Author Topic: Road Trip: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier Plus to New York City  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Paul Williams travels to the Big Apple in luxurious Swedish metal.  

Read More...

Offline dewey9315

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-13
    • View Profile
Re: Road Trip: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier Plus to New York City
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:20:09 am »
Great article. I spent 48 hrs in New York City last month, and it's left me wanting more. I never felt unsafe once, even using the subway in the late evening. Clean city, with tons to see and do.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1141
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 08:21:31 am »
Hello Paul,

''But there were situations in which the mirrors didn’t return to their driving position when the car was started, and I wasn’t able to find a switch to activate them from inside the car.''

Pressing both left and right mirror switch at the same time will activate the mirror stow  function.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:33:15 am »
and I don’t mean to nitpick but the proximity sensor can really irritate. Parked next to a wall, for instance, or some snow, or even a mound of dirt, it emits a shrill beeping when you start the car. Every time.

that's not a nitpick!  that would drive me up the wall.   Is there no way of deactivating at least the beeping?   That's a pet peeve of mine, some of these safety features are great, if you can deactivately all the alarm bells or deeps, bleeps or whatever other noise they make!   

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »
Good review and a good reminder that small nitpicky things that come out of a short test drive can be adapted to within a short period of time. The acceleration seems a bit relatively sub-par given the power but I'm sure it'll still get a pass from most folks. The wheel design is plain-jane and seems smallish on the body.

A better balance of road-trip and car review. Maybe also consider trying to intersperse the road trip with the car review itself, but maybe that was tough in this case since the car was whisked away during the NY stay. BTW, any dents after you got the car back?