Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 2906655 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #2980 on: August 21, 2014, 09:09:09 pm »
Paired my phone with the car.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Spyrothedragon9972

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Mustang V6
« Reply #2981 on: August 21, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
I somehow managed to peel off part of my door bumper with a shopping cart.  I must have some kind of special talent that I didn't know about.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #2982 on: August 22, 2014, 11:37:56 am »
I somehow managed to peel off part of my door bumper with a shopping cart.  I must have some kind of special talent that I didn't know about.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #2983 on: August 22, 2014, 12:39:03 pm »
loaded up and ready for a weekend of camping.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2984 on: August 22, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »

Have a good time, weather looks quite decent.  I am going sailing, doubt will hit any speed records...

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #2985 on: August 22, 2014, 08:48:18 pm »

Have fun blotter.

Have a good time, weather looks quite decent.  I am going sailing, doubt will hit any speed records...

Sailing..... that sounds relaxing...... a friend's boat?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: August 22, 2014, 10:42:57 pm »

Have fun blotter.

Yeah my neighbors boat.  He bought a new sailboat this year.  Was worried the whole spring about selling the old one. But he did.  I always forget the name of the yacht club.  Think in it's Etobicoke.  He better not try and lose me this time.  He has a MB E350, and drives aggressive like I do, except I never do when I have kids in the car....

Northernridge

« Reply #2987 on: August 22, 2014, 10:47:02 pm »

Have fun blotter.

Yeah my neighbors boat.  He bought a new sailboat this year.  Was worried the whole spring about selling the old one. But he did.  I always forget the name of the yacht club.  Think in it's Etobicoke.  He better not try and lose me this time.  He has a MB E350, and drives aggressive like I do, except I never do when I have kids in the car....

I like that neighbour of yours for some reason...                                 ::)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:49:20 pm by Northernridge »

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: August 22, 2014, 10:48:08 pm »
First time I changed the oil on the Odyssey (myself) today.  Kind of like how there is the word "Oil Drain Plug" with an arrow next to it.. Was on pretty tight.  Needed a hammer.  And just for fun, I used the stock jack, easy access.  Used my own jack stands.  So is this spare for that matter, located on the left side compartment, vertically.  Don't need to take things out of the van if you get a flat.  All my lawn equipment stayed in. 

Offline craigq

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-9
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 17FozXT, 18MiragePOS
« Reply #2989 on: August 23, 2014, 07:33:34 am »
Sold the Yaris... back down to a two car family  :)

Offline RunsinLight

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford F150 XLT
« Reply #2990 on: August 23, 2014, 08:48:24 am »
Planning to clean my windshield (inside), the bottom part where it meets the dash. No idea how it gets so dirty here.  Can't imagine my air filter being clogged with it only being 8 months old.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:57:35 am by RunsinLight »

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: August 23, 2014, 10:36:30 am »

Have fun blotter.

I like that neighbour of yours for some reason...                                 ::)

Ever since staying at home with my daughter just over 3 years ago (and moving into this neighbourhood 4 years ago).  I have never lived in a better neighborhood.  When people walk by, we know their names, their kids names, and the name of their dog if they have one.  I have the keys to both neighbors on each side, and they have mine.  I work with the neighbor electrician a few doors down.  Anytime I cutting the grass, or working outside.  Do you want some wine, beer, or anything.  Then my wife calls me 2 hours later, where the heck are you!  Oops..   I have no one behind me, quiet street, park and school at the end of the street.  We could buy a bigger house, a little further away.  But this location is too important to us.  I would rather live in a smaller house, and be here.  Then save up, and move to the detached houses across the street.

My kids even get Christmas gifts from many of the neighbours! 

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #2992 on: August 23, 2014, 11:37:13 am »

Have fun blotter.

Ever since staying at home with my daughter just over 3 years ago (and moving into this neighbourhood 4 years ago).  I have never lived in a better neighborhood.  When people walk by, we know their names, their kids names, and the name of their dog if they have one.  I have the keys to both neighbors on each side, and they have mine.  I work with the neighbor electrician a few doors down.  Anytime I cutting the grass, or working outside.  Do you want some wine, beer, or anything.  Then my wife calls me 2 hours later, where the heck are you!  Oops..   I have no one behind me, quiet street, park and school at the end of the street.  We could buy a bigger house, a little further away.  But this location is too important to us.  I would rather live in a smaller house, and be here.  Then save up, and move to the detached houses across the street.

My kids even get Christmas gifts from many of the neighbours!

Great to hear and the same thing with us. When we first moved in we were invited to a few parties and got to know everybody quickly.

Online Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #2993 on: August 25, 2014, 08:51:42 am »
Spent most of the weekend sluggin away on the Spitfire. More body work, everything is now smoothed out and in fresh primer. Plus did oil changes in the gearbox and engine.

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #2994 on: August 25, 2014, 09:39:07 am »
I picked up my Miata from the body shop last Friday.  I finally got around to having the hit-and-run damage from a year ago fixed, along with the front bumper repair from when that woman backed into me (the good news is she stepped up and paid for the fix).

But it looks like I'll be heading back to the body shop again.  My wife's X-Trail got rear ended last night.  She was hit by a Civic which itself had been hit by a Mercedes, so hard it rammed into the X-Trail.  Bloody hell.

At least my wife and daughters didn't get hurt.
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #2995 on: August 26, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »
felt something odd on my jeep when i shut the door... took a look and that paint flaw had come back!! must be something down in the metal that is seeping out... no idea if anyone else has an idea, but the body shop didn't know what the hell it was either...

awesome.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2996 on: August 26, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »
felt something odd on my jeep when i shut the door... took a look and that paint flaw had come back!! must be something down in the metal that is seeping out... no idea if anyone else has an idea, but the body shop didn't know what the hell it was either...

awesome.

Could be something as stupid as permanent marker, corrosion inhibitor or something oily on the metal. Only way to cure it, strip to metal, clean the are well and repaint.
Lighten up Francis.....

Online Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #2997 on: August 26, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »
I'd be telling them to get a me new door....With my luck a repaint would only last as long as the warranty/dealer goodwill that's covering it.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2998 on: August 26, 2014, 04:07:43 pm »
I'd be telling them to get a me new door....With my luck a repaint would only last as long as the warranty/dealer goodwill that's covering it.

T45 Torx bit and go by a dealer late at night..... ;D  ;)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #2999 on: August 26, 2014, 04:34:34 pm »
Drove it today.....like... I have only put 200k on this month. Lucky bastard whoever buys it in a few years.