Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2250047 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1140 on: October 31, 2014, 12:02:16 am »
Getting out of hospital last Sunday.  Home now, and not out of the woods yet, but glad to be able to drive , shop, walk, etc.  No gym, which will drive me crazy...  Not sure when I get to return to work.  Going to Redblacks game with Steven tomorrow (we were supposed to go last week,but that got messed up).  He has been amazing through this.
Nice to hear! Hope it wasn't anything serious. Maybe the Redblacks will get their (4th?) win if the season for you! We went a week ago. Beautiful facility.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1141 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:14 am »
Getting out of hospital last Sunday.  Home now, and not out of the woods yet, but glad to be able to drive , shop, walk, etc.  No gym, which will drive me crazy...  Not sure when I get to return to work.  Going to Redblacks game with Steven tomorrow (we were supposed to go last week,but that got messed up).  He has been amazing through this.
That great news
I see you are a little bored, watching train videos to kill the time  lol

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1142 on: October 31, 2014, 05:59:31 am »

You're well enough to shop, go to a CFL game, but can't go to work.  Have you no sense of pride man  ???    The Federal Government .... so depressing.  My father-in-law was a Federal employee.  Would golf all weekend and then come Monday his back would go out and stay at home all week.  Then on Saturday he would be back on the links.  It's endemic.   Wouldn't be so bad if the country could pay it's bills and not tax the living sh*t out of ppl.   :P

Wait a second - I am well enough to get in the car, drive to the supermarket, get some groceries and. get back home.  We are not taking about an 8 hour road trip or an all day shop till you drop fest.  By walk I mean max 15 minutes round trip, with me wheezing by the time I get back to my condo.  Any form of stress or confrontation right now causes me shortness of breath.  As for the CFL game, sitting out I the fresh air for a couple of hours isn't very stressful.  BTW,my health benefits are not free -  I have to pay for them through payroll deductions...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 31, 2014, 06:09:51 am »

You're well enough to shop, go to a CFL game, but can't go to work.  Have you no sense of pride man  ???    The Federal Government .... so depressing.  My father-in-law was a Federal employee.  Would golf all weekend and then come Monday his back would go out and stay at home all week.  Then on Saturday he would be back on the links.  It's endemic.   Wouldn't be so bad if the country could pay it's bills and not tax the living sh*t out of ppl.   :P

Wait a second - I am well enough to get in the car, drive to the supermarket, get some groceries and. get back home.  We are not taking about an 8 hour road trip or an all day shop till you drop fest.  By walk I mean max 15 minutes round trip, with me wheezing by the time I get back to my condo.  Any form of stress or confrontation right now causes me shortness of breath.  As for the CFL game, sitting out I the fresh air for a couple of hours isn't very stressful.  BTW,my health benefits are not free -  I have to pay for them through payroll deductions...
You will be freezing your ass off tonight at the game !

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1144 on: October 31, 2014, 06:48:41 am »
No worries - I have a full length wool coat,big winter boots, scarf,wool hat,big wooly mittens...  If it is really cold I may be able to convince Monsieur to lend me either his full-length coyote or raccoon, or his full-length shearling...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:56:56 am by Scaerio »

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1145 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:01 pm »
Finally finding the dead/rotting mouse. The Mrs can no longer say its me that stinks.

Please tell me it wasn't in the SVS... :P

;D

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1146 on: October 31, 2014, 01:16:21 pm »
Finally a routine is developing.  No naps anymore, with the oldest, both kids sleeping by 8:30pm, 3 days this week so far.  Just played Gin with my wife for 2 hours, haven't played with her in over 4 months!  At the moment she is slightly ahead, which is rare.  :rofl2:

Next time, try drinking gin with the wife for 2 hours and see where it goes!   ;D

Yeah, think I want to be cleaning up the bathroom and do laundry in the middle of the night.  And the booze going straight to my son!  :rofl2:  Those days have been on hold for awhile!  :(

I was going to say drinking gin for 2 hours might ultimately lead to another child... :rofl2:

Better not, I have to wait till March for "the procedure", can't believe they are that booked!

Can't get pregnant from oral or anal.   :rofl:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....tip of the day kids!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #1147 on: October 31, 2014, 01:58:13 pm »
Finally a routine is developing.  No naps anymore, with the oldest, both kids sleeping by 8:30pm, 3 days this week so far.  Just played Gin with my wife for 2 hours, haven't played with her in over 4 months!  At the moment she is slightly ahead, which is rare.  :rofl2:

Next time, try drinking gin with the wife for 2 hours and see where it goes!   ;D

Yeah, think I want to be cleaning up the bathroom and do laundry in the middle of the night.  And the booze going straight to my son!  :rofl2:  Those days have been on hold for awhile!  :(

I was going to say drinking gin for 2 hours might ultimately lead to another child... :rofl2:

Better not, I have to wait till March for "the procedure", can't believe they are that booked!

yup..... it's a long wait but it'll be worth it 3 weeks AFTER it's done. 

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1148 on: October 31, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »

In the mean time, guess the pill will have to do.....

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #1149 on: October 31, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »

I had waited 1.5 years to see the Urologist my doctor recommended.  I just got my surgery date...Dec. 22 :banghead:  I won't even be in town then.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:13 pm »
Handing out the Halloween treats.  :)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 31, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »
Not many kids this year so far :-(

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 31, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »

Or abstinence.  ;D 

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 31, 2014, 07:24:04 pm »
Not many kids this year so far :-(

Only 7 here so far.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #1154 on: October 31, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »
Only a dozen here...is Halloween only for adults now?

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: October 31, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »
Weve had 40....at least. Lots of young families in this hood.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 31, 2014, 09:15:31 pm »
Just had the cutest little....uhhhh...princesses from Frozen ever....oh and a very high end Iron Man and Optimus Prime.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1157 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:06 pm »
Only four kids tonight. Maybe had a couple more, but I was in the back yard at the BBQ and my wife has a broken leg so couldn't get to the door in time. Oops... hope the little hellions don't come back later to egg the house.  :(

Now I'm stuck with two bags of candy that I'm going to have to eat.  :-\

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1158 on: November 01, 2014, 10:29:23 am »
Being pricing out tires for the new Mazda6 next week.  Offered the dealer 1/2 price for winter tires, and they can keep the stock oems, no go.  Was putting strollers in the garage, and saw the winter tires from my Mazda5, which were from my 2008 Mazda6.  What do you know, they are the same size.  Now I remember, in the winter I had been using p215 on the Mazda5, instead of the stock p205.  So the Mazda6 actually uses p215, in the summer I will go to p225 with 18'.  No tires to buy this winter!  Wife was super happy! Happy wife..

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 01, 2014, 11:22:44 am »
Left over Halloween candy for breakfast.  I sorted out the candy so that my favorites were to be handed out last.  ;D