Author Topic: Product Preview: Spring Cleaning and Road Trip Products for Your Garage  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Steven Bochenek raids his local Canadian Tire... here's what he got.

Read More...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
I see Steve is a little fack up, buy a $190 camera to see a baby in the back seat when a $1 mirror from dollarama will do the the trick  ::)

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Regarding wax and polish, I personally hate doing it because it's a chore and takes a lot of time.  The best product that I have found that works well is Zaino.  Application is relatively easy and it lasts a long time.  I usually only apply it once every 6 months as opposed to other products which need application every month or every time you wash the car.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
The quick wax stuff sounds good (waiting for our Detail God's approval first ;) ) as do the Fastener thingies ..wot NO pics??? and the car organizers again wot no pics.....

any info from you folks here on what would be the best to dress up my Elans windshield surround rubber?...Tire dressing paint or something similar...replacing it with a new surround may cause the windshield to crack says a PRO i contacted..he said leave it be..the windshield is clear but the surround a lil tatty.....??!!
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Ugh, Auto Glym!

Never pay full price for anything at CT...

Offline PlanB

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Forester 2.5, 2006 Impreza 2.5, 2008 Honda VFR 800Fi

any info from you folks here on what would be the best to dress up my Elans windshield surround rubber?...Tire dressing paint or something similar...replacing it with a new surround may cause the windshield to crack says a PRO i contacted..he said leave it be..the windshield is clear but the surround a lil tatty.....??!!

I use this product right now: 
http://www.amazon.com/einszett-914806-Gummi-Pflege-Rubber/dp/B004B8GTQG

In the past I've also used this product with equal positive results: 
http://www.swissvaxcanada.com/merchant.mvc?Store_code=swissvax&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SE1023110

I switched because the Swissvax product is expensive (as is pretty much anything Swissvax sells - but that said, their products are TOP quality and do exactly what they advertise) and you'd have to be a pro-detailer to tell the difference b/t the two products IMO. 

Do not use the tire-dressing IMO unless you want a greasy-fake shine looking rubber seal on your car. 

Offline Lesley

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +22/-47
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 97 Dodge Dakota "The Mighty Dak", 92 Mazda MX3 KLZE, 92 Mazda 323 winter beater
Meguiar's makes a product specifically for black trim.  My cars are all old enough to vote, so I'm pretty familiar with aging rubber and grey plastic bits that are actually supposed to be black.
If I can't drive 'em... I'll draw 'em!

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Meguiar's makes a product specifically for black trim.  My cars are all old enough to vote, so I'm pretty familiar with aging rubber and grey plastic bits that are actually supposed to be black.

Yup, Back to Black. It seems to work well on my old junk too.

Bought some Auto Glymm leather cleaner and conditioner yesterday, I assume these products are not complete junk?
Mr Pickypants

Offline Lesley

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +22/-47
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 97 Dodge Dakota "The Mighty Dak", 92 Mazda MX3 KLZE, 92 Mazda 323 winter beater
I dunno – I've only used their Bird Poo Wipes. They worked great, but could've been a little bigger – I got the same anxious feeling that 2-ply gives me...