Author Topic: 2015 VW Golf, Trend 5 sps, Highline Auto impression from MK 5 owner *update  (Read 7992 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
HI julie!

yeah.. i almost caved and wanted to sign on the dotted line when i saw the leather sports seats...   :rofl2:

good think i went for a drive first. ;)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: 2015 VW Golf, Highline Automatic driving impression from MK 5 owner.
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 12:38:21 pm »
but the biggest let down for the highline for me is the sports suspension/17incher combo.

the lovely ride/handling combo is ruined with the sports suspension on the highline.  it rides more like a MINI and that's not a compliment.  it's maybe 10~20% more compliant than a MINI cooper. but you can feel almost every crack and bumps on the road...  sure, it can take corners flat, but what's the point?  this ain't no GTI..

Is it possible that they had the tire pressure way too high?

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: 2015 VW Golf, Highline Automatic driving impression from MK 5 owner.
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »
but the biggest let down for the highline for me is the sports suspension/17incher combo.

the lovely ride/handling combo is ruined with the sports suspension on the highline.  it rides more like a MINI and that's not a compliment.  it's maybe 10~20% more compliant than a MINI cooper. but you can feel almost every crack and bumps on the road...  sure, it can take corners flat, but what's the point?  this ain't no GTI..

Is it possible that they had the tire pressure way too high?

that was my immediate thought as i was leaving the dealership.   but that was when i thought the highline had the same suspension as the lower trim. 

it might still be the air in the tire. but i don't think the sport suspension helps.

Offline WRX_Pilot

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-60
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '15 Mini Cooper S
I drove the highline as well, and granted I'm driving on horrible Winnipeg roads, but it really throws you around and was quite punishing actually.. and I'm fairly tolerant as well.  I used to daily a YJ and a TJ.