Author Topic: 2015 Volkswagen Alltrack Wagon  (Read 27555 times)

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +30/-77
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 BMW 440i, 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sport
Re: 2015 Volkswagen Alltrack Wagon
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »
What if you want an AWD wagon with a normal ride height?

vw did show an awd diesel wagon with a normal ride height but i'm sure they will feel it necessary to make everything into a cuv/suv    ::)  just holding onto my wagon as long as i can now.

That's fine with me....but in that case at least give the bloody Tiguan a diesel 4Motion option!

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 06:25:46 pm »

vw did show an awd diesel wagon with a normal ride height but i'm sure they will feel it necessary to make everything into a cuv/suv    ::)  just holding onto my wagon as long as i can now.

That's fine with me....but in that case at least give the bloody Tiguan a diesel 4Motion option!

May as well give it a new name while at it...that's gotta be the lamest name i can think of for a vehicle... :-\

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2014, 01:14:14 pm »

May as well give it a new name while at it...that's gotta be the lamest name i can think of for a vehicle... :-\

I think the Ford Probe has the "Worst Name Ever" award sown up nicely (cue the Simpsons' comic book guy).

As to the vehicle itself, I think the Alltrack will be a winner.  A bit too big for me but definitely in the right category.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2014, 09:11:19 am »

Then you need to find a used Legacy Wagon...

;D

those the new Volvo V60 not have AWD available?

BMW's wagon is also still... a wagon!

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2014, 11:22:51 am »
Not exactly wagons for the commoner are they?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
2015 Volkswagen Alltrack Wagon
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2014, 11:52:21 am »

If only one could just disguise a Euro Tig with the diesel and DSG and sneak it in to Canada. As certification jobs go I would think it would not be too difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2014, 12:25:43 pm »

If only one could just disguise a Euro Tig with the diesel and DSG and sneak it in to Canada. As certification jobs go I would think it would not be too difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've always wondered how hard that would be. Does every vehicle imported into Canada get mechanically inspected? I'm guessing no. A few label changes here and there should be sufficient...?  ???

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »
^^ I think it's pretty close to impossible. I suppose you might be able to get away with it, but the stakes are pretty high if you get caught. And I wonder if there's something in the VIN that would raise an immediate red flag? If not with CBSA, then maybe with the Province and insurance company when you try to register/insure it?

From TC: "Importing a vehicle into Canada that does not meet the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (MVSA) is a criminal offense. Inadmissible vehicles are denied entry into Canada and detained. All storage and disposal fees become the responsibility of the importer."

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-index-446.htm

It's sad, because I'd kill for a proper BMW 1-Series hatchback. :(

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:06 pm »

maybe not the BMW but it'll be interesting to see how much the entry price of the V60 vs this new alltrack turns out to be.   If you look at the cost of some VWs - it's pretty close to premium pricing.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2014, 01:29:55 pm »
We can only hope

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 02:15:56 pm »

maybe not the BMW but it'll be interesting to see how much the entry price of the V60 vs this new alltrack turns out to be.   If you look at the cost of some VWs - it's pretty close to premium pricing.

Oh wow! I hope you are very wrong and VW packs this one right and by that I mean....the current Golf Wagon Comfortline costs around $25k, add a 5k - for AWD, Leather, etc and they have the right price for the Alltrack! That's exactly what I am hoping for - if it makes it to Canada.

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +30/-77
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 BMW 440i, 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sport
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2014, 03:40:03 pm »
We can only hope

VW:  Look what we have!  Oh, and North America, you can't have the nice things.