Author Topic: Hello Powerplant; It's Honda Fit Speaking. Can I Get Some Juice?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

IBM today announced that it has teamed with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) on a new pilot project that will allow communication between electric vehicles (EVs) and the power grid.

Read More...

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Hello Powerplant; It's Honda Fit Speaking. Can I Get Some Juice?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:26 am »
Good plan.    Now integrate this with smart meters so that the consumption and available power can be optimized over a whole neighbourhood or town.  probably will need a whole new netwrok to do this but Lo and Behold one of the common things about car charging stations and homes is that they already have wired connectivity. So a bit of work on transformers** and so on to ensure reliable communications and you could do the whole deal without wireless.

A useful trick might be, using wireless, for a car to come up on the network wirelessly, state its particulars, available range  and where it is and then be told of the nearest charging stations with capacity and download that info to the nav system.

** I believe that the transformer problem is one reason why Hydro companies don't offer internet over power lines.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.