Author Topic: Test Drive: 2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6  (Read 19548 times)

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 05:31:10 pm »
I'd take a Mustang on a drag race, i don't think it'll do any better than an Accord in an autocross.

I'd take an Accord Coupe for the sole reason that I would look dorky in a Mustang. Most Asians don't look good in muscle cars.

My buddy has a Deep Impact Blue '13 Mustang V6. He is the typical Asian med student...  :P

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

My buddy has a Deep Impact Blue '13 Mustang V6. He is the typical Asian med student...  :P

So that means he's only in med school because his parents shamed him into doing it for the reason of "saving face"??   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 05:49:09 pm »

So that means he's only in med school because his parents shamed him into doing it for the reason of "saving face"??   ;D

:laugh: :laugh:

Lighten up Francis.....

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 07:47:02 pm »
One of my Asian friends has a nice Mustang GT.  I've never once thought his ethnicity somehow made him a misfit with the car.

Im with you.......I don't bat an eyelash if I see an asian step out of a Chevelle, same as I don't bat an eyelash when I see a white guy step out of an NSX.

Dude, ANYBODY looks good stepping out of an NSX.

You drive a minivan.  Nothing else you can drive is dorkier than that.  Stop it already.. :rofl2:

I guess I look dorky in both so I might as well get a Mustang at some point. Lol. I knew an ESL student 13 years ago from Japan who owned an 80s Cobra while he was here. He wore a Jamaican hat most of the time too so the car pretty much suited his style. lol.

I drive a minivan and only went to tech college. My parents are disappoint.

I hate to stereotype but when I join a Facebook group dedicated to minivan modding and find out that over half the members are Vietnamese or Filipino (I'm Vietnamese), it's very hard not to make a judgement (against myself).  :rofl2:

http://media.memestache.com/2011/6/27/20110627084617dbbfb3dd1acff22c8d2e174d00547a78.jpg

Lol disappointed Asian dad memes ftw!

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:18 pm »
(I'm Vietnamese), it's very hard not to make a judgement (against myself).  :rofl2:

Pho sure!   ;D

(sorry..couldn't help it)

Offline bombastic

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +14/-261
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda 626, Mazda MPV, Toyota Camry, VW Tiguan, VW Passat, Dodge GC
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:19 pm »
On the surface I say Mustang GT > Accord Coupe V6 > Genesis Coupe, but that could change after a test drive.

It all depends on what you want to do, too.  Want to race at a track, or do Autocross?  Mustang or Genesis for you. 

Want a nice coupe to take ladies out for dates?  The Accord would likely be your best bet...
Ladies for a date in an Accord Coupe? Haha. Nice one.
Bombastic

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »
(I'm Vietnamese), it's very hard not to make a judgement (against myself).  :rofl2:

Pho sure!   ;D

(sorry..couldn't help it)

Lol I use that all the time.

Offline pcsp

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +38/-53
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Nissan Juke AWD (current), 2008 HHR SS (current), 1974 Mazda 929, Triumph TR6, VW Diesel PU, 1981 VW Cabriolet, 1987 Dodge Raider, etc.
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 02:54:45 pm »
I don't get the Mustang GT comparisons. If you want a competent, all around vehicle that does everything great, and nothing bad, the Accord is the choice. Many people who purchase the Accord V6 Coupe NEED it to be able to hold 4 comfortably, get really good fuel mileage, be able to get around in winter, be reliable, have good resale, etc. The gorgeous motor, sound, and balance can compare with any vehicle south of $40,000. The extra (overrated) hp in the Genesis is only good for a minuscule difference in 0-60 and quarter mile. The Mustang is definitely faster, but more of a single purpose vehicle. Good job, Honda, for keeping the civilized performance tradition alive (at least partially).

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 03:13:41 pm »
On the surface I say Mustang GT > Accord Coupe V6 > Genesis Coupe, but that could change after a test drive.

It all depends on what you want to do, too.  Want to race at a track, or do Autocross?  Mustang or Genesis for you. 

Want a nice coupe to take ladies out for dates?  The Accord would likely be your best bet...
Ladies for a date in an Accord Coupe? Haha. Nice one.

What's funny about that?  I took lots of ladies out on dates when I had my Civic SI coupe.  It's not much of a stretch to imagine I would have done the same had I been driving an Accord coupe instead...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »
^ I had a chuckle at that only because most of the women i dated back in those days had way nicer cars than I did, so I usually relied on them to pick me up.  :rofl:  I owned a general contracting business back in hs and all thru university, so most of my money (what little there was) was tied up in work vehicles and tools, etc.  I didn't buy a new car until after I was married.  Btw, my first new car was a Civic SI hatch.  :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:53:35 pm by KarlsDarwin »

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »
I had a chuckle at that only because most of the women i dated back in those days had way nicer cars than I did, so I usually relied on them to pick me up.  :rofl:  I owned a general contracting business back in hs and all thru university, so most of my money (what little there was) was tied up in work vehicles and tools, etc.  I didn't buy a new car until after I was married.  Btw, my first new car was a Civic SI hatch.  :)

Ahh,

Well I was lucky enough (so to speak) to not get married until I turned 30.  I had most of my twenties to live the single life, and that included my mid-to-late twenties when I could afford new vehicles.

Offline Oldsguy

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +70/-953
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 03:56:51 pm »
You might take women on dates in one of these but they would likely be doing the driving. I see women behind the wheel of the Accord coupe almost exclusively.
Since October 2015 the Junior PM has been in office.  Record mega-Billion deficits as he p*sses away our future.  An economy gutted. Stinky POTHEADS rejoice. We are going down the drain.

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »
And I never see anyone take a girl on a date in an Olds!

Offline Oldsguy

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +70/-953
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »
And I never see anyone take a girl on a date in an Olds!

Fixed the attribution for accuracy.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:25 pm »
Newish late model V6 Coupes are a very rare sighting.  As mentioned, a hatch with fold down seats would propel sales.

Offline paul246

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 02:07:13 pm »
For damn near $40K the Mustang GT is a no brainer. While the Accord is not a bad looking car, the power is going to the wrong wheels.

Really? Why were some of the best rally cars FWD?

Taken from a page written by Andrew Comrie-Picard...

"FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE: I’ve left discussion of this until this point because you need to understand left-foot braking and handbrakes to understand an interesting aspect of FWD rally cars and why they can be very fast: with FWD, left-foot braking can work like a handbrake, without the disadvantage of not shifting weight forward. Confused? Think of it this way: using the throttle and brake at the same time on a FWD car is exactly the opposite of doing a brakestand with a RWD car: with FWD you can keep the front wheels spinning (with the engine overpowering the brakes) and slow down or lock up the rears. So as you enter a corner and want to initiate a slide, you can turn the direction you want to go and then apply the brakes while you hold the throttle – the weight will transfer forward (better than with the handbrake, as the front wheels will slow down a little) and your left foot now has control over the speed differential between the front and rear wheels. You can pretty much make a FWD car turn around its nose this way, and this is the reason that no FWD rally car should ever have to worry about understeer. With my ex-factory Lada, you would basically never lift the throttle and just use the brake according to how tight any corner was. It was fantastic. And it’s why many front-wheel drive cars from the Saab 96 to the Mini Cooper to the VW Golf have been great rally cars, and on slippery surfaces far superior to their RWD competition. Now you know.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »
For damn near $40K the Mustang GT is a no brainer. While the Accord is not a bad looking car, the power is going to the wrong wheels.

"FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE: I’ve left discussion of this until this point because you need to understand left-foot braking and handbrakes to understand an interesting aspect of FWD rally cars and why they can be very fast: with FWD, left-foot braking can work like a handbrake, without the disadvantage of not shifting weight forward. Confused? Think of it this way: using the throttle and brake at the same time on a FWD car is exactly the opposite of doing a brakestand with a RWD car: with FWD you can keep the front wheels spinning (with the engine overpowering the brakes) and slow down or lock up the rears. So as you enter a corner and want to initiate a slide, you can turn the direction you want to go and then apply the brakes while you hold the throttle – the weight will transfer forward (better than with the handbrake, as the front wheels will slow down a little) and your left foot now has control over the speed differential between the front and rear wheels. You can pretty much make a FWD car turn around its nose this way, and this is the reason that no FWD rally car should ever have to worry about understeer. With my ex-factory Lada, you would basically never lift the throttle and just use the brake according to how tight any corner was. It was fantastic. And it’s why many front-wheel drive cars from the Saab 96 to the Mini Cooper to the VW Golf have been great rally cars, and on slippery surfaces far superior to their RWD competition. Now you know.

Uh huh....take the Mustang GT, hell, even the V6 with the track pack VS an Accord coupe and we will see how close the Accord is to its rally counterparts....

Offline paul246

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »

Uh huh....take the Mustang GT, hell, even the V6 with the track pack VS an Accord coupe and we will see how close the Accord is to its rally counterparts....

That is the kind of reply I was expecting.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »
Well what did you expect you compared a big fwd coupe to rally cars......stock to stock, the Mustang is a much better sports car, its better in every way.