Author Topic: Mercedes-Benz Fascination Tour  (Read 6088 times)

Offline MD1987

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Lexus ES350
Mercedes-Benz Fascination Tour
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:56:16 am »
Free event I learned off from RedFlagDeals.com forum.

https://www.mbexperience.ca/fascinationtour/

Cities include Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Winnepeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:58:12 am by MD1987 »

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: Mercedes-Benz Fascination Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:06:48 am »
what does this tour entail?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline MD1987

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 06:23:29 pm »
According to a friend of mine, this event includes free food and trying out various Mercedes models. What models, he did not tell me. But I can think the sub-70k models will be there as demos like it is usally with all test drive events. The Montreal event is held in Laval on the 26th and 27th. Sorry I do not know anymore.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »
thanks for the Info!

Offline MD1987

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 06:58:18 pm »
I forgot to mention you have to be 18 and have a full driver's license. I registered for the 27th so if anyone wants to join, feel free to do so.

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 08:21:35 pm »
Thanks for the info!

Offline MD1987

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 09:20:23 pm »
I checked out the event tonight before going tommorow. If you signed up for this, you will be driving part of the AMG fleet. Includes C63, E63, S63 sedan and coupe, GLA45, SL63 and last but not least, the SLS AMG!

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:07:48 pm »
DAMMIT!

i signed up but i can't find the confirmation!!!

Offline MD1987

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 11:22:18 pm »
If you have gmail, check your Promotions folder cause thats where mine ended up. You need to print this out or show it somehow to the event people, this is a controlled limited registration event sadly.

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 11:00:43 am »
I don't think I never got mine so I must have missed it...

Offline MD1987

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 10:06:18 pm »
A report on this event. I attended the Sept 27th one and test drove the C63 AMG 507 Edition coupe, E63 S AMG sedan, S63 AMG, SLK55 AMG, GLA45 AMG and the mighty SLS GT Final Edition.

All models pack the monstrous 6.2 (or is it really 6.3?) V8 except the SLK55, GLA45 and maybe the E63 for some odd reason. Roll down those windows and enjoy as you press the start button, the gauges light up, steering adjusts and hear the majestic German brute of a V8 start up! The tachometer's bottom reads 6.3 V8 to remind you of Mercedes' insanity. Even a light throttle press you can hear this engine rumble. But if you want to enjoy this, please find a way to disable the Start/Stop system as it's very awkward. The SLS does not have the system. The S63 does not have the loud exhaust rumble but I feel the engine getting quieter as you move up from the C to the S. I personally think the S63 is too much, I can settle with an S550. :p The ride was exquisite!

Driving the SLS was surreal to drive but if you are over 5'11, this car will not be fun to get in and out of. Very tight space but damn this car is SCARY to drive even at low speeds. One woman was really scared of it's power that she drove it slow aorund the course. Is there some sort of radar system on this car for the huge front end?

GLA45 is nice, but sounds like a buzzy 2.5 Nissan engine. Rather just save money and get the GLA250. This was the only car that used a normal Mercedes fob to start the car, no push button.

The C and the E were comfortable but I absoulutely loved the C63 AMG exhaust sound. This is a sound that will make you drool and fall in love with it. Badass sound comes standard from Affalterbach.

On a side note, there was also a E63 AMG wagon, an ugly blue ML63 AMG, SL550, SL63 AMG, CLS550 but no AMG counterpart, 2015 S63 AMG coupe in white which is apparently the only one in North America right now and two E550s, one is a coupe and one convertible.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:08:49 pm by MD1987 »

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:41 pm »
A report on this event. I attended the Sept 27th one and test drove the C63 AMG 507 Edition coupe, E63 S AMG sedan, S63 AMG, SLK55 AMG, GLA45 AMG and the mighty SLS GT Final Edition.

All models pack the monstrous 6.2 (or is it really 6.3?) V8 except the SLK55, GLA45 and maybe the E63 for some odd reason. Roll down those windows and enjoy as you press the start button, the gauges light up, steering adjusts and hear the majestic German brute of a V8 start up! The tachometer's bottom reads 6.3 V8 to remind you of Mercedes' insanity. Even a light throttle press you can hear this engine rumble. But if you want to enjoy this, please find a way to disable the Start/Stop system as it's very awkward. The SLS does not have the system. The S63 does not have the loud exhaust rumble but I feel the engine getting quieter as you move up from the C to the S. I personally think the S63 is too much, I can settle with an S550. :p The ride was exquisite!

Driving the SLS was surreal to drive but if you are over 5'11, this car will not be fun to get in and out of. Very tight space but damn this car is SCARY to drive even at low speeds. One woman was really scared of it's power that she drove it slow aorund the course. Is there some sort of radar system on this car for the huge front end?

GLA45 is nice, but sounds like a buzzy 2.5 Nissan engine. Rather just save money and get the GLA250. This was the only car that used a normal Mercedes fob to start the car, no push button.

The C and the E were comfortable but I absoulutely loved the C63 AMG exhaust sound. This is a sound that will make you drool and fall in love with it. Badass sound comes standard from Affalterbach.

On a side note, there was also a E63 AMG wagon, an ugly blue ML63 AMG, SL550, SL63 AMG, CLS550 but no AMG counterpart, 2015 S63 AMG coupe in white which is apparently the only one in North America right now and two E550s, one is a coupe and one convertible.

SOOO JEALOUS!

can't wait for my turn.

I don't think I never got mine so I must have missed it...

i only got mine last week, so maybe they take their time.

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 06:44:42 am »
I saw a Sprinter van advertising this Tour in a neighbor's driveway (what are the freakin'odds? ::) ). The guys were heading back west this week so that ship has sailed for me I am afraid.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 11:19:00 am »
So, I went to this event last evening. 

it was an interesting event. when would i ever get a chance to drive these AMG cars in my lifetime, i figured, and right off the bat, there was a guy who came in his Lamborghini...

damn, did it sound awesome.

and then, the AMGs.

look at the cars they brought..   All AMGs, except the red SL550.  i wish i could have driven that.

and the food.

got to drive/ride in  AMG GLA45, SLK55, C63 507, non AMG E class convertible, CLA 63, E class wagon AMG S and FINALLY the SLS Black GT.

the course was extremely short, it would be literally over in 20~25 seconds,  but the line was LONG for SLS. 

i was sitting in the tent, eating but hearing all the V8s rumbling outside..  it was like car heaven. 

my only regret is that i didn't get to try the new S class and S coupe.