Author Topic: Test Drive: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R  (Read 14681 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Test Drive: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 06:16:14 am »
And from VW.ca:

"Making its North American debut in a Golf, 4MOTION® all-wheel drive uses a Torsen differential to instantly react to wheel slippage, adjusting power to each individual wheel accordingly, and giving you total control over the road in any conditions."

And from VW.com:
Under "Golf R"-> "Trim and Specs"->"Technical Data"

"Drive train   : 4Motion® permanent all-wheel-drive system with Haldex® center differential"

I bet VW.ca marketing writers screwed up. I trust .com more then .ca, cause .ca usually cares about number of cup holders in the car then things like engines or transmission type... but I could be wrong.

Our VW rep confirmed that it is indeed Haldex, so +1 to VWguest - nice catch! thanks for chiming in on that.

we'll see how long it takes them to fix VW.ca

i must have pored over the C&D and MT drives dozens of times, and it didn't stand out, but now it just jumps off the page...
You did not believe me when I said it so It is good that the VW rep confirmed it.  ;)

The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 10:08:05 am »
Well, I will apologize, but honestly, in your post, it wasn't clear what was going on.  It seemed that all .ca extensions are not to be trusted vs. .com.  This seemed ridiculous to me.

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +119/-153
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
  • Cars: 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T; 2001 VW GTI VR6
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »
And from VW.ca:

"Making its North American debut in a Golf, 4MOTION® all-wheel drive uses a Torsen differential to instantly react to wheel slippage, adjusting power to each individual wheel accordingly, and giving you total control over the road in any conditions."

And from VW.com:
Under "Golf R"-> "Trim and Specs"->"Technical Data"

"Drive train   : 4Motion® permanent all-wheel-drive system with Haldex® center differential"

I bet VW.ca marketing writers screwed up. I trust .com more then .ca, cause .ca usually cares about number of cup holders in the car then things like engines or transmission type... but I could be wrong.

Our VW rep confirmed that it is indeed Haldex, so +1 to VWguest - nice catch! thanks for chiming in on that.

we'll see how long it takes them to fix VW.ca

i must have pored over the C&D and MT drives dozens of times, and it didn't stand out, but now it just jumps off the page...
You did not believe me when I said it so It is good that the VW rep confirmed it.  ;)

It's not about belief, it's attention span-I can hardly keep track of who is correcting me where all the time...

Thank you too!
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
                                                        –Walt Whitman