Author Topic: Wagonerrrroooo  (Read 65365 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Wagonerrrroooo
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 11:10:35 pm »
Congratulations again and slightly off topic, but it still boggles my mind how you would drive down the DVP in rush hour using active cruise control. :)

Maybe I just need to see it in action first hand.

Once I go back to commuting (soon, a few weeks) I'll post the video from the dashcam in its 75 minutes of glorious entirety. :P

Oh yea!  Did you move the dashcam from the TL..or is this a brand new model dashcam just for this car?

I got a new one. Skyview G6 or something.

1) Did you mount it yourself
2) Was it easier than the TL install?

Since these are becoming so popular..I wonder when these will come OEM in a car?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 03:55:17 am »
Congrats. Love the wagon.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 07:53:22 am »
Awesome car, congrats!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 09:54:08 am »
I was reflecting on the journey to this point and tried to search if I had any buyers remorse. I have none.
The other cars that I considered all had some fatal flaw that rendered them a poor choice. You might not agree with the flaw in question, but in my mind it makes sense even after the fact, which is good.
Some ramblings on the other candidates.
Mercedes C400
Mercedes E250 Bluetec
Acura TLX SHAWD
Audi A3/S3 2.0T
BMW 328/335
Infiniti Q50
Lexus IS350

That's some solid thought process. Can't argue with that. Indeed, the right choice for you. I know I would go for the E250 but I don't remember what it feels like being 29 anymore  ;D (I kid I kid, though I am much older than you)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 10:12:12 am »
So by process of elimination, the V60 wins. It beats out its S60 brother because its a wagon, and is therefore cooler.

:iagree:

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 11:42:32 am »
Congratulations again and slightly off topic, but it still boggles my mind how you would drive down the DVP in rush hour using active cruise control. :)

Once I go back to commuting (soon, a few weeks) I'll post the video from the dashcam in its 75 minutes of glorious entirety. :P

Oh yea!  Did you move the dashcam from the TL..or is this a brand new model dashcam just for this car?

Since these are becoming so popular..I wonder when these will come OEM in a car?

1. Yes I did, but mounting a dashcam is super easy. Most either have a suction cup thing (like GPS type) or a piece of 3M tape on the back (mine are all this way). Takes 5 seconds, just have to make sure its level.

2. I have not hardwired it yet. Waiting a while to do a shakedown first to see if any electrical issues. It is a bit more involved this time as I need a 12VDC to 5VDC transformer and have to find somewhere to fit that. Otherwise a very straightforward process where the hardest part might be contorting to access the fusebox.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 12:20:34 pm »
Grasshopper, I'm a little puzzled by the cross shopping of the A3/S3 instead of the A4/S4? As well, no interest in Cadillac ATS/CTS offerings?
Railton
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:24:00 pm by Railton »
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »
Grasshopper, I'm a little puzzled by the cross shopping of the A3/S3 instead of the A4/S4? As well, no interest in Cadillac ATS/CTS offerings?
Railton

A4 and S4 are on the old electronics platform - does not have full speed range ACC. Like the Lexus, it cuts off below 25km/h.

I considered waiting for the new A4 but it wouldn't be until 2016. And surely we would not get the wagon.

As for the ATS and CTS I thought about it but certain parts of the interior styling just bugged me too much. I think the CTS looks fantastic though.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2015, 04:39:54 pm »
saw four pages, so i figured it was an older thread... very thorough!

great looking car and i can't imagine you would have any remorse/regrets... only thing i'm a bit surprised at is the cost of the nav software upgrade... i figured they switched to that style to save money/make it cheaper... 1600+ or whatever is pricey to me... better include unlimited updates and traffic at that kind of price...

overall, that is beautiful, love your choices and i completely agree and understand every choice you made! enjoy that lovely machine!
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2015, 05:35:52 pm »
ACC seems like a big factor in the decision making process.  If you rely on it and crash, I'm assuming it's your liability.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2015, 06:04:10 pm »
ACC seems like a big factor in the decision making process.  If you rely on it and crash, I'm assuming it's your liability.

Of course.

Unless you know....Toyota.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »

Of course.

No idea...please enlighten us.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2015, 06:21:47 pm »
I think he's talking about the accelerator pedal scandal

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2015, 06:32:05 pm »

I hope not.  If so, make it part of some tech package.  Not everybody wants that... 

So was the TL traded in? 

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2015, 07:13:04 pm »

Of course.

Man, I would be crapping myself every time the traffic slowed down quickly.  I don't think I could relax relying on it.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »

Of course.

Man, I would be crapping myself every time the traffic slowed down quickly.  I don't think I could relax relying on it.

me neither, I would rarely use it.  just as a rarely use regular cruise, only long trips. But hey, always a market for the people that crave latest technology

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2015, 07:52:39 am »

Of course.

You know you can hit the brakes, right?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2015, 07:56:25 am »

Of course.

You know you can hit the brakes, right?

Yes, but I just don't see the point of hovering my foot over the brake pedal all the time in stop-start highway traffic.  Having done that commute for a few years I would regularly go from 120 to 0 in the space of a few seconds, and then back up to 120 again.

As I said, horses for courses, it may work for you, I'd just be worried about it not working. No biggie.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2015, 08:01:38 am »
Having done that commute for a few years I would regularly go from 120 to 0 in the space of a few seconds, and then back up to 120 again.

That's quite a different situation. I guess it happens a lot more on the 401 as that's the only time I've experienced it...other than once driving behind a jalopy Accord with no working brakelights (interesting).

With or without adaptive cruise control its a scary situation when traffic crunches that much that fast.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Wagonerrrroooo
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2015, 08:09:45 am »
I hate using it.  Leaves too much space, someone cuts in and now it had to slow down again for more space.  Repeat process.

Although I think you bought an awesome car, the ACC reasoning seems like the oddest reasoning in your search.