Author Topic: 2016 Honda Accord  (Read 13986 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: 2016 Honda Accord
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:47 am »
Still looks better than the Camry's front IMO. Lights will take some time to get used to (along with one's spine to 19" wheels). I hope if 1 LED blows it can be replaced, not the whole cluster or it should be part of warranty.

I agree as well.  But the Fusion, Optima, and 6 still look better.. Not sure how much things have changed inside.  I know the infotainment system has changed.  And as for the 19' rims, that just on the top of the line trim.  Other's offer 19' rims on top trims. 

If I was shopping for a midsize sedan.  I would wait to see what kind of rebates are offered on the 2015 Accords.  As I prefer the less chrome and plastic look.

1) Fusion definitely. A baby Aston  :)
2) I can see 19" + rims appropriate for a corner carving sports car where track times are the ultimate justification of its worth. But getting them bundled in when I want a comfortable ride with a cooled seat and a decent stereo is plain childish IMO. If they want to include another "up-sell" feature re: wheels, just make them lighter, which is always a plus.

I am not saying the 19" rims are appropriate.  But I was just saying it's not just the Accord.  One manufacturer does it, then they all have to copy.  Another reason I didn't go for a higher trim model on my 6.  I got the base, came with nice 17" alloys.  I will use them for the winter.  And use Michelin a/s 3 on 18' aftermarket rims.  Ride is a bit firmer, feel the bumps a bit more.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 09:22:02 am »
Can't get a Fusion or Optima with a manual transmission anymore though.

The Accord, 6, Passat, and Legacy are the last ones standing in the midsize segment.

That, and the new styling, have put the Accord back on my list of potential replacements for the Sonata.  The previous two iterations have been so facking boring they could put me to sleep just looking at them for too long.  The coupe versions less so, but I'm not in the market for a big FWD coupe.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 10:09:46 am »
I guess they had to give decepticon-look guy some work after kicking him out of Acura sedan's post TL.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 11:00:45 am »
I think if that chrome strip on the front was blacked out or body color on the grey car it would look pretty darn good.

How about having it blacked out on the sport level trim, with 18 inch wheels, 6 speed manual, offer a sunroof as an option and have sirius and streaming options on the radio and hmmm I think I easily choose it over an ILX or Civic SI or even TLX

Northernridge

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 07:17:12 pm »
I like it. I don't know why these cars don't get more press. If you can get over the FWD the top shelf accord is a great family car if you're stuck with that

Edit: I'd rather drive an accord or camry than some horse$hit CUV

I so agree.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 11:21:03 am »
Like to see Honda up it even further and have an AWD version with SH-AWD similar to what was available on the Acura line up but de-tuned using regular octane fuel instead.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 12:55:25 pm »
How did the Acura TL sell before SH-AWD then? :)

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 01:45:19 pm »
Because it was actually good looking  ;)

Very true, plus the interior was top notch. With the 6 speed manual, it and the TSX are top contenders for a future daily driver (2-3 years from now) if I can afford one.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 03:21:21 pm »
Like to see Honda up it even further and have an AWD version with SH-AWD similar to what was available on the Acura line up but de-tuned using regular octane fuel instead.

If you do that you take away one of the main reasons to get an Acura over a Honda.

Seems like the new Accord has started that already.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 05:20:52 pm »
Because it was actually good looking  ;)

Very true, plus the interior was top notch. With the 6 speed manual, it and the TSX are top contenders for a future daily driver (2-3 years from now) if I can afford one.

Shouldn't be too hard, 3-4 year TSX & TL range from $20k - 26k with under 50k/year.  In Ontario anyway.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 05:28:42 pm »
I'd be looking at 2004-08 models.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 08:52:21 pm »
I'd be looking at 2004-08 models.

The guy who designed that car is now head of Acura effective immediately.  Although he's the guy who put together the Acura Design Studio...who I'm guessing are responsible for the beak-nosed Acuras.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/07/accavitti-out-ikeda-promoted-up-to-acuras-top-spot/
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline TheFordGuy

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-3
  • Even though we already got one.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Lincoln MKX, F150
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »
Arriving in August in the U.S. featuring Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and optional safety technology. Exterior changes to the 2016 Accords include a new standard aluminum hood, LED taillights and restyled front and rear bumpers.

2016 Accords will be equipped with carryover powertrains.

New Safety feature Honda Sensing, an optional package of autonomous safety and driver-assist systems. They include a collision-mitigation braking system with forward-collision warning, lane-keeping assist, road-departure mitigation with lane-departure warning and adaptive cruise control.

I like the new look! It definitely passed the Camry in my opinion. Looks very Acura, which being the "Luxury" division of Honda will attract attention. Good look!

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2015, 07:39:08 am »
I'll keep my 2014 Touring for now.  :) 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 06:49:24 pm »
Arriving in August in the U.S. featuring Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and optional safety technology. Exterior changes to the 2016 Accords include a new standard aluminum hood, LED taillights and restyled front and rear bumpers.

New Safety feature Honda Sensing, an optional package of autonomous safety and driver-assist systems. They include a collision-mitigation braking system with forward-collision warning, lane-keeping assist, road-departure mitigation with lane-departure warning and adaptive cruise control.

I like the new look! It definitely passed the Camry in my opinion. Looks very Acura, which being the "Luxury" division of Honda will attract attention. Good look!
I did not know that ???
Are there other companies that also have luxury divisions ?

Offline TheFordGuy

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 06:56:31 pm »

I did not know that ???

Google.ca

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 07:03:21 pm »

I did not know that ???

Google.ca

AirB is being sarcastic.....  :)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 07:06:53 pm »

I did not know that ???

Google.ca

AirB is being sarcastic.....  :)
who me ?  ;D

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 08:43:12 pm »

I did not know that ???

Google.ca

.. is a luxury edition of     www.halalgoogling.com  with more features and search results.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline TheFordGuy

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 12:49:58 am »

I did not know that ???

Google.ca

.. is a luxury edition of     www.halalgoogling.com  with more features and search results.

Not sure how this pertains to the thread,  :( Are we being e-bullies today?