WeatherTech
10 (41.7%)
Husky
3 (12.5%)
Both good, get what is cheapest
6 (25%)
Both too expensive, go to Canadian Tire and get something else
4 (16.7%)
You live of Vancouver Island, why do you need anything like these?
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: WeathetTech or Husky?  (Read 22110 times)

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
WeathetTech or Husky?
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:06:12 am »
So we have a 2016 Forester on order, and would like some decent floor mats.  The Subaru ones on the '09 are worn out on the drivers side so don't really want to get the OEM ones this time.

Choices seem to be WeatherTech, for $260 CDN for the full set or Husky for $160 USD.  Both have the one piece for the rear seat.

Anyone use both, or either, have any ideas which is best?  I can get either from our local Lordco, and the CapIt store in town carries Husky.

I know SaskSpecV has the Husky on his 2015 Forester, anyone else?

Thanks,

Tman
2016 Subaru Forester XT

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
Re: WeathetTech or Husky?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:27:05 am »
I've had both. The price difference for the Weathertech is well worth it. The Husky liners all started to curl up on the edges and they never fit very well imo, plus they tended to slide around alot. The Weathertech mats fit awesome, they cover more floor area too, they feel so much thicker and better quality.

Offline qtcar

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Mustang V6; 2012 Mustang GT
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:27:57 am »
I bought the WeatherTech for my Mustang, but today I would probably try Husky.

Notice how small the footrest coverage is for the WeatherTech:

Husky seems much better:

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 06:57:26 am »
I love my weather tech mats, even after our brutal winter there is very little salt residue up over the sides.  They are nice and deep which holds in all the water and slush, if it gets overly full I just suck out the water.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 08:02:36 am »
I've had good luck with these on my Honda. Not quite as pricey as the Weathertech or Husky but get the job done.
http://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d-car-floor-liners

They are more carpet like but as the video shows they can be easily cleaned.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline craigq

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-9
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 17FozXT, 18MiragePOS
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:39 am »
I've no idea which is best.

We went with the Weathertech in our '15 FozXT, as you are aware the rear is 1-piece and it covers the drivetrain hump which is nice, however at the right side passenger back-wall location it has curled down from how the kid steps/hops in. The FozXT came with a cargo liner so you might not need one.

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
WeathetTech or Husky?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:43:08 am »
The wife and I have Husky Liners on her Jeep and my truck. She has Weathertechs on her work truck and my dad has them in his Avalanche. If I had to pick, the Weathertechs are tiny bit better. Really, whatever ones you can find for a better deal, get those.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 11:00:27 am »
We have WeatherTech's in the Crosstrek. 
Happy with them after two years - they fit well and still look like new.
They are pricey, but seem to be worth the $

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 11:02:43 am »
I've had both and prefer the WeatherTechs by a small margin. GTI has full WeatherTech set and they're great.

I bought a full set of Huskys for our old Suburban, and wound up replacing the front liners with WeatherTech after a few years: the Husky front liners slid around and never really fit right. But, I kept the 2nd row, 3rd row and cargo liner Huskys and they're still going strong and fit great on our Yukon nine years later.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 11:17:27 am »
Never had Husky's, but have been very happy with WeatherTech *LINERS*.

I had Weather Tech floor mats once - nothing special at all. Wouldn't get them again.

We've had the liners in all the vehicles that had them available, and they've been great.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 11:57:32 am »
<heads to weathertech.ca and orders liners for the Mazda3.>
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 12:41:14 pm »
I ended up with Husky liners for the focus. They're great, but the front ones have curled a bit on the sides. Still do a great job of keeping most of the salt/slush out.
However, they offered dead-pedal coverage which was important to me (particularly in a manual since there'll be a lot of shuffling of feet).

Weathertechs were quite a bit more pricey at the time. Check http://www.partsengine.ca, they were the cheapest option when I bought.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 11:17:10 am »
I have WeatherTech's in the CX9 and Husky Liners in the 3.  If there had been a Husky Liner available for the CX9, I would have bought them instead.  I find the Husky's go up a little higher behind the pedals and provide a little better coverage.  They have a higher lip around the sides and back as well.  At the time, I got the Husky front, back, and  trunk liner for the 3 for same price as just the front and back floor liner from WT.
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 11:28:20 am »
I faced the same Trainman, and without seeing both sets of liners in the same vehicle it's kind of tough to compare.  Both companies claim that the mats are custom-fit for each vehicle, and realistically I'm sure they both fit fine and are very high quality.

I've been very happy with the Husky mats.  The fit in the Forester is great, and they seem very durable (no warping/cracking or anything, but it's only been 8 months).  The plastic on the Husky liners doesn't appear as "premium" as the WeatherTechs, but the reasons I chose them over the WeatherTechs are: 
A)  Slightly more coverage overall.  They go up a little higher on the sides, and have much more coverage over the dead pedal.  Also, the fuel release latch is covered too (though there's a section on the liner that can be cut out if you want free access to it).  I really like that it is covered, as my other vehicles always seemed to get a bunch of debris down there that is impossible to vacuum out.  BUT: it means lifting the liner to access the fuel release latch - and watch out, those teeth on  the bottom of the Husky liner are sharp! (which keeps the liner firmly planted to the carpet). 
B)  The Husky liners were about $10 or 15% cheaper than the WeatherTechs for front/rear.  Likely depends on where you order from, and if anything is on sale at the time.

Can't go wrong either way I'm sure.

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 01:15:53 pm »
Thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated, and as usual on the internet no clear winner!

The capacity of the mats is not a real issue here on the Island with our general lack of snow/slush, so it may come down to actual coverage both front and rear rather than capacity.

.... The FozXT came with a cargo liner so you might not need one.

Yup, the trim I am looking at comes with the standard Subaru cargo liner and the one my '09 is just fine, so not looking for that unit.

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 01:49:31 pm »
Findway, $99.98 CAD for your 2016 Subaru Forester. These are all weather mats like Weathertechs and Huskies but have a carpet like texture. I know a couple of guys who have them and they like them. I'm going to order a set myself eventually. I have Weathertechs right now and while I like them, they are ugly. The Findways don't look quite as nice as real carpet mats but they're a lot nicer than the plain rubber mats.

http://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d-car-floor-liners/subaru/forester/2016/60090b

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 07:06:01 pm »
Findway, $99.98 CAD for your 2016 Subaru Forester. These are all weather mats like Weathertechs and Huskies but have a carpet like texture. I know a couple of guys who have them and they like them. I'm going to order a set myself eventually. I have Weathertechs right now and while I like them, they are ugly. The Findways don't look quite as nice as real carpet mats but they're a lot nicer than the plain rubber mats.

http://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d-car-floor-liners/subaru/forester/2016/60090b

I mentioned this in post 5

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:01 pm »

I skipped all the posts.  ;D

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 07:33:27 pm »

And I've mentioned this before... until proper English is used on this website, just... NO.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have WeatherTechs in my Santa Fe, and they are awesome.  I end many of my hikes covered in mud, slush, snow or all three.  They contain it all, and it washes out without any issues.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 07:57:22 pm »

And I've mentioned this before... until proper English is used on this website, just... NO.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have WeatherTechs in my Santa Fe, and they are awesome.  I end many of my hikes covered in mud, slush, snow or all three.  They contain it all, and it washes out without any issues.

Yes, and their logo is special too! What's up with that creepy eye staring at me?  :hide:  :rofl2: