Author Topic: TTracking iTT  (Read 80974 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: TTracking iTT
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2014, 05:10:47 am »
Denso IK plugs or nothing for me....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2014, 07:29:38 am »
There were NGKs in it. When did you switch your allegiance to Denso?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 07:41:29 pm »

Always. 

NGKs were put in fresh in the TT when I got it, so I didn't swap them out.  PO paid for oil change, filters and plugs.  He wouldn't spend extra for the Densos though (I asked, he said they were too hard to get)...so NGK it was. I would have swapped them out immediately if there was a miss under higher boost though.

Sorry dude!!   :-[

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2014, 07:44:46 pm »
http://youtu.be/HKvLjiYbFf0

Link is to a couple of quick laps around Calabogie this last Sunday, 14 September.  normancw, 5 Wheel Drive, and wing were there at a www.1morelap.ca evening track session.  Wing was shaking down his Chump Car (http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/chumpcar/) and instructing one of the 4 co-drivers and normancw was going out in his Scion FR-S.  5 Wheel Drive was doing ride-alongs with the two of us.  At one point half way through the evening normancw tossed me the keys to his car and I went out with 5 Wheel Drive riding shotgun.  I was thoroughly impressed!  What a sweet set up with the coilovers, big brakes and camber plates, not to mention the sticky Dunlops.  The car was beautifully balanced and did it ever turn well!  I was also impressed with the exhaust note of that 4-pot boxer.  5 Wheel Drive and I turned on normancw's GoPro half way through the lapping session (did I really do 6 laps?) and left some "voice messages"....I'm hoping he heard them over our giggles.

Thanks, normancw!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:53:25 pm by Angry Chicken »

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: TTracking iTT
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 07:58:50 pm »

Always. 

NGKs were put in fresh in the TT when I got it, so I didn't swap them out.  PO paid for oil change, filters and plugs.  He wouldn't spend extra for the Densos though (I asked, he said they were too hard to get)...so NGK it was. I would have swapped them out immediately if there was a miss under higher boost though.

Never had issues with NGK Iridiums in my car.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 08:23:37 pm »
http://youtu.be/g7s9U9ZvCl4

This is a link to a video with 5 Wheel Drive running shotgun.  It was fun while it lasted.  The session was cut short because someone spun their late gen Porsche 911 in Temptation and ended up facing the junction between Temptation and the front straight kink.  Methinks this made the marshals nervous!  So they black-flagged it.....just when we were really getting going.  ;-)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:08:41 am by Angry Chicken »

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TTracking iTT
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 08:24:17 pm »

Always. 

Never had issues with NGK Iridiums in my car.
So far, so good.  Listen to the engine note in the vids and you can hear how sweetly she's purring.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2014, 09:26:49 pm »
^ I noticed it did sound really good!   :thumbup:

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »
GeTT in line!  My gawd, are those Challengers big!  The guy spent half the night squirming around on his suspension.  Sounded really nice but that car just wouldn't turn.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:09:55 pm by Angry Chicken »

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2014, 10:09:48 pm »
Porsche didn't spin it was a weird situation.  He was black flagged because fuel door was open, so he parked it.  He thought his car was on fire because p cars tend to do that.

So he jumped out of the car.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 10:14:10 pm »
Porsche didn't spin it was a weird situation.  He was black flagged because fuel door was open, so he parked it.  He thought his car was on fire because p cars tend to do that.

So he jumped out of the car.
Well, they do say that the only reason you ever get out of your car on a hot track is if your car is on fire!  He appears on that second vid....wonder of you can see anything when I go by him?

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »

Link is to a couple of quick laps around Calabogie this last Sunday, 14 September.  normancw, 5 Wheel Drive, and wing were there at a www.1morelap.ca evening track session.  Wing was shaking down his Chump Car (http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/chumpcar/) and instructing one of the 4 co-drivers and normancw was going out in his Scion FR-S.  5 Wheel Drive was doing ride-alongs with the two of us.  At one point half way through the evening normancw tossed me the keys to his car and I went out with 5 Wheel Drive riding shotgun.  I was thoroughly impressed!  What a sweet set up with the coilovers, big brakes and camber plates, not to mention the sticky Dunlops.  The car was beautifully balanced and did it ever turn well!  I was also impressed with the exhaust note of that 4-pot boxer.  5 Wheel Drive and I turned on normancw's GoPro half way through the lapping session (did I really do 6 laps?) and left some "voice messages"....I'm hoping he heard them over our giggles.

Thanks, normancw!

You're welcome!  And thank you letting me drive your car again - great pull out of slow corners with the torque and AWD!  I noticed the difference with single mass flywheel you now have compared to the dual mass flywheel you used to have - I like it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:43:17 pm by normancw »
Don't fight it.  The sooner you get it the better.
― rrocket

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2014, 05:49:30 pm »

Thanks, normancw!

You're welcome!  And thank you letting me drive your car again - great pull out of slow corners with the torque and AWD!  I noticed the difference with single mass flywheel you now have compared to the dual mass flywheel you used to have - I like it.

You need to post the video from AC and I in your car.  I want to see the modded GTR belch flames again!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 07:23:01 pm »

Link is to a couple of quick laps around Calabogie this last Sunday, 14 September.  normancw, 5 Wheel Drive, and wing were there at a www.1morelap.ca evening track session.  Wing was shaking down his Chump Car (http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/chumpcar/) and instructing one of the 4 co-drivers and normancw was going out in his Scion FR-S.  5 Wheel Drive was doing ride-alongs with the two of us.  At one point half way through the evening normancw tossed me the keys to his car and I went out with 5 Wheel Drive riding shotgun.  I was thoroughly impressed!  What a sweet set up with the pcoilovers, big brakes and camber plates, not to mention the sticky Dunlops.  The car was beautifully balanced and did it ever turn well!  I was also impressed with the exhaust note of that 4-pot boxer.  5 Wheel Drive and I turned on normancw's GoPro half way through the lapping session (did I really do 6 laps?) and left some "voice messages"....I'm hoping he heard them over our giggles.

Thanks, normancw!

You need to post the video from AC and I in your car.  I want to see the modded GTR belch flames again!
+1!  I've posted 2 vids already and you haven't posted one yet. ;-).  Want to see those flames!

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »
Still waiting for normancw to post that vid with the fire-belching Nissan GT-R.

In the meantime, here is a link to an in-car video of the gawd-awful drenched track session that faced normancw and myself this last Sunday, the 21st!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YPYhVg-SI

If you follow that link to my YouTube channel you'll find a few more.

Here's a link to one of the instructor's videos.  Not the cool helmet mounted camera!  Maybe I'll give it a try next time.  Btw, look for the barf bag taped to his glovebox.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINd-21PejI&feature=player_embedded

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2014, 09:01:39 pm »
Still waiting for normancw to post that vid with the fire-belching Nissan GT-R.

In the meantime, here is a link to an in-car video of the gawd-awful drenched track session that faced normancw and myself this last Sunday, the 21st!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YPYhVg-SI

If you follow that link to my YouTube channel you'll find a few more.

Here's a link to one of the instructor's videos.  Not the cool helmet mounted camera!  Maybe I'll give it a try next time.  Btw, look for the barf bag taped to his glovebox.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINd-21PejI&feature=player_embedded

The track had less grip that week before in the rain - it must have been the oil left by the Chump Car race the day before.

Andre is really fast - during that session, on pretty worn Hankook R-S3s, he passed 4 other FR-S/BRZs, 3 Miatas, an S2000, a Boss Mustang...  :o
http://youtu.be/qINd-21PejI

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2014, 09:52:49 pm »
^^^^^
Haha, you linked to the same video I did.  Andre definitely didn't seem fazed by the rain.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2014, 11:03:11 pm »
It was the last track day of the season tonight:
-----------------------------------------------------
Ironically that was the warmest track evening I've had the pleasure of participating in and it was the last one of the season.....near the end of September no less!
Honestly, the tires didn't work for me. The car never really felt like it hooked up. These are my daily driver tires (Continental ExtremeContact DW, 225/40/18) and while they were amazing in the wet last weekend at CMP at the HPDE, they felt a little slow to react tonight and my car plowed. They are nowhere near as communicative as my Michelin Pilot Super Sports (same size) which I use for track tires. The Michelins started getting corded -- well, at least one tire did --- and I didn't want to risk it so I just tried to be gentle with my DD tires. Didn't mean that I didn't enjoy myself....a great track and a lot of friendly, an interesting people to chat with meant I had a good time!

Normancw was there, too, as was Wing.  Poor 5 Wheel Drive couldn't make it since his wife ended up working late.  I was looking forward to seeing his Miata (aka "the wee black roadster").  Hopefully I'll get to see it before it's put away for the winter.

http://youtu.be/f7il2dpsf-Q

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 12:02:11 am »
Glad you had a good time tonight. I was sorry I couldn't make it, I was looking forward to going.

I'll definitely make time to show you the new wheels. Norm lives not to far from me. I may just have to go for spin some Sunday afternoon. I may just end up out towards Osgoode... ;D

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2014, 04:15:56 pm »
Some pics from the track session on Friday night, 26 September 2014
(c) LaPeetz Photography --> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lapeetz-Photography/131000306974063
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:53:07 pm by Angry Chicken »