Author Topic: 2014 models  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Harpster

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
2014 models
« on: July 30, 2014, 09:18:20 am »
Sorry everyone - I must sound like a loser with the many stupid questions I keep posting.

If a dealership has a 2014 NEW model on the lot and the 2015's come out, is the 2014 still considered for new car financing or does the interest rate shoot up like a used car interest rate...?

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: 2014 models
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:26:36 am »
Sorry everyone - I must sound like a loser with the many stupid questions I keep posting.

If a dealership has a 2014 NEW model on the lot and the 2015's come out, is the 2014 still considered for new car financing or does the interest rate shoot up like a used car interest rate...?

it's still a new car.   and it's up to the manufacturer whether they offer the same or more incentives to move the older model but they typically do.

it certainly does NOT become a "used" model.  as long as the car is never registered for the road, it is still "New" in the dealership's point of view.   they can have a 2011 model as new if it never sold.  of course, company will most likely not include that in the new car sale promo.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:53:33 am »

it's still a new car.   and it's up to the manufacturer whether they offer the same or more incentives to move the older model but they typically do.

it certainly does NOT become a "used" model.  as long as the car is never registered for the road, it is still "New" in the dealership's point of view.   they can have a 2011 model as new if it never sold.  of course, company will most likely not include that in the new car sale promo.

My 2013 C30 was a customer courtesy car, registered for the road by the dealership, and had 7000km on it when I bought it in December 2013.  Like all 2013 models on the lot, it was offered with 0% financing for 5 years. 
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 07:47:05 pm »
They'll always remain new cars until someone buys them.

When a new model year is about to come out, the previous model year often gets special incentives. That is generally time limited though.

A model that sits there and doesn't sell for a long time will lose those incentives. It was also be harder for the dealership to sell them then.

So, sometimes, they themselves will buy them out. Then they become "used" cars technically. And then they will "CPO" them, i.e. make them "certified pre-owned". Those usually get financing incentives.

But if they don't do that, the car will be still be new, but an older model year, and be MORE expensive to buy than a brand new model year car.