Author Topic: Used Vehicle Review: Honda CR-V, 2007-2011  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +80/-390
    • View Profile
Used Vehicle Review: Honda CR-V, 2007-2011
« on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:05 am »

Consumer Reports loves the CR-V to death, but that doesn't mean this popular crossover is totally trouble-free.

Read More...

Offline dragonfly

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +17/-66
    • View Profile
Re: Used Vehicle Review: Honda CR-V, 2007-2011
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »
 I guess it doesn't...According to many people, the 3,000 dollars to replace the rear diff and ac compressor doesn't constitute "trouble free".
  6,000 dollars in repairs would change my mind fast...All that and the car is intrinsically ugly..

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-13
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport, 2010 Cadillac CTS4 3.6L DI
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14:37 pm »
I rode in the back seat of a coworker's recent CRV (2010) and I found it to be extremely noisy, a common characteristic of Honda vehicles. Late model reviews seems to indicate Honda at last is starting to address this problem, no doubt feeling pressured by the competition.

I know, it unlikely to be a determining factor for the vehicle customer base; kids won't care and it is not an issue when driving in the city. But it might be a deterrent to purchasing one for someone who does a lot of highway driving.

I find the CRV to be one of the best, if not the best, utility designs (space utilization) in the compact SUV class.

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-25
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »
I rode in the back seat of a coworker's recent CRV (2010) and I found it to be extremely noisy, a common characteristic of Honda vehicles. Late model reviews seems to indicate Honda at last is starting to address this problem, no doubt feeling pressured by the competition.

I know, it unlikely to be a determining factor for the vehicle customer base; kids won't care and it is not an issue when driving in the city. But it might be a deterrent to purchasing one for someone who does a lot of highway driving.

I find the CRV to be one of the best, if not the best, utility designs (space utilization) in the compact SUV class.

The new CR-V is noisy too, but just how noisy is only noticeable if you drive it back-to-back with, say, the Santa Fe.
I used to work here.