Author Topic: Used Vehicle Review: Toyota RAV4, 2006-2012  (Read 12602 times)

Offline drederick

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Used Vehicle Review: Toyota RAV4, 2006-2012
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

Btw, JACK, Toyota will replace all those V6 leaky oil lines regardless of time or mileage on any affected V6 Toyota.   You think the D3 would do that?  :rofl2:

Toyota Dealer: yes sir - the lines that failed are warranted forever - we will replace them right away for you no charge at all!
Artic: ok - thank you VERY much what great service!
Toyota Dealer: one issue though, do we hook the new lines up to the blown engine or did you want to pay us for a replacement......

blah blah blah Toyota blah blah blah I feel your pain; you've got a GM, it's worth squat and you owe on it. 

Dude, if the displacment is EXACT, it's not "all new".  The intake is different, the VVT is now on both sets of valves  In the automotive world "all new" often means somewhat different

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Used Vehicle Review: Toyota RAV4, 2006-2012
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 06:30:55 pm »
Really, Steve, yes. That thread's brand new. Might lead to more occurrences of the same; might not. Time will tell. There are a lot more Toyotas on the road than yours and Snowman's.

Might or might not?!? Great data you are using for your reviews. I thought you have moved on to other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 09:33:24 pm »

Btw, JACK, Toyota will replace all those V6 leaky oil lines regardless of time or mileage on any affected V6 Toyota.   You think the D3 would do that?  :rofl2:

Toyota Dealer: yes sir - the lines that failed are warranted forever - we will replace them right away for you no charge at all!
Artic: ok - thank you VERY much what great service!
Toyota Dealer: one issue though, do we hook the new lines up to the blown engine or did you want to pay us for a replacement......

You're back, I thought they gave you the boot.   How's the Alero running?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:35:13 pm by ArticSteve »

Offline SapphireSeo

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-4
    • View Profile
    • Standard Transmission
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 11:43:12 pm »
Sounds like a great all season vehicle, even with a couple of easily repaired problems. Good power out of the V6, roomy and I am one of the weird ones that think thats the perfect place for a spare tire. You try removing a spare from underneath a car when the undercarriage is covered in mud/ice, its really cold, or the snow is really deep.

Agreed. Also, if I were buying an SUV of any kind, having the iconic spare on the rear would be essential to me... it makes me feel more manly.

On the whole, this article was eye opening for me. I'm the sort to get caught up in brand identity; pointing out that toyotas break down because they are just machines is some common sense that toyota would have preferred I'd never realized. I wonder, what are the factors that lead to one seeing a 20+ year old car drive happily down the road? Does toyota really have the most durable components, or is it the habits and demeanor of the toyota buyer that allows the cars to live such long lives?

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:24 am »
Really, Steve, yes. That thread's brand new. Might lead to more occurrences of the same; might not. Time will tell. There are a lot more Toyotas on the road than yours and Snowman's.

Might or might not?!? Great data you are using for your reviews. I thought you have moved on to other things.

I have moved on to other things. Actually, the same things, only for a different publication. I check back here for my daily dose of Toyota fanboyism.
I used to work here.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:27 am »

I have moved on to other things. Actually, the same things, only for a different publication. I check back here for my daily dose of Toyota fanboyism.

Toyota Fans??  This Site???  C'mon ;D

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:46 am »

Did not answer the question but good luck in the quest to discredit Toyota in your new things. No need to drop by here, we will be just fine  :hello:

Edit: For the record I am a Subaru Fanboy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:45:49 am by Snowman »

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 12:55:51 pm »

Did not answer the question but good luck in the quest to discredit Toyota in your new things. No need to drop by here, we will be just fine  :hello:

Except when you're talking up Toyota.

I have no desire to discredit Toyota, and I never have. In fact, I've defended the company against accusations of "unintended acceleration" in several reviews.

I guess everyone's definition of "just fine" is a bit different, right?  ;)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:43 pm »

Except when you're talking up Toyota.

I have no desire to discredit Toyota, and I never have. In fact, I've defended the company against accusations of "unintended acceleration" in several reviews.

I guess everyone's definition of "just fine" is a bit different, right?  ;)

You forgot Honda.   :nono:  Anyways... have fun wherever you are headed....we keep the new batch of journalists on the straight and narrow  :)