Author Topic: Test Drive: 2013 Acura ILX Dynamic  (Read 12856 times)

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Acura ILX Dynamic
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 10:16:14 pm »
Had this as a loaner a few times (though admittedly the 2.0 with autobox) and while it wasn't bad overall, it wasn't anything special. Stuck between a loaded Civic and a 4cyl Accord Touring I find it hard to argue a case for it.

The ILX felt like the fanciest Civic money could buy.

The styling isn't bad at least (IMHO).
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2014, 10:55:20 pm »
I dunno. I never cared for the feel of Honda shifters. The gates and throws were fine, but they always felt too light and fragile. I like more mechanical feedback.

Go drive the S4 manual. I have a feeling you'd like it. the precision of a the Honda, with the notchiness and mechanical feeling of the MX-5.

The local VW/Audi dealer just relocated to a new place a couple of blocks from my house! Easy walk home from warranty work! ;D

I didn't say go buy it, just drive it and let us know what you think. Then you will buy it!  ;D

I give the FGC owners the business, but Audi has really turned around their reliability scores. S4 would be rich for me, but lesser VWs wouldn't necessarily be beyond the pale.

And if the experience turned sour, I'd have lots of grist for the moan and whine thread.  ;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 10:46:27 am »
In these days of every tested coming in over $60,000, I don't think the $53k MSRP S4 is 'too rich' at all.  It remains my benchmark of "holy crap I want that car."

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +119/-153
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
  • Cars: 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T; 2001 VW GTI VR6
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »
I dunno. I never cared for the feel of Honda shifters. The gates and throws were fine, but they always felt too light and fragile. I like more mechanical feedback.

Go drive the S4 manual. I have a feeling you'd like it. the precision of a the Honda, with the notchiness and mechanical feeling of the MX-5.

The local VW/Audi dealer just relocated to a new place a couple of blocks from my house! Easy walk home from warranty work! ;D

I didn't say go buy it, just drive it and let us know what you think. Then you will buy it!  ;D

I give the FGC owners the business, but Audi has really turned around their reliability scores. S4 would be rich for me, but lesser VWs wouldn't necessarily be beyond the pale.

And if the experience turned sour, I'd have lots of grist for the moan and whine thread.  ;D

So instead of thinking of it as a depreciating asset, it would be an investment!
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
                                                        –Walt Whitman

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-401
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 12:54:32 am »

Everybody needs a manual S4.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks