Author Topic: Must all used cars be sold with a 30 dayswarranty?  (Read 5554 times)

Offline justinrignall

• Noob
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Buy Parts
  • Cars: AUTO
Must all used cars be sold with a 30 dayswarranty?
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:49 pm »
I have a plan to buy a used car next month that really fits to my budget. I need to know your opinion about the advantage of using used car? What can i do if i bought a used car in a dealership and I'm not satisfy with it and still under the 30 days warranty?

Thanks in advance,
Justin
I create content for Buy Parts as well as a couple of other truck related blogs.

I spend my time selling  vehicle parts and looking for super chargers.

If you would like to catch me, you can via Google+ or Twitter: @JustinRignall

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
Re: Must all used cars be sold with a 30 dayswarranty?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:58 pm »
I have a plan to buy a used car next month that really fits to my budget. I need to know your opinion about the advantage of using used car? What can i do if i bought a used car in a dealership and I'm not satisfy with it and still under the 30 days warranty?

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Not satisfied with it? Nothing.
It breaks? Get it fixed.

*If there is even a warranty attached, which there may not be.

What's your budget? What are you looking at?

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 12:18:56 am »
The warranty may depend on where you are.  Here in BC there is no warranty on used cars unless it's still covered under the original manufactures coverage or you buy an aftermarket one. 

It says you're from Australia.  No idea what it would be there. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:26:19 am »
Hey Jacob,

Thanks for your quick reply and your opinion. My budget is $13,000 for 2003 AUDI ALLROAD QUATTRO TDI C5. Is it possible?

Kind regards,
Justin

Ummm...if you are seriously considering that car, a 30 day warranty is the least of your worries....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 12:54:36 am »
Hey Jacob,

Thanks for your quick reply and your opinion. My budget is $13,000 for 2003 AUDI ALLROAD QUATTRO TDI C5. Is it possible?

Kind regards,
Justin

Ummm...if you are seriously considering that car, a 30 day warranty is the least of your worries....

:rofl:

Do they have a warranty that adds another zero to the end of that term??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 08:08:45 am »
Kindly tell me your budget for buying the car then only I can suggest you some interesting idea.
That too funny
A US guy wanting to help an Ozzie , both have 1 post  :rofl:

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:28 pm »
In SK it is reasonable consideration for reasonable time.  Meaning it isn't defined by a specific time frame.  If you bought the car, put it in your garage and only put 10 km on it, by common law you would have more than 30 days.  If you put 4000km on in a week, you could be out of luck.  The dealer really has to work with you out of good will, this is where reputation comes in.  If the dealer tells you to pound it, you have to go through legal recourse, which may be more hassle than it's worth, and he may in fact be counting on it.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 07:10:08 pm »
a car over a decade old from a "dealer" is always tricky...

that could be a wholesale car to a new audi dealer (which means zero warranty) to the most expensive car on a corner lot (they will make enough money that they will try to keep you happy)... that is not a rule at all, just the usual sway...

i know a few guys that would love that car and would be able to keep it running for another decade... most sane people however will grow sick of fixing it.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 09:22:19 pm »
In SK it is reasonable consideration for reasonable time.  Meaning it isn't defined by a specific time frame.  If you bought the car, put it in your garage and only put 10 km on it, by common law you would have more than 30 days.  If you put 4000km on in a week, you could be out of luck.  The dealer really has to work with you out of good will, this is where reputation comes in.  If the dealer tells you to pound it, you have to go through legal recourse, which may be more hassle than it's worth, and he may in fact be counting on it.

Exactly.