Author Topic: CD Article: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S sedan  (Read 6169 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
CD Article: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S sedan
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:16:47 pm »
Test Drive:
2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S sedan

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S sedanThe new Nissan Versa sedan is "the roomiest car in its price class," says contributor Laurance Yap, and has a "big" trunk too. The ride is "among the best in its class", but handling is "less eager" than a Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit, he reports.  It's the only car in its class available with a six-speed manual transmission, he notes.

More...

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
Re: CD Article: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S sedan
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:13:19 am »
Good review. I like that they made it boxy so as not to compromise roominess.

Compact affordable Buick is why it's going to sell. Huge seats, compliant ride, room, and low price. Plus lots of equipment (Bluetooth, audio, sunroof, etc) choice.

The centre dash could be rounded on the edges so it doesn't stick out and hit my knee like it does, but really can't knock it otherwise.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:29:43 am »
Great write-up.  I am really impressed with the hatchback version of this vehicle.  The sedan looks a bit too square and upright to my eye.  The people space inside the hatchback is really startling, given the modest external dimensions.  I am sure the Honda Fit drives well, but parked beside the Versa it looks like a toy car.  Nissan should have no problem moving these things.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

UmroAyyar

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:37:00 am »
Versa is the most versatile of all the small hatcbacks in the market. Perfect even for a small family. Would prefer this over Sentra at all costs.

(I just "needed" a bigger car.  :P )

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 10:48:15 am »
We did not consider the versa sedan.   But the hatch certainly was a very nice car, spoiled for my wife because of the very noisy, intrusive ABS ( she tested it on an icy -19 day) and worst, the ring around the gear lever that has to be lifted to get into reverse. This is a problem with arthritis 'cos it is just finger movement.  We were not considering an automatic... and if we had been it would have been the CVT.
 I thought that a bit more thought could have been applied to the back seat folding in the hatch, that is, tip up the cushions and then lie the backs down. Does not apply to the sedan of course.

Size wise we'd compare it to the Rabbit rather than the Fit.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

dorin

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 02:26:03 pm »
Like many of his generation - he's 22 and working in the financial-services industry - he doesn't really want to compromise. On his list of requirements are an automatic transmission (the 2003 Honda Civic he drives now has a great manual but he insists it's too much work), lots of room, a quiet cabin and decent performance for a bargain-basement price. That, plus he absolutely does not want a hatchback.

That comment makes me really really sad about people in their early 20's.  :(

Thinking that manual transmissions are "too much work" ::) and absolutely not wanting a hatchback sounds like the stereotypical old person driver not someone in their early 20's.

There really is no hope for having more true driving enthusiasts with young drivers like that out there...   :-\ :'(

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 03:09:59 pm »
But the hatch certainly was a very nice car, spoiled for my wife because of the very noisy, intrusive ABS ( she tested it on an icy -19 day)

I noticed the noisy ABS in the snow on my parents car when they got it as well. Swapped the OEM's for Nokian WR's right away and the ABS hardly activates any more.

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:37:40 pm »
Like many of his generation - he's 22 and working in the financial-services industry - he doesn't really want to compromise. On his list of requirements are an automatic transmission (the 2003 Honda Civic he drives now has a great manual but he insists it's too much work), lots of room, a quiet cabin and decent performance for a bargain-basement price. That, plus he absolutely does not want a hatchback.

That comment makes me really really sad about people in their early 20's.  :(

Thinking that manual transmissions are "too much work" ::) and absolutely not wanting a hatchback sounds like the stereotypical old person driver not someone in their early 20's.

There really is no hope for having more true driving enthusiasts with young drivers like that out there...   :-\ :'(
The future is not in good hands, if this is the case.....  :(
JWW