Author Topic: Rideau Cruise Nights Every Wednesday Night in Ottawa  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Rideau Cruise Nights Every Wednesday Night in Ottawa
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:53:08 pm »
http://www.rcr.net/news.html

Every Wednesday night at Rideau Carleton Raceway.  This is the first one I went to, and apparently the old regime turned people away if they weren't driving good ol' boy American classic cars.  The new organizers have a much more inclusive philosophy.  So it was that when I was parking my car outside the show area, that one of the organizers ran up to me and asked me to park the TT in with other cars.  It was Mustang night but there were a fair number of non 'merican cars too.

They had over 240 cars there....100 of them Mustangs (go figure). Lots of fun walking around and chatting with the owners. Neat seeing a couple of people there who I track with at CMP.

I have this thing about engine bays. Mine is all covered in plastic stuff. It has a "there's nothing to see, just move along boys..." kind of look about it. But there were sure some perty ones there! See if you can match these up with what car they belong to ;)

Why do modern cars have to be so covered up?  All that mechanical goodness is wasted.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Rideau Cruise Nights Every Wednesday Night in Ottawa
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 10:11:35 pm »
Here's a link to a picture gallery of the event. 

http://www.spd-kilz.com/gallery/2014/rcrwcn_july16.htm

My car is about 1/2 of the way through the photo gallery, image 158/296

Offline phazotron

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Montana SV6
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:28 pm »
Nice pictures there Angry Chicken.  I'm going to try and get out there with son & check it out. 

I remember reading something about those plastic engine covers. IIRC the article just stated that on average, people increasingly do not want to see the mechanical bits anymore.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »
I recognize the bottom pic you posted... ;)

I keep forgetting that's on. I'd like to go sometime. Mrs 5 Wheel Drive works Wednesday evenings, our older son would probably like to go, but that means dragging the little dude and the stroller with me too. He may just have to put up with it.

AC...let me know if you're going again...
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Northernridge

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24:27 pm »
Nice post. Looked though all the pics...a ton of Mustangs, no new gen. Corvettes...and one Audi.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 04:41:08 pm »
I recognize the bottom pic you posted... ;)

I keep forgetting that's on. I'd like to go sometime. Mrs 5 Wheel Drive works Wednesday evenings, our older son would probably like to go, but that means dragging the little dude and the stroller with me too. He may just have to put up with it.

AC...let me know if you're going again...
Yup.  For sure!

Nice post. Looked though all the pics...a ton of Mustangs, no new gen. Corvettes...and one Audi.
Felt a little out of place.....  :-[

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:23:48 pm »
I'll be out again this Wednesday night assuming the weather holds out.  Thinking of parking my car and going into the dinner buffet if some of the Ottawa gang want to come out too? 

In any case, I will also pack a couple of chairs and some soft drinks and just sit out and chat with people and take some pics!

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »
I'm going to be there this Wednesday, 3 September 2014, if the weather holds out like it's forecast to.  1morelap.ca is one of the title sponsors with Jim Tubman Chevrolet and there should be a number of people from the evening lapping events at Calabogie out that night.  There's an all-you-can-eat buffet for $9.99 (with beverage purchase) and for those who want to bring their children, there's a family entrance right beside where the cars are parked for the event.

I'm hoping normancw, wing, and 5 Wheel Drive might be there.  I know we have a number of other Ottawa members on this forum (I'm looking at you Scarecrow and RS4Dalf) and others.  I've been there twice this summer and both times there were well over 200 cars there.  There are door prizes, raffles.... lots of fun and very interesting cars.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 05:29:28 pm »
Can't go tonight (Mom and Dad are in town -- we are going out to dinner -- they fly back to St. John's tomorrow afternoon), but would be up for it next week or the following weeks.  When does this event end?
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 05:54:26 pm »
^^^^^
I'll be there tonight.  Leaving in 5 minutes.  There's one more Wednesday left.

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 06:02:57 pm »
Finally a Wednesday night when it ISN'T raining in Ottawa.  Hopefully that will result in a strong turnout at RCR.

Unfortunately I won't be there.  Tonight is my monthly baseball team get together.  We'll be in Little Italy.
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 12:42:41 pm »
^^^^^

How did you enjoy the cruise in?

It looks like there was a good turnout after all: http://www.spd-kilz.com/gallery/2014/rcrwcn_september3.htm

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 05:35:39 pm »
^^^^^

How did you enjoy the cruise in?

It looks like there was a good turnout after all: http://www.spd-kilz.com/gallery/2014/rcrwcn_september3.htm
There were quite a number of cars there and the import car ghetto gets bigger every time.  My car is pic 185 out of 224.  You can see the result of my latest clay bar application there.   :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:37:50 pm by Angry Chicken »