Author Topic: TESLA Model III  (Read 507127 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1150
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
Re: TESLA Model III
« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:44 pm »
German cars are known for their electric/electronic glitches. Not sure I'd buy an EV from them.

On another subject, Fast chargers are popping up all over the place now in Quebec. Fairly effortless now to own an EV.

When I retire and loose the company car in a couple of year, it's back to EV for me!

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:36 pm »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2016, 01:04:14 am »
really? I find that hard to believe. Tesla is ramping up production for this car big time, and they can put out what...xx,000 cars a year right now? I am guessing about mid to late 2018.

As of right now they were hoping to start production on July 1, 2017, but Musk admitted that date was too aggressive & will most likely be a few months later.  He did say that date was put forth to get suppliers to commit to a date & at least a target.  This year's total Tesla production is pegged at 89,000 vehicles, that's the S and the new SUV (can't remember the model name, X I think?). 

So based on the info above lets say they start production of the Model III on November 1 of 2017 and they're able to produce 50,000 Model III's that first year of production, that brings you to late 2018.  Build another 50,000 the following year & you're at late 2019... then the following year your 150,000th car rolls out... sometime around late 2020... just shy of 5yrs after your order was placed.

I was all jazzed about this car & was gonna put my $1k down, but then did the math on when I would get it & said fcuk it, there's a lot more interesting cars I can buy & sell in those 4 - 5yrs  ;D

^ You & me both, my math as shown above from mid-May was pretty spot on!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2016, 11:14:25 pm »
I hate to say I told you do....but I told you so!!

If you order today, it will be two years for delivery.  For those that put down money on March 31st like I did, the delivery is still 2018 as originally estimated and outlined the week after reveal.

Very happy with our current Tesla, but looking forward to the Model 3 in 18 months.   I'll post pictures when I pick it up.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2016, 12:24:31 am »

If you order today, it will be two years for delivery.  For those that put down money on March 31st like I did, the delivery is still 2018 as originally estimated and outlined the week after reveal.

Very happy with our current Tesla, but looking forward to the Model 3 in 18 months.   I'll post pictures when I pick it up.
I highly doubt it will be delivered on time, I might be proven wrong, but the math just doesn't add up! Production numbers aren't there yet, nor do they have the capacity to ramp up & this is straight from people on the floor in San Jose, not outsiders sitting at their computer in the GTA.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2016, 03:37:23 am »

I doubt it very much. All of the orders before the unveil (about 100,000) were supposed to be delivered in 2017. That's not happening now. So everything is pushed back farther....including your car. And this is just going to be the first delay in a long line of delays.

And judging by the absolute garbage quality of the Model X, I don't think I'd want an early Model 3 under any circumstance.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2016, 04:38:03 am »

I highly doubt it will be delivered on time,

This article more or less proves Musk is a liar about his production capabilities. Because of regulations, it will be legally impossible for Tesla to reach production goals Musk put forth. By law, he won't be able to meet production.

http://dailykanban.com/2016/09/docs-reveal-teslas-production-capacity-limited-less-half-500000-vehicle-target/

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #369 on: October 23, 2016, 08:17:56 am »
WHEN will salient beings realise that Musk is a modern day barnum FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :light: :think: :foil: :eye: :sleep:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #370 on: October 23, 2016, 08:39:16 am »

I highly doubt it will be delivered on time,

This article more or less proves Musk is a liar about his production capabilities. Because of regulations, it will be legally impossible for Tesla to reach production goals Musk put forth. By law, he won't be able to meet production.

http://dailykanban.com/2016/09/docs-reveal-teslas-production-capacity-limited-less-half-500000-vehicle-target/

i suppose this is why they've had so much turmoil wrt their production people.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-04/two-tesla-production-chiefs-to-leave-ahead-of-biggest-challenge-yet

they have since hired people from audi and toyota but it really boggles my mind as to how elon has convinced everybody he's going to meet his targets.

the rest of the oems are finally waking up.

bmw i5  http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/10/20/bmw-i5-rendering-shows-interesting-crossover-body/

bmw fuel cell development with toyota http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/10/13/bmw-will-enter-fuel-cell-market-early-next-decade-says-rd-boss/

audi e tron https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/18/audi-e-tron-electric-vehicle/  (this really interests me,if it's not an insane price point. suggestions are it's going to be relatively affordable. F tron will also come)

audi f tron vw & audi ramping fuel cell orders. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/volkswagen-group--audi-accelerate-fuel-cell-technology-solutions-program-with-ballard-594858171.html

mercedes FC hybrid glc https://cleantechnica.com/2016/07/13/early-adopter-mercedes-hydrogen-fuel-cell-vehicle-experiences-car-sobering/

mercedes EQ https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/29/mercedes-eq-electric-cars/

nissan leaf (ids concept) & vw id http://www.autoworldnews.com/articles/21299/20161015/nissan-leaf-vs-volkswagen-id-2020-future-evs-face-photos.htm
Maybe fuel cells will be the future,  especially with cruise looking at to produce power for their hotel operation on the ships by 2020 by fuel cell technology

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 27, 2016, 02:23:29 am »
Musk is a modern day barnum

Pretty ignorant of what Musk personally accomplished eh?  He wrote the computer code for multiple start ups that sold for hundreds of millions, funding his Tesla, SpaceX and other ventures.   The guy is a genius.   You can knock his style, but don't pretend you don't know that he has built a lot of amazing technology with his own hands, and helped guide and manage the tech by hiring solid engineering talent.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #372 on: October 27, 2016, 07:27:40 am »
SO...he writes GREAT CODE...OK..........Paypal woz his PAL to BIG MONEY.....................he knows fark about auto business,despite hiring real auto guys..now he wants to Fly to Mars,rockets sub standard notwithstanding,Solarizing next   failing.....can U say Attention Deficit Disorder with a side of MEGALOMANIA......Barnum is an appropriate look alike..he gave people CIRCUSES..and never underestimated the stupidity of the public...

YOU think you are saving the WORLD with your Tesla....drive on my friend....

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 27, 2016, 08:09:53 am »
I looked for the definition of MEGALOMANIA on Google and this is what came out.. ;D

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 27, 2016, 11:43:05 pm »

It could be general public finds FWD cars safer but for that reason or another all budget EVs (i3 is not) have been FWD. 
Ok. Smart is another exception IIRC.

The problem with the i3 is that BMW went weird with tires, so if you are looking to get an i3 winter ready, your best bet is to park it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2016, 04:24:24 pm »
  Toyota who has dominated the hybrid market for a over a decade does not produce an electrical car might be because the technology is not there yet

Toyota does not want EV to compete with their "green hybrid" leadership.  So they stall and fail with hydrogen.   That stalling is done, they realise the market has moved, so they will come in as EV technology was accelerated by other players.  Not a bad bet, but does not demonstrate "leadership" of technology, just that they have been busy collecting money while Tesla and others show the way.  Like I said, calculated and financial motives, but certainly not technical leadership.

Drove a 2015 Prius last week, what a piece of crap.   Thankfully the new 2017 Prius Prime is getting better reviews due to the focus on better electric only driving characteristics.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »
  Toyota who has dominated the hybrid market for a over a decade does not produce an electrical car might be because the technology is not there yet

Toyota does not want EV to compete with their "green hybrid" leadership.  So they stall and fail with hydrogen.   That stalling is done, they realise the market has moved, so they will come in as EV technology was accelerated by other players.  Not a bad bet, but does not demonstrate "leadership" of technology, just that they have been busy collecting money while Tesla and others show the way.  Like I said, calculated and financial motives, but certainly not technical leadership.

Drove a 2015 Prius last week, what a piece of crap.   Thankfully the new 2017 Prius Prime is getting better reviews due to the focus on better electric only driving characteristics.

And yet, Toyota sells more hybrids than all EVs sales combined.

It seems like Toyota has a pulse on what consumers want.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2016, 07:50:25 pm »

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2016, 08:17:04 pm »
Does every tesla owner own an iPhone?   I wonder..