Author Topic: Test Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Touring sedan  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Touring sedan
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:02:09 am »

Though it offers better fuel economy and adequate performance, the new all-wheel drive Impreza is noisy.

Read More...

Offline JohnM

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +70/-99
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Touring sedan
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:42:43 am »
So Subaru is trying but not quite there yet in terms of NVH.  Too bad but not necessarily a tough problem.  One would think they could fix it fairly quickly.

The fuel efficiency is certainly a big improvement and I'm sure it will be better once the cars get past the 5,000km mark.

What does the Impreza turn at 100km/hr?

Cheers,
John M.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:17:22 am »
I just returned a 2012 5-door Sport with the 5-speed manual.  I also noticed increase noise.  The lack of sound deadening under the hood could be one culprit.  since I like the Boxer rumble it wasn't a big deal to me.  I could see some finding it annoying though

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:42:42 am »
When I first saw the image on the home page I thought it was a focus sedan!

Subaru should've sent the press cars later when there is more snow when the AWD with snow tires would really shine. I see though the article factors AWD out of the equation and does a good job of comparing.

Agreed they really need to have some unification on styling.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 11:51:12 am »
...c'mon Subie AWW WHEEL DRIVE "Fanbois".....one  letter short of a STRAWBERRY :P :P :P............yer cars are overweighty ( a name of a Brit Grocery store !!) dealerships look like POST HIROSHIMA mega suki ;),prices too high and now U are reducing HP...........and talk about Fugly looking vehicles..................time fer a GM rescue....... :stick: :light: >:D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 12:00:12 pm »
Subaru is not a mainstream car manufacture and they should not try to dilute their cars to appease the general masses. People who don't recognized the benefits of AWD along with industry leading reliability and safety will not spend the extra grand or two.

And please don't go down the CVT road.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 12:14:29 pm »
...seems SNOWBALLS... gets it..............He's going TOYHONDA..san :stick: :light: :shuffle:....I hear he has thoughts that are "GERMAINE".... ;D...................a BIG ASS BEETLE in his foot ure............ :P

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »
What I like about the Impreza is the AWD, hatch offering, the relatively light weight, the excellent value/price, and dealerships that are willing to haggle on price big time so that price is even better.

What I don't like is the reduction in power (I'm looking through that 'comparable acceleration' spin), CVT, and the "to be or not to be" exterior.

They don't need a GM rescue, they need a Schreyer rescue.

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 03:03:15 pm »
I haven't driven the Impreza, but have the Legacy with the CVT, which might be a bit better than Nissan's and certainly better than Mitsu's.  However, I still have to say that I hope CVT never becomes the norm for all manufacturers.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 04:24:45 pm »
maybe i am in the minority here, but i actually like the new looks sedan/hatch...i sat in one (declined to drive as i didn't want to waste the salesman's time) and it was comfortable, had good visibility and i liked how the controls could be easily used with gloves on...my only "beef" (again, not from a driving point) was it felt really low to the ground (reminiscent of a Prelude where it felt like you were almost on the floor)...of course, that may have been partly due to the fact i was sitting in a Forester just prior, so maybe that is why it felt so low...i'm not sure how low the Impreza really is, perhaps it is likely similar to what most cars are anyway...all in all, i really like this car...sure, it might be down on power, and perhaps a little noisy because of its CVT, but i would imagine to most buyers (mass public) who simply get in, start it, and drive to work, get groceries and take their kids places, the noise factor might not even come up (or even be noticeable)...i really do like the Forester, but i just can't convince my wife to give it a look (she just doesn't "trust" Subaru because it isn't a mainstream brand she has heard of).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:01:34 am »
Anyone else hear the new Impreza ad on the radio: 51mpg!!!    :o ??? :-[