Author Topic: Chrysler Pacifica  (Read 78831 times)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Chrysler Pacifica
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2016, 01:03:17 pm »
more info won't be available for a while... even at our training events, all the do is drape a printed cover over a gas one and tell us what it will be like... i'll try to make mention whenever i hear anything.

and yeah... i really like the gaffigan ads.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2016, 11:27:41 pm »
I am not really interested in the vehicle itself, but how the incentives will make the price more palatable to potential buyers.  They'd have to bring the price down low enough to entice most shoppers to even consider. 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2016, 01:37:04 pm »
other than the branding, it actually is quite nice. looks as sharp as any van on the market... as good or better on fuel... arguably a top engine in the category... (on paper) the most efficient transmission... only one with stow n go... has every option any other van has, plus a few tricks up it's sleeves.

so to totally say it can't compete is off... but pricing is a bit high. and i don't mean by ten grand, just a few. the question at dealer levels isn't if it is too expensive for what you get... just that it is too expensive for a van from us.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:36 pm »
other than the branding, it actually is quite nice. looks as sharp as any van on the market... as good or better on fuel... arguably a top engine in the category... (on paper) the most efficient transmission... only one with stow n go... has every option any other van has, plus a few tricks up it's sleeves.

so to totally say it can't compete is off... but pricing is a bit high. and i don't mean by ten grand, just a few. the question at dealer levels isn't if it is too expensive for what you get... just that it is too expensive for a van from us.
Ram use to be the cheapest pickup on the market now I think Ford is the cheapest , it can also happen with the van if there is no major :censor: ups with it

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »
nah, we're still the cheapest... ford just leases, so people see lower payments in ads, so they think they cost less. our transaction prices are lower for sure for a comparable truck.

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2016, 09:12:41 pm »
more info won't be available for a while... even at our training events, all the do is drape a printed cover over a gas one and tell us what it will be like... i'll try to make mention whenever i hear anything.

and yeah... i really like the gaffigan ads.

Thanks for the feedback. I almost spill my coffee when I read the above part  :think:
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:52 pm »
In the US market, GM trucks were way down, ford up some, and Ram only down slightly. Pretty amazing for a platform that other than updates dates to 2009.

Offline ngorongoro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2016, 06:44:17 am »
I looked at the new Chrysler Pacifica on display today.  There are so many better vehicles than this in the $40-50K price range. 

I have no idea what FCA is trying to do with their pricing strategy in Canada.  They have increased MSRP for most of their products and decreased the amount of incentives.

For example, Fiat 500 sales are down significantly in Canada (projecting 60% decrease in 2016 from 2014 numbers), yet the 2016 MSRP increased and they eliminated factory incentives.
23 Mazda CX-5 Past - 15 Volvo XC60 T6, 16.5 Mazda CX-5, 07 Honda Ridgeline, 13 Police Interceptor, 15 VW Golf, 12 Mazda3, 10 MX-5, 07 4Runner, 08 Mazda3, 10 Suzuki Swift, 08 MX-5, 08 Mini Cooper, 07 Mazda3, 01 Nissan Altima, 98 Pontiac Grand Prix, 84 Mazda RX-7, 93 Eagle Talon, 91 VW Jetta

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2016, 08:49:44 am »
I looked at the new Chrysler Pacifica on display today.  There are so many better vehicles than this in the $40-50K price range. 

I have no idea what FCA is trying to do with their pricing strategy in Canada.  They have increased MSRP for most of their products and decreased the amount of incentives.

For example, Fiat 500 sales are down significantly in Canada (projecting 60% decrease in 2016 from 2014 numbers), yet the 2016 MSRP increased and they eliminated factory incentives.

So many?  Let's see the Kia Sedona, the Sienna, and the Odyssey.  Are they better than the new Pacifica?  I don't know.  But I certainly wouldn't compare the Pacifica to any other vehicles in that price range.  As the other vehicles can't do what the vans do. 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2016, 11:49:00 am »
yeah, comparable vehicles is the kicker... but yeah, a tonne of vehicles i would prefer over the pacifica, but if you need a van, the choices are pretty limited.

as for being better... as i said, our drivetrain is right up there... our utility is actually probably the best... our comfort is not the best for sure... our features available is probably the best... quality is not quite there, but not so far back people assume...

meh... it's alright, it's just a bit too pricey.

as for the 500 pricing... they are trying to do you a favour so that you don't buy one!

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Chrysler Pacifica
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »
^^^ I think FCA's biggest downfall is the service department...I would try another FCA if somehow FCA forced dealers to actually treat customers decently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2016, 01:22:11 pm »
^^^ I think FCA's biggest downfall is the service department...I would try another FCA if somehow FCA forced dealers to actually treat customers decently

Just go to an indie, like so many.  I rarely go to the dealer. 

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »

Just go to an indie, like so many.  I rarely go to the dealer.

Indies don't work so well for warranty work  ;D :P
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2016, 02:30:30 pm »
i've been to good shops and bad.. both independent and otherwise. seems to be a crapshoot.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2016, 09:50:33 am »
i've been to good shops and bad.. both independent and otherwise. seems to be a crapshoot.

I agree.  I am sure there is great service at both dealerships and independents.  I am fortunate to have two independents that go above and beyond.  I also find that if you change vehicles a little more often I prefer independents.  Now that I have the Entourage, why should I get to know another service department?  The Honda dealership saw my Odyssey twice.  Once for a recall.  Once for an oil change, and winter tires change over.  I asked if they could do the winters on my Mazda after, they said we only service Hondas.  WTF?  So independents it is. 

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2016, 11:40:26 am »

I agree.  I am sure there is great service at both dealerships and independents.  I am fortunate to have two independents that go above and beyond.  I also find that if you change vehicles a little more often I prefer independents.  Now that I have the Entourage, why should I get to know another service department?  The Honda dealership saw my Odyssey twice.  Once for a recall.  Once for an oil change, and winter tires change over.  I asked if they could do the winters on my Mazda after, they said we only service Hondas.  WTF?  So independents it is.

wonder how they service their trade-ins  ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2016, 04:34:47 pm »

wonder how they service their trade-ins  ;D
Maybe they send straight to auction or wholesaler

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2016, 03:44:51 am »

FCA dealer service shops are the worst in the industry. They finish at the bottom or near bottom in every satisfaction survey. It's really not a crapshoot.... ..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:46:56 am by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 13, 2016, 11:52:42 am »
meh... the two i have worked at have been pretty solid. the former was one of the best shops i have ever had any dealings with and this one at least tries their hardest.

but yeah, i do get it... and having worked at the desk at a chrysler shop, i hate to put down my customers, but let's just say sometimes it's not the shop (and hey, sometimes its not the customer either and it's just the car)

and also, i never said a thing about a chrysler shop being a crapshoot... i said between a dealership and independent.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »
In the US you can lease one for $229 month