Author Topic: BC Driving Blog  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
BC Driving Blog
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:15:53 pm »
While looking for a form from ICBC,this site came up in the Google search:  http://drivinginstructorblog.com/

I thought it would tie in nicely to the Driving Lessons post from ALin.  Had not had much time to look it over but seems like there is some good stuff. A bit slow to load, at least on my connection.
2016 Subaru Forester XT

Offline ALin

• Administrator
  • Carma: +16/-24
  • WordPress Goon
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1996 Toyota RAV4
Re: BC Driving Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:45:28 pm »
Nice find! Good commentary and videos (well, the canned music tracks aside). The Q & A stuff is particularly interesting, since the answers are usually quite detailed.

Haven't updated that original thread since I haven't really had any revelations over the past few weeks. Well, I've come to find right turns from a dead stop really annoying. Because it's usually at an intersection where pedestrians will take their merry time crossing the road, often while texting.

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:28:55 pm »
Hopefully you will find it interesting, I was thinking of you when I posted the link.

Yup, not much to report on our son's lessons either, except for the insurance shot my wife had to take for having him as an added driver.  I will do a different post on that in the insurance section.

Offline BCDrivingBlog

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1965 Mustang, 1992 Celica Alltrac
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:48:16 am »
Hi guys! I'm Carmen. I'm the owner of that website; hope you or someone else can find it useful! I was a driving instructor for almost 10 years in North Vancouver and decided to then create some kind of website where a new driver (or an experienced one for that matter) can go and learn some things about driving or brush up. There may be some strange things on there as I have been working on it for 2 years now and in the beginning the posts were sort of haphazard or sporadic or just weird! But there is a ton of info on there, if you're looking for something specific just use the search bar on the top, or just read through the most popular posts. I am really new at making a website so I apologize for the slow loading (it has to do with my large jps I think possibly) Oh ya sorry about the music! I know it is terrible.
I'm also working on making a little series of mini eBooks for drivers. Still may be a while until they are ready to go though. IF anyone has suggestions, please do let me know. Be honest I can handle it.. ;)