Author Topic: Paint Correction  (Read 2235 times)

Offline BradT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-10
    • View Profile
Paint Correction
« on: July 25, 2016, 03:53:41 pm »
I am looking to correct/improve the finish of my paint.  It has usual scratches from being hand washed improperly by the dealership when it was in for service a few times, so it has quite visible swirls, at least to me it does.  As it is dark blue Toyota paint, my thought is it is quite soft so I am not sure what to use on it in the way of products and pads to improve the finish.  I have a DA polisher that I have not yet used, so I’ll have to purchase the correct pads and product to use so I am starting from a blank slate.  I’d prefer something that is fairly quick to do as I don’t have a lot of time to spend on the vehicle, so I thought Wolfgang Uber All in One or the Menzerna 3 in 1 would be a good option with white foam pads followed by a sealant and/or a wax with red pads from what I have read.  Perhaps a LC Hydro-Tech tangerine foam pad would be better, but as I have never used a DA polisher before, I wanted to start out with something less aggressive to minimize any chance of me screwing something up.  I am not bound by either of those products/brands, so if anyone has other suggestions, I’m all ears.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Paint Correction
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:42:35 pm »

Offline Gilbert

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB C300, Mazda3, Sorrento
Re: Paint Correction
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:30:23 pm »
Did you think about the Ceramic Pro? You can read about it here firstdetailing.ca . It  has lots of benefits and probabbly someone can shareown experience.

Thanks for this, I'll definitively get a quote from them!