Author Topic: Four New TDIs Ready to Debut  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Four New TDIs Ready to Debut
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:39:39 am »

Audi of America announces the arrival of the new TDI clean diesel models for the Audi A8, A7, A6 and Q5 to debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Read More...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Four New TDIs Ready to Debut
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 09:55:57 am »
Audi of America announces the arrival of the new TDI clean diesel models for the Audi A8, A7, A6 and Q5 to debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The addition of these four models marks the first time Audi will feature a full lineup of TDI clean diesel vehicles in the U.S. and Canada as they join the updated Q7 model.

SO that leaves only the A4 line without a TDi engine then? Have to admit an allroad TDi would be pretty cool to me.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05:21 am »
It all comes down to price differential. How much more is justifiable for the diesel option I.M.O.. I don't see why we have to pay 4 to 5 times more than they do in Europe for the diesel option here in N.A.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Nukester99

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Civic and M3 Roadster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:06 am »
How about a TDI in the Tiguan? I am in the market for such a vehicle and I am committed to buy soon. It looks like the GLK 250 Bluetec or the BMW 320D wagon will be first around in Canada. I would be willing to pay the premium for more torque and much better fuel economy. I need the space in a small CUV or wagon provides so while the Passat TDI is tempting, it doesn't match my needs. The Golf (Jetta) TDI is too small. I do agree that a TDI A4 Allroad would be perfect.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:55:55 am »
I note that the UK version of the Tig are all TDI and DSG.  Here they don't sell any TIG with TDI or DSG.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:58:06 am »
I note that the UK version of the Tig are all TDI and DSG.  Here they don't sell any TIG with TDI or DSG.

TDI and DSG sounds like a perfect match for those who have to commute in traffic. I second that request.