Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2249857 times)

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1120 on: October 30, 2014, 10:07:36 am »
sold one of my bikes.
but it needs to be delivered...

??? One does not sell ones bikes

it was my Dirt Jumper.
something we only used maybe 4 times a year (winter only) at Joyride.

Now we've got cross country skiis and plan on getting a fat bike!  ;D

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1121 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:46 am »
A gift from a friend...

Is that going in the car your wife drives or the work truck? ;D

Not sure I want to put it in either... :-\  I'm a weak man when it comes to the aroma of BACON and as it is now have a hard time not stopping for bfast every morning.  I may hide it in a coworker's vehicle instead... ;D

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1122 on: October 30, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »
Have you tried the bacon toothpaste? Hahaha

No, but I just ordered a pizza with extra bacon even though I brought lunch with me today... :lick:

Yeah, I don't think that air-freshener won't be going into either of my vehicles... :P

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1123 on: October 30, 2014, 08:49:47 pm »
People in Toronto who walk over to where I just pulled in to hand me their parking lot ticket. Happens a half dozen times a year.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1124 on: October 30, 2014, 09:56:20 pm »
Finally finding the dead/rotting mouse. The Mrs can no longer say its me that stinks.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1125 on: October 30, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »
Getting out of hospital last Sunday.  Home now, and not out of the woods yet, but glad to be able to drive , shop, walk, etc.  No gym, which will drive me crazy...  Not sure when I get to return to work.  Going to Redblacks game with Steven tomorrow (we were supposed to go last week,but that got messed up).  He has been amazing through this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:05:30 pm by Scaerio »
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #1126 on: October 30, 2014, 10:48:31 pm »
Getting out of hospital on Sunday.  Home now, and not out of the woods yet, but glad to be able to drive , shop, walk, etc.  No gym, which will drive me crazy...  Not sure when I get to return to work.  Going to Redblacks game with Steven tomorrow (we were supposed to go last week,but that got messed up).  He has been amazing through this.
:thumbup: :thumbup: Glad to see things are going as well as they can. And that you've got a good support structure

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1127 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:33 pm »
Finally a routine is developing.  No naps anymore, with the oldest, both kids sleeping by 8:30pm, 3 days this week so far.  Just played Gin with my wife for 2 hours, haven't played with her in over 4 months!  At the moment she is slightly ahead, which is rare.  :rofl2:

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #1128 on: October 30, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »
Getting out of hospital last Sunday.  Home now, and not out of the woods yet, but glad to be able to drive , shop, walk, etc.  No gym, which will drive me crazy...  Not sure when I get to return to work.  Going to Redblacks game with Steven tomorrow (we were supposed to go last week,but that got messed up).  He has been amazing through this.
Glad you're feeling better!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 30, 2014, 11:09:46 pm »
Finally a routine is developing.  No naps anymore, with the oldest, both kids sleeping by 8:30pm, 3 days this week so far.  Just played Gin with my wife for 2 hours, haven't played with her in over 4 months!  At the moment she is slightly ahead, which is rare.  :rofl2:

Next time, try drinking gin with the wife for 2 hours and see where it goes!   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #1130 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »

You're well enough to shop, go to a CFL game, but can't go to work.  Have you no sense of pride man  ???    The Federal Government .... so depressing.  My father-in-law was a Federal employee.  Would golf all weekend and then come Monday his back would go out and stay at home all week.  Then on Saturday he would be back on the links.  It's endemic.   Wouldn't be so bad if the country could pay it's bills and not tax the living sh*t out of ppl.   :P

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #1131 on: October 30, 2014, 11:36:05 pm »
Warning, this is going to sound like an unhappy story, but it's got a good ending:

At the Sens game tonight.  Lady in the row in front of us walks in, drenched in perfume...like she showered in it.  Pretty soon a purple-green funky cloud (maybe I was imagining it) settles over our section and the stink of what I can only describe as Eau de Old Lady gives me a headache.  I can see other people are being affected by it and I start hoping that the guy beside me would pour beer over me to mask the sickly stench.  My son is worse affected, and we try to switch seats so he's further away but before long our eyes are watering.  So, what do I do?  Do I tell her somewhat nicely to refrain from wearing her Eau de Screw You next time she comes to a game, or do I go to guest services and ask them to change our seats tout suite.  We choose the latter course, the Sens season ticket rep thanking me for not raising a stink (LOL!).  I get them to change our neighbour season ticket holders' seats and the four of us up and leave to another section to enjoy the rest of the game scent free.  Would've been nice if the Sens had beaten the Hawks, but still a shootout loss is not bad against a team which is arguably the class of the NHL!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 30, 2014, 11:36:46 pm »

Next time, try drinking gin with the wife for 2 hours and see where it goes!   ;D

Yeah, think I want to be cleaning up the bathroom and do laundry in the middle of the night.  And the booze going straight to my son!  :rofl2:  Those days have been on hold for awhile!  :(

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:32 pm »

Yeah, think I want to be cleaning up the bathroom and do laundry in the middle of the night.  And the booze going straight to my son!  :rofl2:  Those days have been on hold for awhile!  :(

I was going to say drinking gin for 2 hours might ultimately lead to another child... :rofl2:

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 30, 2014, 11:40:50 pm »

I was going to say drinking gin for 2 hours might ultimately lead to another child... :rofl2:

Better not, I have to wait till March for "the procedure", can't believe they are that booked!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 30, 2014, 11:41:25 pm »

Better not, I have to wait till March for "the procedure", can't believe they are that booked!

Can't get pregnant from oral or anal.   :rofl:

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #1136 on: October 30, 2014, 11:43:07 pm »

:o :o :o :o :o :o    that went "south" fast!!!

just ate can of tuna.  yup.  gold seal.   sustainably fished.  so they say.   surprised it has so much protein ..  :)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:28 pm »

just ate can of tuna.  yup.  gold seal.   sustainably fished.  so they say.   surprised it has so much protein ..  :)

LOL...I was thinking if I should hit ENTER.  What the heck!  ENTER it was!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:48 pm »

Consider the source...  :rofl:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:55 pm »

Consider the source...  :rofl:

LOL.  It my defense, it was a factual post on how NOT to get pregnant.