Author Topic: Its cursed  (Read 10593 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: Its cursed
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 04:54:54 pm »
Just got off the phone with Acura Customer Relations again (headoffice) - much displeasure was voiced but they're holding firm to the "you gotta let them diagnose" line.

Am I missing something here? Has it already been to the dealer for this problem?  If not, why are you calling Acura Customer Relations?  ???
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »
Is the system set to auto ?

Not sure if this is a troll question.

No, not a troll question
On some system with speed up and slowed the fan speed to the demand on the system
If you want heat, but the system does not have enough heat , it will keep the fan in low speed until there enough heat

Ok, sorry.

And yes its on auto. Even when the car is warm the fan speed is too low. Its got nice warm air already just not enough of it unless you manually crank up the fan speed.

So how much we talking here?  I prefer manual to auto anyway, so this doesn't bother me....

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2014, 08:15:28 pm »
Success! Thanks to TurfIt's link I was able to do the diagnostic test procedure and indeed it is showing that there is an error condition in the interior temp and humidity sensors.

Its got no reading for either value.

Should be a no questions asked situation with the dealer.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Its cursed
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 12:39:50 am »
Success! Thanks to TurfIt's link I was able to do the diagnostic test procedure and indeed it is showing that there is an error condition in the interior temp and humidity sensors.

Umm...shouldn't it be no questioned asked either way since it's still under bumper to bumper warranty?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Its cursed
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2014, 06:57:35 am »

Umm...shouldn't it be no questioned asked either way since it's still under bumper to bumper warranty?

Yeah, I 'm not understanding something here. Did you already take it to the dealer once and have them blow you off with the "cannot duplicate the problem" line?

It's under warranty isn't it?  Why jump though all these hoops trying to diagnose it yourself?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:44:33 am by sailor723 »

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2014, 08:02:40 am »
I've gotten the "couldn't duplicate problem" line on many of my dozen or so trips. So far they've always acquiesced after careful, detailed explanation of it issue.

Since this one required somethinking about how auto climate control should behave, including taking into account factors like outside temperature, sunlight, etc. I was not optimistic initially that an admission of fault would be forthcoming.

In short, I have little faith in their willingness to work on"non obvious" problems.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:31 am »
It sounds like in this case a trip to the dealer would have been pretty straight forward. Read the code... install (or order) a sensor.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2014, 10:33:19 am »
Yes. Now that I know for a fact the code is there I feel much better.

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »
I've gotten the "couldn't duplicate problem" line on many of my dozen or so trips. So far they've always acquiesced after careful, detailed explanation of it issue.

Since this one required somethinking about how auto climate control should behave, including taking into account factors like outside temperature, sunlight, etc. I was not optimistic initially that an admission of fault would be forthcoming.

In short, I have little faith in their willingness to work on"non obvious" problems.

I agree.  Dealers normally don't care about non-obvious problems and it is often difficult for them to replicate the issues.

Glad this is getting solved for you mmret.  I hope you keep the TL; it's an awesome car!