Author Topic: Day-by-Day Review: 2014 Mini Cooper; Day 1  (Read 8012 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: Day-by-Day Review: 2014 Mini Cooper; Day 1
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 09:36:26 am »
it has like the longest front overhang...even worse than the CR-Z

Front overhang is 5 inches longer and it does look oddly out of proportion, but it actually isn't too bad.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:26 am »
Just because Mini is built by BMW doesn't make it a bimmer in my mind, nor, do I think BMW want us to think of it as bimmer either. The latest incarnation with new engine makes this a very attractive hot-hatch option. It's still provides what is arguably the most fun of any realistic driving experience around. Not all of us can get into a Lotus or Aston Martin.
JWW

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 02:03:29 pm »
Just because Mini is built by BMW doesn't make it a bimmer in my mind, nor, do I think BMW want us to think of it as bimmer either. The latest incarnation with new engine makes this a very attractive hot-hatch option. It's still provides what is arguably the most fun of any realistic driving experience around. Not all of us can get into a Lotus or Aston Martin.

but as you said,

it's designed and built by BMW,
it's engineered by BMW
and it DRIVES like BMW so... quack quack...

Offline mnztr

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: SAAB 9-5 Mazda MX-5 Ducati MNZTR
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 02:25:28 am »
The wagon version is quite high on my list of possible next cars....used of course. Hopefully the engine can be tuned to about 200- 220 hp....that would make for a pretty nice and fuel efficient car.

Offline hemusbull

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 08:06:42 am »

but as you said,

it's designed and built by BMW,
it's engineered by BMW
and it DRIVES like BMW so... quack quack...

Not enough! Cars are coming and go...But what the human genius create stays forever. And here is what BMW miss - the philosophy of this car, created by Sir Alec Issigonis! Of course, BMW deserves our credit for continuing support and modern interpretation of the MINI that never will be a BMW!

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:13 pm »

BMW is revising fuel economy figures for the Mini Cooper and Cooper S following further testing from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

According to AutoGuide, the EPA conducted a fuel economy audit and found a difference between its test results and the figures from BMW. Affected models include the redesigned Mini Cooper and Cooper S, with both manual and automatic transmissions.

Previously, BMW rated the standard Mini Cooper with the manual transmission at 30 miles per gallon in the city, 42 on the highway and 34 combined. The new ratings for that model drop slightly to 29 city, 40 highway and 30 combined.

The automatic Mini Cooper used to be rated at 29 mpg city, 40 highway and 33 combined, while the new ratings put it at 28 mpg city, 39 highway and 32 combined.

As for the Cooper S, manual transmission models are now rated at 24 mpg city/34 highway/28 combined, compared to 25 city/38 highway/29 combined previously. Cooper S models are now rated at 26 mpg city, 35 highway and 30 combined.

http://driving.ca/mini/cooper/auto-news/news/bmw-adjusts-mini-cooper-cooper-s-fuel-economy-after-epa-audit