Author Topic: Calgary mass murderer de grood found not criminally responsible.  (Read 1360 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
So this kid stabs 5 people dead, found not criminally responsible in trial.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
Re: Calgary mass murderer de grood found not criminally responsible.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:35:59 pm »
Yep.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-434
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 12:24:26 am »
What scares me is he will be released in a couple years and is no danger to society as long as he takes his meds...That's a very long time. Sad. No justice here.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:34:19 am »
The guy is obviously a raving lunatic and should not be put in a regular prison environment, but he should NEVER be able to get out and back into society!  NO FACKIN WAY!!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 08:25:11 am »
I'll take a stab at it..............the Judge just visited a Mary Jane shop for a doobie....Glaucoma ya know :popo: :popo: :popo: ..I can see clearly NOW :o 8) :o :o :o 8) ;)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 09:03:02 am »
Intent is required for criminal conviction and if you're mentally incapable of forming intent, then you can't be found guilty.

However, it is correct that the public safety is at stake when someone's mental illness is expressed in mass murder.  Unfortunately incarceration is probably the only solution to protecting the public.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 09:17:56 am »
It's pretty obvious that he's not criminally responsible, he's nuts, to put it crudely.

He does need to be in a secure psychiatric facility, but there's no logical way to conclude that he was criminally responsible.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 09:30:42 am »
It's no more reasonable to expect a person undergoing a schizophrenic episode to act normally, than it would be to expect a quadriplegic to tap dance. The problem has always been, what does society do with them?

We used to have them institutionalized in places that were rife with abuse. Then, using good intentions as the excuse while eyeing the potential cost savings, governments shut a lot of these places down, with the intent that community programming could replace them. Of course those systems are even more expensive to run, so government programming ended up being vastly underfunded and understaffed. The ends result is a lot of people who need treatment are falling through the cracks.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 09:44:05 am »
quadriplegic tap dancers always have Riverdance to fall back on.................... >:D :run: