Author Topic: Winter Tire Speed Ratings + what tires should bro get for 2015 Sienna XLE AWD  (Read 9199 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Had the WS80s installed today.

Honestly there is hardly a difference in driving experience... the tires are that good! THey're slightly louder, but very very slightly so.

So for sure cake and eating it too... though snow performance will tell me how much cake

What tires are you comparing them to?

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT

Honestly there is hardly a difference in driving experience... the tires are that good! THey're slightly louder, but very very slightly so.

So for sure cake and eating it too... though snow performance will tell me how much cake

What tires are you comparing them to?

Good question... whatever the stocks are... I'll look at them and get back to you.
I know they're not the most performance oriented, however the car did and still does handle quite well for an FWD car

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
my winters are "V" speed rated.   who's got higher speed rating!?   ;D

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
My other brother (the one with the Crosstrek, not the Sienna) was stupid and didn't heed my warning to order the WS80s a month ago when I told him to.  He went to Kal Tire yesterday to order them, and he was promptly laughed at.

"Those are allllll gone.  None in Ontario or Quebec.  Check TireRack, or, just get the Nokian Hakka R2 SUVs for your Crosstrek."

...so he did.  Same price as the WS80s, but for a much older design, worse dry/wet-road performance, and only R-rated.  Whatever, he should be happy with the snow performance, I guess.  He doesn't get all of his cake because of his laziness.  People should be more on top of the winter tire thing.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
Costco here seemed to have a bunch still, is that not an option for him?

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
He lives in Sault Ste Marie.  Closest Costco is 260km away in Sudbury.