Poll

Please fill out the following 4 questions you see below!

Type your answers
0 (0%)
Please
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Short Questionnaire- Please take 30 seconds - much appreciated  (Read 964 times)

Offline caruser123

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Jetta
Hi everyone,

This is a short survey i'm gathering info from!

1)Which online platform do you use to buy a used car?

1)Kijiji
2)craigslist
3)autoTRADER.ca
4)dealer website
5) Other:

2) Do you think buyers should care about the history of the car or current state of the car ?

YES or NO

3)If there was a third party inspection video or a third party expert review of the car that is for sale  - would you like it more than the car history report (ex. CarFax or CarProof) ?

YES or NO

4)If such a report was available, how much would you pay for it?

_____
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:11:00 pm by caruser123 »

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
Re: Short Questionnaire- Please take 30 seconds - much appreciated
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »
Please post threads once, and once only. I support students trying to do first-hand research, but don't post the same thing multiple times please or it will be deleted.

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:14:18 pm »
As someone who has done (one) formal surveys as part of academic research (and published the results), this does not appear to be legitimate research.  Where's the institutional ethics approval or survey validation?  Which department at U of A is this student in? Who is the supervisor? You'd think that creating a survey is easy-peezy (I thought so at first), but constructing an appropriate survey is surprisingly difficult - especially when you are doing it through an academic institution, and have to jump through all the hoops!

If it's just an informal survey thing, no problem.  But I suspect the U of A wouldn't be too happy if this is represented as an official survey for an academic class, if it hasn't been through a proper review process.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »
You would also think they wouldn't add a poll (an incorrect one at that) to help it look more professional. If this is for real you might want to re-think your survey and clean it up.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »
As an alumni of the faculty, I hope this is not representative of the work that our current student body is putting out.

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 07:17:28 pm »
If this person's email address is legit then they are a student. It's a UofA email address attached to this account.

Offline caruser123

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Jetta
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 07:28:24 pm »
Hi everyone,

This survey is not associated with any academic work. This is a personal side project that is not associated with the University.

Thank you

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »
oh i'm sure it is real.  like a first year business proposal.. trying to get an informal idea of the desirability of a product.

my answer to the query is that i wouldn't be interested in paying for it. most people who are on this site don't need someone likely either the same or less qualified to take a look at a car. we would prefer to have a car looked at by a tech we trust when we are about to buy a car. anything could happen between the time the car was looked at and the next potential buyer wants to buy it...

not a bad idea, but not one that will prove profitable.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now