Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2311973 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #4740 on: September 25, 2016, 06:51:50 pm »
My disdain for driving continues. Had the dreaded "mid-afternoon drowsiness" en route home today from the next city. Struggled to stay awake with no rest areas to pull off.

Can we have autonomous vehicles yet?
There's always someplace to pull off and rest. Parking lots work well..
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #4741 on: September 25, 2016, 08:06:00 pm »
My disdain for driving continues. Had the dreaded "mid-afternoon drowsiness" en route home today from the next city. Struggled to stay awake with no rest areas to pull off.

:o
It is one of my two great driving vices ever since I started driving- pushing through "mid-afternoon". Nothing helps, unless I nap prior to the journey, but in this case I was returning home. If I hit a derestricted zone then the drowiness disappates as I'm more focused at high speeds; but today it was your usual 100-120km/h highway which turned an autoroute. ZZzzzzzz thankfully this was the middle of nowhere so no one around but I really hate it. "Why can't I just teleport home? This so boring."

My other vice is fiddling with/changing CDs while driving.......because every CD must go back in its original case.  >:D
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #4742 on: September 25, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »

It is one of my two great driving vices ever since I started driving- pushing through "mid-afternoon". Nothing helps, unless I nap prior to the journey, but in this case I was returning home. If I hit a derestricted zone then the drowiness disappates as I'm more focused at high speeds; but today it was your usual 100-120km/h highway which turned an autoroute. ZZzzzzzz thankfully this was the middle of nowhere so no one around but I really hate it. "Why can't I just teleport home? This so boring."

My other vice is fiddling with/changing CDs while driving.......because every CD must go back in its original case.  >:D

no afternoon nap?  sounds pretty rough...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: September 25, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »
Arnold Palmer dying...[emoji22]

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: September 26, 2016, 09:50:26 pm »
Bummer. I read about that avalanche earlier.  Sorry to hear that you knew him. 

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #4746 on: September 26, 2016, 11:49:09 pm »
My condolences JGX.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #4747 on: September 27, 2016, 08:48:37 am »
Water tank blew its top today. Got scalded trying to turn it off. Plumber coming tomorrow morning. Good thing I was home to hear the muffled "pop." Such a time-waster when I have a chapter due soon...ugh  :banghead:
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #4748 on: September 27, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »
Never seen a hot water tank with the top blown off still hooked up in someone's house.

Pics are in order.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4749 on: September 27, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »
Water tank blew its top today. Got scalded trying to turn it off. Plumber coming tomorrow morning. Good thing I was home to hear the muffled "pop." Such a time-waster when I have a chapter due soon...ugh  :banghead:
You are a young guy , you should change it yourself  ;D

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #4750 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:46 pm »

got no time for that, and it is not my house. I would if either of those things were not a factor, though.

...and no pics sorry, just imagine the lid on a hot water tank popped up on one side spewing scalding water [like those metal cookie tins]

new one is in, plumber did good work

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: September 28, 2016, 04:53:26 pm »
 :'( wheel scratched.  Kind of expected it, don't know why, but I had a feeling. At least he passed his test this time...but too close to the curb and now, after 5 yrs, 147,000+ km...it's got its first piece of curb rash on it. Never understood how that happens, and now I got one in my house. :-\ :'(' It's only got one door ding in it too...otherwise it looks as nice as Canucks S2000 ( :rofl: :rofl2:)
Surprised he passed if he hit the curb. Nice guy...or something.  (can you see where I won't mind if someone buys a Mustang...so I can get my Sonic back home...and the little one can drive that?  Wonder what's cheaper, a new set of wheels, or a clutch... ::) :think:)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4752 on: September 28, 2016, 04:56:16 pm »

got no time for that, and it is not my house. I would if either of those things were not a factor, though.

...and no pics sorry, just imagine the lid on a hot water tank popped up on one side spewing scalding water [like those metal cookie tins]

It also sound like the pressure relief valve did not work , it should have opened before blowing up the tank

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #4753 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »
Meant to post this this morning: When the razor slips and you fück up you your beard.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #4754 on: September 29, 2016, 12:41:31 pm »

Similar happened at a friend's house, his was just spraying steam though.  Problem was it happened in a humid heat wave and he didn't notice for a day or two until I came over and asked why it was so much hotter in his house than outside.  We went into the basement and it was literally "like a sauna".     
All suspended ceiling and drywall in the basement was screwed.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #4755 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:06 pm »

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: September 29, 2016, 04:59:56 pm »
My longtime neighbor died today.  He was my only neighbor for the longest time and was the one who welcomed me to our little neighborhood.

Very sad news.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:04 pm »
My longtime neighbor died today.  He was my only neighbor for the longest time and was the one who welcomed me to our little neighborhood.

Very sad news.

That's rough.  Neighbours are a lot like family, you get what you get.  And when you have good neighbours, it's great. 

Sorry to hear about your loss. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: September 29, 2016, 05:07:25 pm »

Very sad news.

That's rough.  Neighbours are a lot like family, you get what you get.  And when you have good neighbours, it's great. 

What worse..or not...was we'd been told he was doing fine at the hospital.  So this is completely unexpected.

And I also found out 2 minutes before I walked into work.  Going to make for a long shift tonight...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: September 29, 2016, 05:11:33 pm »

Very sad news.

What worse..or not...was we'd been told he was doing fine at the hospital.  So this is completely unexpected.

And I also found out 2 minutes before I walked into work.  Going to make for a long shift tonight...

I don't think I would want to know that I wasn't doing well.  But that's an off-topic debate. 

Anyways, you can always start a new thread, or help me find some bookshelf speakers on canuck audio mart to keep you busy.  Max $250!