Author Topic: Maxtrek Tires....any good? (Winter Tires)  (Read 25506 times)

Offline kuliddar

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Maxtrek Tires....any good? (Winter Tires)
« on: October 09, 2009, 07:00:15 pm »
Good evening all,

I was in the mall this afternoon and there was a special tire expo showing off different winter tires. I spoke to a rep of one of the stores and after asking him more info on Toyo tires he told me to look at Maxtrek Wot 18 as its 50/50 for ice and snow which is kinda what I'm looking for, for the winters in Qc.

What I know, it's a chinese company (maxtrek.com) but the price is 160$ less than getting the Toyo tires. At first glance it looks well gripped and all but I would like to know if there are any users that had these tires in the currently or in the past and tell me if it a decent tire.

Thanks for the info!

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +47/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 GTI; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
Re: Maxtrek Tires....any good? (Winter Tires)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:47:33 pm »
It seems like they're new, so I doubt you'll find any user reviews anywhere.

Just from looking at their website, I would be very, very surprised if these tires were anything but horrible. Oh sure, I suppose there's a small chance that a two-year-old tire maker (established in 2007) with a "20,000m2 R&D centre in Guangdong province" (which is in the tropics, BTW) might stumble onto the formula for making a decent winter tire, but I highly doubt it.

For a measly $160 savings, I sure wouldn't volunteer to be the first Canadian guinea pig to try these out. There's plenty of other inexpensive, quality winter tires out there if you want save a few bucks. General Altimax Artic, Firestone Winterforce and Goodyear Nordic are a few that come to mind, but I'm sure there are others.

Offline weebl

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:45:59 pm »
What I know, it's a chinese company (maxtrek.com)

Deal-breaker right there.  Not worth the potential safety compromise.  Google Chinese tires and see what I mean.
Suck, squeeze, bang, blow - who wouldn't love the internal combustion engine?  ;D

Offline chris cms

• Noob
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bmw 325
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »
I have these MaxTrek all season Atrezzo tires on my 325 BMW (225 - 40 - 18)  They run great. I was surprised at how quiet they are.  I have put about 1000 kms on em so far and I have no complaints. Good tire in dry and handle the wet very well too.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-61
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Tech; DIY E-bike
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:08 pm »
Wot is the recommended pressure fer those "Maxtrek Wot 18"   ;) :rofl2:

Buying unknown Chinese tires is like sewing your own seat belts because the real ones are too expensive.