Author Topic: Kia Drops Official Details, Images Of New Sedona  (Read 11026 times)

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
Re: Kia Drops Official Details, Images Of New Sedona
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 07:10:59 am »
Looks a lot like a Quest and it looks terrific.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 10:30:41 am »
looks like the Quest is no longer sold in Canada as its not on the Nissan Canada website.  It is available in the US.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Kia Drops Official Details, Images Of New Sedona
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:45 am »
looks like the Quest is no longer sold in Canada as its not on the Nissan Canada website.  It is available in the US.

Correct.  2013MY was the last time it was here.  I guess it just wasn't a big enough seller for Nissan.  It certainly didn't have a lot of the practicality that minivan buyers are looking for versus Dodge/Chrysler, Toyota and Honda.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 12:44:22 pm »
On the practical side it was just fine, counting the times you would load that up to the max the small difference was not really a big deal.  They sure did that quietly, I guess it was easy for them  when you think of it being the japanese model Elgrand.  Hands down it was the best ride and most luxurious interior for minivans, especially against the Sienna.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 02:22:48 pm »
The centre consoul will definitely be a deal killer for a lot of people but otherwise it looks really good in and out.  I chuckle when people say " for a minivan" as is somehow CUV's or sedans look better.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 05:42:32 pm »
On the practical side it was just fine, counting the times you would load that up to the max the small difference was not really a big deal.  They sure did that quietly, I guess it was easy for them  when you think of it being the japanese model Elgrand.  Hands down it was the best ride and most luxurious interior for minivans, especially against the Sienna.

I found the interior wasn't nearly as large as the Odyssey in terms of leg room.  The Sienna interior is cheap no matter what trim level you pick.  The deal breaker for me with the Quest was the inability for the third row seat to fold flat into the floor and the CVT.

Offline phazotron

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Montana SV6
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »

I've lost count the number of times I've removed all of the seats to load my van up with stuff (e.g. moving, home reno materials, Ikea furniture shopping, etc...).  If the full volume of the van isn't available for use in carrying bulky cargo, then that's a deal breaker for me. I figure that was a critical factor is the Quest's poor sales because is was otherwise a nice van.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:20 am »

Correct.  2013MY was the last time it was here.  I guess it just wasn't a big enough seller for Nissan.  It certainly didn't have a lot of the practicality that minivan buyers are looking for versus Dodge/Chrysler, Toyota and Honda.

662 sold last year, which is more than I would have expected.

They only sold 539 Armadas last year and that model is still offered.

I thought I had read somewhere that the 2014 Quest was going to be special-order only.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 10:28:17 am »
The Armada probably has at least 3x more profit per unit sold though.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 10:38:24 am »
The Armada probably has at least 3x more profit per unit sold though.

And the gas companies give Nissan a little bit each year to keep it on the road... ;D

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 11:08:43 am »
I'd say this is the best looking van in the business.  It looks trimmer than most and the interior is more car like.  I never liked the standard van layout of shifter on the dash and no center console, so this suits me.  However it's a trade off to practicality and convenience, which is what most buyers are looking for in a van.  Still, it's another option for those with different needs and that's always a good thing.

Oh, and do people actually get out of their seats to walk to the back while the van is moving?  Much safer, not to mention legal, to stop the car first.  Then it's no biggy to get out and open the side door to tend to the kids.  The center console is then a moot point.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:39 am »
regarding the centre console, found this shot of the Chrysler T&C which has a console in it and dash shift and the console certainly doesn't look like it removable and the same for the Dodge.  Sure not much variation in dash layout between these two models, makes you wonder why they have two separate ones???  You would think they would offer something a bit more distinctive!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 11:30:54 am »
I'd say this is the best looking van in the business.  It looks trimmer than most and the interior is more car like.  I never liked the standard van layout of shifter on the dash and no center console, so this suits me.  However it's a trade off to practicality and convenience, which is what most buyers are looking for in a van.  Still, it's another option for those with different needs and that's always a good thing.

Oh, and do people actually get out of their seats to walk to the back while the van is moving?  Much safer, not to mention legal, to stop the car first.  Then it's no biggy to get out and open the side door to tend to the kids.  The center console is then a moot point.

But then I can't put my cooler between the front seats!  Major deal breaker!  Any my wife, can't put her huge friggin garbage bag purse in between the seats either!

Offline igorpl1

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
Ok... something's fishy here... exactly the same pictures and text article is appearing here: wwwDOTnetcarshowDOTcom/kia/2015-sedona/
So, who is plagiarizing who?... I'd hate to see you guys lowering your standards...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 12:23:54 pm »
Both sites took Kia's press release word for word. Chill. Common practice.

Press release:
http://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/models/sedona/2015