Author Topic: Used Vehicle Review: Volvo XC70, 2008-2012  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Used Vehicle Review: Volvo XC70, 2008-2012
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:04:24 am »

The Volvo XC70 appears to be a solid vehicle mechanically, but suffers from electrical troubles.

Read More...

Offline jipsi

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • jipsi
Re: Used Vehicle Review: Volvo XC70, 2008-2012
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:36:27 pm »
Its funny that you mentioned the Volkswagen vs. Volvo argument/comparison. My father recently purchased a new XC70, this being his sixth new Volvo over the past 20 or so years. I fondly remember his Green on Beige 850 Turbo as my weekend ride. I can't recall him ever having a problem with any of his fleet over the years. I myself have had multiple V-Dubs, everything from a Westfalia to GTI's and not once did I have a problem either. I realize we may be in the minority here so I'll just consider myself and my father lucky. Now my mothers car history has been the polar opposite of ours. She's had everything from Audi to MB and for the most part has had nothing but problems, her current MB notwithstanding. Overall I have no regrets with my car ownership history. I love Volvo and I love Volkswagen and still have a soft spot for Audi. My Uncle has had two S8's with the V10's, man those cars are pure blissful insanity on four wheels. 

Offline ecidloc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mitsubishi RVR
Re: Used Vehicle Review: Volvo XC70, 2008-2012
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:07:23 am »
Its funny that you mentioned the Volkswagen vs. Volvo argument/comparison. My father recently purchased a new XC70, this being his sixth new Volvo over the past 20 or so years. I fondly remember his Green on Beige 850 Turbo as my weekend ride. I can't recall him ever having a problem with any of his fleet over the years. I myself have had multiple V-Dubs, everything from a Westfalia to GTI's and not once did I have a problem either. I realize we may be in the minority here so I'll just consider myself and my father lucky. Now my mothers car history has been the polar opposite of ours. She's had everything from Audi to MB and for the most part has had nothing but problems, her current MB notwithstanding. Overall I have no regrets with my car ownership history. I love Volvo and I love Volkswagen and still have a soft spot for Audi. My Uncle has had two S8's with the V10's, man those cars are pure blissful insanity on four wheels.

Ha, here is the majority example of poor reliability.  My father's VW is less than 5 years and it goes to the repair shops every single month for electrical glitches and other minor stuff. He is out of patience and finally decided to go for Japanese.  I love both VW and Volvo, especially Volvo for their uniqueness to the German rivals, I truly hope that they are working to improve the reliability ratings....