Author Topic: Should I lease?  (Read 18725 times)

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
Re: Should I lease?
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »
 :cheers:
awesome!   and congrats!

ps
I as well can't believe they tried to charge you $300
fak, my Toyota dealership didn't even charge me anything to pick up the LAST brown Tacoma I wanted.
AND i got a FULL tank of gas on delivery.   ;)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:53 pm »
congrats...sounds like a good deal!

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »
Awesome, nice to see someone get a car they've been wanting for a while.

What was the price difference for the GT?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2014, 04:07:35 pm »
Congrats! Great choice.

They wanted to charge me $300!  not the sales guy, his boss, sales manager.  Told him not my problem you didn't have the gs in red manual, now no silver gx? I want the $300 waived, and free tint or I walk.

I've heard this story often recently. My buddy just bought a new car and then they called him at home after all the paper work was done saying they forgot to charge for the paint. He just said not a problem, I'll come back and get all my money back and go somewhere else. They changed their tune pretty quick.

I just don't understand how anybody selling any product does not check before finalizing a deal makes sure that said product is even available.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »
Congrats! Great choice.

They wanted to charge me $300!  not the sales guy, his boss, sales manager.  Told him not my problem you didn't have the gs in red manual, now no silver gx? I want the $300 waived, and free tint or I walk.

I've heard this story often recently. My buddy just bought a new car and then they called him at home after all the paper work was done saying they forgot to charge for the paint. He just said not a problem, I'll come back and get all my money back and go somewhere else. They changed their tune pretty quick.

I just don't understand how anybody selling any product does not check before finalizing a deal makes sure that said product is even available.

that was what we went through with the Fiat.
the salesman said, oh that colour should be no problem to find don't worry. 
3 days later he calls and asked my wife for an alternative colour.   While wife is non-confrontational but when she sets her sights on something and you said "no problem" watch out!!!!!!!!
I ripped into the guy like I've never seen.  I almost spilled my beer listening.   Needless to say, he after a couple of days he found what he said would be "no problem"

When we picked up it she apologized for being harsh but said,
"take this as a lesson, if you have any doubt you MAY not get what someone wants, DO NOT tell them it won't be a problem"    :rofl2:

Northernridge

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »
Congrats, great looking car.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »
most stores, the sales guy has no idea how easy or hard it is to get things... but after the time spent, they just want to say what will make a deal... get it to paper and worry about the details later.

just sold a cherokee... literally one out there as she wanted... i told her so. said keep your fingers crossed, but don't assume i can get it... you might have to settle for "dark white" paint, or as i like to call it, black.

problem is that i might say i can't guarantee it, so the customer isn't sure and walks... stop on the way home at the other dealer and the guy says, "it won't be a problem!"... where will you sign a deal? and once signed, you just want to stay there... usually you'll put up with a bit of runaround, and most often they have a bit of your chase deposit as leverage...

it's a fine line to walk being 100% honest and just being (naively) hopeful.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2014, 06:28:28 pm »
When I bought the focus, I wanted a specific configuration on a 2013 model  (for the $4250 discount). The Salesman made sure he could get the car before calling us in to sign the deal... and charged $325 for transport from ST Allophinose QC to Fredericton.

However, it was all spelled out from the beginning and we had this information before putting down a deposit.

IMO that's how it should be done.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
yep. agree for sure, and i usually do that. 

problem is that not all customers are willing to believe what we say and many will think they are being smart to then shop around after that... that's when they fall into the trap of some sales tactics from unscrupulous dealers... well.. i say unscrupulous, but they are just selling cars.. it is the buyer who drops the ball usually in those cases.

in ontario, it's easy to just check around... 8 dealers within 30 minutes... if one says "i've got one! come on in", you will... then the tactics begin. so we have to be more careful with what we say.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2014, 06:54:58 pm »
When I bought the focus, I wanted a specific configuration on a 2013 model  (for the $4250 discount). The Salesman made sure he could get the car before calling us in to sign the deal... and charged $325 for transport from ST Allophinose QC to Fredericton.

However, it was all spelled out from the beginning and we had this information before putting down a deposit.

IMO that's how it should be done.

I agree with that, and that's how it should be done.  And that's a bit of a distance.  I forget exactly where this Mazda is coming from, but it's GTA.  So within 1 hour.  I would pick it up, be they are tinting it.  We already get screwed $1695 for freight, compared to $800 in the US.  Not my problem they don't have it on the lot. 

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »

IIRC, they lease break up was something like (all prices monthly with tax & fees, 48 months, 20 k a year) with $5550 down payment ($3000 left over from trade-in, $1000 loyalty, $550 stack lease deal, and $500 extra off the GS and GT through negotiating, and $300 on the GX)

GX: $240.50
GS: $289.50
GT: $359.50

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 08:31:00 pm »

IIRC, they lease break up was something like (all prices monthly with tax & fees, 48 months, 20 k a year) with $5550 down payment ($3000 left over from trade-in, $1000 loyalty, $550 stack lease deal, and $500 extra off the GS and GT through negotiating, and $300 on the GX)

If you are leasing why put money down?
What is the interest rate?
What is the buy out ?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2014, 11:05:24 pm »

If you are leasing why put money down?
What is the interest rate?
What is the buy out ?

I wanted the payments to be equal or less than my current payments on my Mazda5.  So they gave me $10k, I owe $7k, just put the difference towards it.  Interest rate is 0.49%, buy out is $10,500 plus tax.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »
just sold a cherokee... literally one out there as she wanted... i told her so. said keep your fingers crossed, but don't assume i can get it... you might have to settle for "dark white" paint, or as i like to call it, black.

problem is that i might say i can't guarantee it, so the customer isn't sure and walks... stop on the way home at the other dealer and the guy says, "it won't be a problem!"... where will you sign a deal? and once signed, you just want to stay there... usually you'll put up with a bit of runaround, and most often they have a bit of your chase deposit as leverage...

maybe i'm not most people but if you said you'll try, we'd trust you would and we'd wait.
I'd never expect one to say where you'd be getting it so aside from running around, we wouldn't know where to go and running around is the LAST thing I would do after spending however much time and agreeing to a price.   We had in effect put a deposit and signed a contract (which listed colour / trim).
When they claimed it wasn't going to happen my wife had me looking.  I tried searching online and it's PAINFUL!   I'm sure most don't care but I always try to purchase from the dealership I plan to deal with.   I seriously value having some type of relationship.   

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »
So when the lease is up, maybe a coupe will be out? With a turbo? 

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda6-coupe-coming-next-year.html

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »
Didn't get the VIN today, will have to wait till tomorrow, but being Saturday, I doubt it.  Will most likely get it Tuesday or Wednesday.  Depends how long it takes them to tint the windows. 

I wish they would put winter tires on them, and just keep the OEM tires.  I would pay 1/2.  Guess I will be going to the States soon. Even with the dollar the way it is, it's worth it.  About $250-$300 difference. 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

maybe i'm not most people but if you said you'll try, we'd trust you would and we'd wait.
I'd never expect one to say where you'd be getting it so aside from running around, we wouldn't know where to go and running around is the LAST thing I would do after spending however much time and agreeing to a price.   We had in effect put a deposit and signed a contract (which listed colour / trim).
When they claimed it wasn't going to happen my wife had me looking.  I tried searching online and it's PAINFUL!   I'm sure most don't care but I always try to purchase from the dealership I plan to deal with.   I seriously value having some type of relationship.

everyone is different for sure. we don't charge for getting a car in a dealer trade unless we are talking about one that will need a flatbed. going to pick one up, it's a cost of doing business... we will, however, add any fees that the other dealer has added... usually.

we get people wanting to do that all the time with tires... we don't have the room or the stocking ability to be carrying used (even if from a new car) tires. just creates headaches between the different departments. we aren't far from the border, so i always mention the US option to buyers who are doing what you are... even with the proximity, they still choose to just get it done here most times.

oh, and i always have to mention... the freight/destination thing... while it sucks, dealers pay that same amount on each car as well. it is to ship it to the originating dealer and has nothing to do with dealer trades and such.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2014, 01:32:26 pm »
Solstice, congrats!!  :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :bounce: :drive: :drive:

Sorry I'm late to the party. Been ill for a few weeks.

Glad you got a Mazda 6. I think you will enjoy it. :)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »
Late to the party here so congrats on the 6 man. When is the Show 'n Shine?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »
Solstice, congrats!!  :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :bounce: :drive: :drive:

Sorry I'm late to the party. Been ill for a few weeks.

Glad you got a Mazda 6. I think you will enjoy it. :)

Thanks, will post some pics when I get it of course.  Hope your feeling better.  Ill for a few weeks?  Must be have been serious.