Author Topic: Should I lease?  (Read 18720 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Should I lease?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 09:44:38 pm »

only bring it up do to a conversation with our secretary today... bought a brand new fusion a couple months back

She works at a Chrysler dealership and she bought a new  ford , her ass would be down the road if I owned the place

What happened to buy what you want.  If Chrysler can't make a vehicle that's not at the bottom of CR, why should I buy it?  Think I would buy a Caravan over an Odyssey.  Yeah right!  Or a Fiat over any other compact?  Nothing the employer can do over what vehicle you drive.
It is called being loyal to the person who gives you a job.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:46:38 pm by airbalancer »

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »

only bring it up do to a conversation with our secretary today... bought a brand new fusion a couple months back

She works at a Chrysler dealership and she bought a new  ford , her ass would be down the road if I owned the place

What happened to buy what you want.  If Chrysler can't make a vehicle that's not at the bottom of CR, why should I buy it?  Think I would buy a Caravan over an Odyssey.  Yeah right!  Or a Fiat over any other compact?  Nothing the employer can do over what vehicle you drive.

How often should McDonald's employees eat the company's food?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

I would agree if the jobs were guranteed for life... but look at these companies... they'll ship the job to someone else if it's cheaper to do so. SO loyalty is a two way street.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »

Guess it depends.  Pretty high premium to buy a luxury vehicle if your a detailer at the luxury brands. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 09:58:51 pm »

Why?  Chrysler is a foreign company.  Ford is domestic.

Makes sense to me...

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:43 pm »

Then you'd be all by yourself.  Answering the phone, selling, washing, fixing ....  cutting the grass.  :)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2014, 10:57:05 am »
sounds like you have your head on straight solstice... didn't want to come across as a total a$$, but wanted to know more before giving any financial advice!

totally get your points, and as you mention, you want to drive what puts a grin on your face (though my jeep was actually purchased due to a situation that was the cheapest/month way of purchasing any vehicle over a 2 year period... i'm a spreadsheet nerd... it should be a total/month cost including insurance and gas of 410... 50 bucks less a month than a used avenger was going to be!)

as for the employee thing... this is a dealership... people stay here for long times... this secretary has worked here longer than her husband worked at ford!

our techs... only one drives a chryco... the others all drive beaters that were traded in.

as for not buying a car here... if you are willing to make money working for the company, you should be willing to at least give them a chance... and as long as they sell a car in the segment you are buying, i think you should price out the stuff you sell/work on. plus, the discounts you get as an employee are usually pretty drastic in many cases. i don't mind when people end up buying something else... but when they don't even price out our stuff, i think it is a bad decision.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:49 pm »
as for not buying a car here... if you are willing to make money working for the company, you should be willing to at least give them a chance... and as long as they sell a car in the segment you are buying, i think you should price out the stuff you sell/work on. plus, the discounts you get as an employee are usually pretty drastic in many cases. i don't mind when people end up buying something else... but when they don't even price out our stuff, i think it is a bad decision.

Well I agree, they should price out vehicle.  But if the savings are less than 5%, then I would go for the car that I like the most.  All depends on what kind of savings employees get.  This I have no idea.... 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2014, 03:04:38 pm »
yeah, sometimes it's not much at all.. like a grand over a regular customer or less even! other times... ridiculous if they happen to be on the right car at the right time... like mine. (roughly 5-6000 better than a regular customer).

i don't have any issue with people buying other things. but personally, if i didn't see anything on my lot worth buying, how can i sell them or be willing to represent them?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 06:34:44 pm »

I would agree if the jobs were guranteed for life... but look at these companies... they'll ship the job to someone else if it's cheaper to do so. SO loyalty is a two way street.

I agree, which is way I boycott Bell.  Sure several companies send jobs overseas, but when one gets laid off by that company, why choose their product?  Even if it's cheaper I won't choose Bell (and it's not). 

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2014, 07:30:03 pm »
Just leased a 2015 Mazda6 GX.  Went in to negotiate pricing on the GS in red soul with manual.  After the back and forth with the pricing got $1300 off the MSRP.  Which doesn't included in the $1000 loyalty, or the $500 in stackable lease.  Then we check delivery date.  Discovers there is none with the manual in red!   :(

Option A, the GT in tan leather interior, which is what I really wanted. 

Option B, the GX in Aluminum Metallic Mica (my second colour choice)

I figured keep on the safe side, make my wife happy, and go with the GX.  Spend the money I saved on rims and tires.  The GX is nicely equipped.  The main things I miss will be the red soul, fog lights, and leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter.  The GX steering is decent though. 

Came to $124 bi-weekly for a 48 month lease tax in.  $32 cheaper than my bi-weekly payment on the Mazda5.  So not bad. 

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2014, 07:37:29 pm »
Just leased a 2015 Mazda6 GX.  Went in to negotiate pricing on the GS in red soul with manual.  After the back and forth with the pricing got $1300 off the MSRP.  Which doesn't included in the $1000 loyalty, or the $500 in stackable lease.  Then we check delivery date.  Discovers there is none with the manual in red!   :(

I figured keep on the safe side, make my wife happy, and go with the GX.  Spend the money I saved on rims and tires.  The GX is nicely equipped.  The main things I miss will be the red soul, fog lights, and leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter.  The GX steering is decent though. 

Came to $124 bi-weekly for a 48 month lease tax in.  $32 cheaper than my bi-weekly payment on the Mazda5.  So not bad. 

Congrats!

:ttiwwp:

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »
woohoo! Did you end up with a manual still?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2014, 07:59:12 pm »
woohoo! Did you end up with a manual still?

YES!  I wanted manual more the red soul mica.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »

Congrats!

:ttiwwp:

I will.  Don't get till next week most likely, not at their location.  They wanted to charge me $300!  not the sales guy, his boss, sales manager.  Told him not my problem you didn't have the gs in red manual, now no silver gx? I want the $300 waived, and free tint or I walk.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2014, 08:13:19 pm »
^^Wow..the brass balls to ask $300.  What he's essentially saying is:  "You can only buy cars that are already on my lot"

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
Looking for summer rims, how can you tell if there is no damage on used rims.  Like visually ok, but my brother had a bad rim.  Couldn't be fixed.  Makes me worry about buying used rims.  Never bought rims before.

Was thinking of something like this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/kitchener-waterloo/mazdaspeed-3-wheels-mint-18-5x114/1028407024

Put winters on the stock 17" OEMS, and 18" on the Mazdaspeed 3 rims. 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2014, 01:03:49 pm »
congratulations! 270 a month is pretty much the lowest you can get into a car these days! given you had a trade i guess that's a bit off, but in the end, i think it's a great set of wheels for ya.

enjoy!

Offline Serniter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Lexus ES350
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »
Congratulations!  The Mazda 6 is a terrific car.  :drive:

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 01:35:42 pm »
Just leased a 2015 Mazda6 GX. 

Congrats!
I love it when a plan comes together.