Author Topic: Preview: 2013 Ford Fusion  (Read 14317 times)

Offline sacrat

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +21/-64
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford Escape Titanium; 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD;2014 Hyundai Elantra GL ; 2012 Infiniti G37X
Re: Preview: 2013 Ford Fusion
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 12:47:31 am »
Everyone always talkes about tuning their car - how many people actually have modded their car on here?

I put premium gas in mine - does that count??  ;D

My 4 banger Sonata started feeling too frisky, so I modded it by using crappy no name gas to slow it down  :D 
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 01:23:54 pm »
....so the Pre Detonation is just a water feature ::) :P ;D..... :think: :nono: :cheers:....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Oldsguy

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +70/-953
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »
I'm not doing this to be deliberately contrary, but I am not crazy about the looks either inside or out. I'll wait until I see one in the flesh before passing the final verdict. I just don't care for the design theme, which seems disjointed and not very elegant. The same holds true for my opinion of the overdone Sonata. The Optima, OTOH, is a good example of well-integrated exterior design.
Since October 2015 the Junior PM has been in office.  Record mega-Billion deficits as he p*sses away our future.  An economy gutted. Stinky POTHEADS rejoice. We are going down the drain.

Offline Car Guy

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 Volvo S60 R-Design. Previous Vehicles: 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe, 2004 Audi A4 1.8T, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 Subaru Legacy, 2001 Oldsmobile Alero (Ack!), 1991 Chevy Cavalier, 1983 Mustang GT
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 10:38:03 pm »
Has anyone heard of a future Fusion ST version with more power than the 2.0 Ecoboost?  I'm hoping that Ford brings out an ST version sooner rather than later.  And has anyone else heard details on the AWD system?  I read on another site that the AWD system had been "sport tuned".  And on another site they said that it would be a rear biased AWD system.  TWO VERY BIG THUMBS UP TO FORD IF THAT IS THE CASE!!  I can tell you right now that if the AWD system IS a 60/40 (rear/front) system AND they come out with an ST version with a bit more power (280 - 300hp) then I will be all over this car.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 11:02:11 am »
Has anyone heard of a future Fusion ST version with more power than the 2.0 Ecoboost?  I'm hoping that Ford brings out an ST version sooner rather than later.  And has anyone else heard details on the AWD system?  I read on another site that the AWD system had been "sport tuned".  And on another site they said that it would be a rear biased AWD system.  TWO VERY BIG THUMBS UP TO FORD IF THAT IS THE CASE!!  I can tell you right now that if the AWD system IS a 60/40 (rear/front) system AND they come out with an ST version with a bit more power (280 - 300hp) then I will be all over this car.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

Ford apparently flashed a pic of a "special" Fusion during a press conference background without talking about it, a little like they did with the 2013 MKZ. I think the Fusion Sport take rate is high enough that Ford will eventually release a sportier model.

I haven't seen anything about the AWD system (obviously something that interests me a lot). I would speculate it will be similar to the new Escape which is supposed to be an especially pro-active AWD system. I must say I am pleased with the current Fusion AWD system (no front wheel spin and no torque steer) although it is not nearly as entertaining to drive at the Mazdaspeed6 was.

The main culprit is with the stability control that cannot be turned off. So if the new Fusion does not have a full sport mode or cannot be turned off, i believe even a rear bias AWD system may not meet all your expectations. I haven't had the pleasure of driving the CTS in the snow (just got it a couple of weeks ago) yet but i expect it to me much more fun to drive than the Fusion (RWD biased system + defeatable stability control).