Author Topic: First Drive: 2014 Mazda6  (Read 21972 times)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: First Drive: 2014 Mazda6
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2013, 02:31:36 pm »
So where is the Wagon & Hatchback?  Not all of us want to be stuck in an SUV /CUV if we want to carry anything now and again. Wagons are the best of both worlds. Good handling and cargo space. Are we really that worried about the negative image of being seen driving a station wagon?  Oh, and what about towing capacity. Towing was not recommended for the original Mazda 6 wagon with the V6.

The last wagon and hatchback did ok in Canada but the take rate for those models in the U.S. was abysmal. Mazda probably wants to sell potential wagon buyers the CX-5.

As for towing, that's the case for most cars I think. My dad has towed a small trailer several times with his first gen 6 without issue though.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2013, 05:31:02 pm »
So where is the Wagon & Hatchback?  Not all of us want to be stuck in an SUV /CUV if we want to carry anything now and again. Wagons are the best of both worlds. Good handling and cargo space. Are we really that worried about the negative image of being seen driving a station wagon?  Oh, and what about towing capacity. Towing was not recommended for the original Mazda 6 wagon with the V6.
I'd love to see the wagon variant but people seem to ignore it when it's available. Particularly in the US. In Canada I still see lots of the Mazda6 Wagons kicking around. The only thing that I have to say fortunately about any of this is that at least the CX-5 is both good handling and good fuel economy at a level similar to the new Mazda6. So Mazda probably has enough of a business case to sell them CX-5s that we'll never see the wagon 6... which is a shame but typical of North American car market and Mazda is probably not selling enough volume to go with a Canada only model. I don't think anyways...

Offline sbtatter

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Acura, Ford,
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:19 am »
I want the wagon or hatchback version please Mazda! Saw 2 6's on the dealers lot last night, they are beautiful, I think the car even looks better in person than the gorgeous Fusion. The Accord is the top vehicle for me in this category, be interested to see how the Mazda compares. I wish this class of vehicle was available with a h/b or wagon version, instead of having to step to the cuv for the space. Mazda 6 used to have a lovely h/b model a couple series ago....

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: Re: First Drive: 2014 Mazda6
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »
Julie, have you no mercy.  Everytime I see your face the wagon I cry....We need a website, where the thousands of people who want the wagon, can add their two cents, and their might be a chance Canada could eventually get one.

Create a Facebook page

Well here you go: 

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Mazda6WagonForCanadaTheUsa?fref=ts

I was told to find a facebook page that supports that wagon coming to Canada.  Please "like" this page, and past the word, getting your friends to like it as well, even if you don't want a wagon.  It's the principal of having choices...