge is with respect to removing and interior panel.  Maybe you can do that yourself before he comes. You might even half an access in the door jamb.  It doesn't take much of a hole for them to work.  Me thinks it's a great jigg.  Opportunities for lots of cash transactions.  Make sure you got some.

dentIMPRESSIONS

Re: Removing dents
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 12:03:42 am »
I highly recommend you not try it yourself...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:13:02 am by mdxtasy »

vtec_inside

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 07:09:47 pm »
Paintless dent removal is a viable option. They can do some pretty amazing things depending on the dent.

dentIMPRESSIONS

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 12:26:55 am »
Thank you!

gabl

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 10:14:11 am »
Does anyone here got any recommandation for dent removal shop in GTA (Markham and Richmond Hill would be ok too)? Thank you.

I got a very small dent (like the size of a quarter) on the door, it's a smooth dent. Thanks.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 02:46:53 pm »
Pantless OR Painless...Poor Arthur is gettin' a bashing today...... :bang:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

gabl

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 05:20:51 pm »
I would prefer paintless, as the original paint is still good on the dent? It's not very deep, just like around 2mm in depth, but I want to get rid of it.

dentIMPRESSIONS

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 09:05:26 pm »
I'm sure I can recommend one or two companies in the GTA. Where abouts are you and are you willing to drive to them or have them come to you? Wish I could actually do the repair for you. But we are not in the GTA yet. Perhaps in the future. Please send an email and I can pass it along to a couple of people I know back in Ontario. If you ever need our services out in GVA please don't forget to "impress, go dent less" Anyone else with any questions for us please feel free to drop us a line. Looking forward to your feedback.