Author Topic: Quick Spin: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible  (Read 11841 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Quick Spin: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 10:40:07 pm »
BMW 4 series in September  :)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:42:02 pm by Snowman »

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +119/-153
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
  • Cars: 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T; 2001 VW GTI VR6
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »
Fiat 500? huh?

two doors does not a sporty car make...
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
                                                        –Walt Whitman

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 10:49:43 pm »
 :rofl2: Yeah...and WTF is a Beetle doing on the list? People get paid to do this?

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:53 am »
"sporty" doesn't mean :censor:. Marketing fluff.

Put racing stripes on my balls and they're sporty.

:rofl:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 01:30:11 am »
"sporty" doesn't mean :censor:. Marketing fluff.

Put racing stripes on my balls and they're sporty.

You suck because you need racing stripes on your balls to make them sporty.

Mine came from the factory already sporty!!   :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline fixer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +11/-234
    • View Profile
  • Cars: gm
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:32 am »
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/new-2016-camaro-renders-attempt-to.html

found these. If they can be perceived as accurate you still won't be able to see out of it.

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 08:54:55 am »
:rofl2: Yeah...and WTF is a Beetle doing on the list? People get paid to do this?

Tim Cain (the guy who runs GoodCarBadCar) and I talk on a very regular basis. I'm interested to know his rationale for splitting it up this way. My guess is it comes down to time. He's tight out doing sales data for the first half of every month so this is probably a way to speed up the process a little bit.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Quick Spin: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 10:25:12 am »

Tim Cain (the guy who runs GoodCarBadCar) and I talk on a very regular basis. I'm interested to know his rationale for splitting it up this way. My guess is it comes down to time. He's tight out doing sales data for the first half of every month so this is probably a way to speed up the process a little bit.
Making poorly thought out lists to speed things up. Interesting.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »
^^ if you go to the actual site, that chart is broken down into subcategories (American Muscle, Euro Sports Cars, Warm Hatches, etc.)

So, not a problem, IMO.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2014/10/canada-sports-car-sales-figures-september-2014-ytd.html?m=1

Offline MR2Pritch

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +30/-45
    • View Profile
  • Cars: I-Mark, 240sx, MR2 GTS
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 12:20:24 pm »

BMW 4 series in September  :)

I have some issues with that list too. Camaro must have slipped a bit lately, at one point is was at or near the top for Canadian sales.

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:53 pm »
This year is a lame duck model with the new one out next year.

If its the concept that Bumblebee is based on in the TF4 then its horrible. The concept and the movie. If they based the next gen Camaro off of the black retro Camaro in the movie, now we're talking. If you haven't seen the movie and don't know what I'm talking about just google it. Don't see the movie. It's so painful.

And while I'm on a rant Bumblebee should never have been a Camaro. If GM wanted it as the hero car then fine, another character would've been the better choice.

And what's with Drift being a Veryon? They mold him as a samurai, fine. But he's he only autobot in the stinking series that's not a GM and do they choose a proper Japanese car for him, like a GT-R or even a lowly 370Z? - no they choose an exotic German car. In blue. What?  >:(

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 01:09:56 pm »
This year is a lame duck model with the new one out next year.

You can call the Camaro a lot of things, hard to see out of, has a plasticky interior....but a lame duck, these models begs to differ.....

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:15 pm »

Exactly. I would be dead in a second in my business.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 04:44:46 pm »

You're picking one list out of dozens and throwing the guy under the bus for it?

From the page I linked to earlier:

"GCBC isn't here to break down segments, an impossible task for any group, but to display sales data for the sake of comparison. The more ways sales data can be displayed, the better. This explains why you'll see the Audi A5 here and with luxury cars, because readers have wanted it both ways. You can always find the sales results for EVERY vehicle and form your own competitive sets by using the All Vehicle Rankings posts. Clearly GoodCarBadCar is not suggesting that the cars in the two tables above are all direct competitors. Establishing categories among cars as unique as even the Audi TT and Porsche Boxster has never pleased a single reader, so cars have been lumped together so you can simply see how buyers looking for sports cars, roadsters, hot hatches, convertibles, GTs, and wanna-be sports cars spend their money. Greater categorization of cars would only lead to problems that automakers create by not isolating model-specific sales figures: we don't know how many M3s BMW has sold or how many Civics are Si models, for example. The numbers we do have are listed above."

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:54 pm »

You're picking one list out of dozens and throwing the guy under the bus for it?

From the page I linked to earlier:

"GCBC isn't here to break down segments, an impossible task for any group, but to display sales data for the sake of comparison. The more ways sales data can be displayed, the better. This explains why you'll see the Audi A5 here and with luxury cars, because readers have wanted it both ways. You can always find the sales results for EVERY vehicle and form your own competitive sets by using the All Vehicle Rankings posts. Clearly GoodCarBadCar is not suggesting that the cars in the two tables above are all direct competitors. Establishing categories among cars as unique as even the Audi TT and Porsche Boxster has never pleased a single reader, so cars have been lumped together so you can simply see how buyers looking for sports cars, roadsters, hot hatches, convertibles, GTs, and wanna-be sports cars spend their money. Greater categorization of cars would only lead to problems that automakers create by not isolating model-specific sales figures: we don't know how many M3s BMW has sold or how many Civics are Si models, for example. The numbers we do have are listed above."

I will still be dead trying to defend that under the hot lamps. I would find away if it was my job....solutions, not excuses  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »
^^Same here.  Work arounds and shortcuts don't fly here. 

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »

???

How is this a workaround or a shortcut? He gives you all the information in one place, then divides it a further half dozen ways, then gives you the tools to make your own list any way you want it - "These tables are now sortable, so you can rank sports cars, coupes, GTs, roadsters, and convertibles any which way you like. "

So why is more information and more flexibility "a shortcut?" Why not tell us the rrocket-approved way to present the data?

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:27 pm »
I want the Journey and Caravan RT trims on this report  >:( RT stands for Road and Track right? That's sporty!

I get they're not cars but, I agree with HeliDriver in this case... it's tough to satisfy everyone.. and it's feasible someone cross shops a 500 and mini cooper for example

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 06:10:49 pm »

???

How is this a workaround or a shortcut? He gives you all the information in one place, then divides it a further half dozen ways, then gives you the tools to make your own list any way you want it - "These tables are now sortable, so you can rank sports cars, coupes, GTs, roadsters, and convertibles any which way you like. "

So why is more information and more flexibility "a shortcut?" Why not tell us the rrocket-approved way to present the data?

"Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
― Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 06:13:08 pm »
I HATE GM so much!!  They've put so much into the Camaro chassis and then made it too big and dropped that marginal body and hideous interior onto it.  Oh well, I guess they did give us the C7...

...which means much is forgiven.