Author Topic: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work  (Read 974095 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2080 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:44 am »
Big, macho, lifted, rig rocket with stacks......that couldn't go anywhere as he was in the ditch and had no front driveshaft...the Mitsu did not stand a chance pulling out the rig rocketeer so I left him in said ditch. Asked why no front driveshaft, "man, I just spent over $70k on the truck, about $12k on the lift and wheels and tires....I can't afford the custom driveshaft till next pay"  ::) Le sigh......
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #2081 on: November 15, 2014, 09:41:43 am »
if you have to go paycheque to paycheque for that stuff, then don't do it! you are so much better off putting the money into something smart... but i guess that is 100% their choice...

as others have mentioned, the early cold weather drivers... man.. they actually adjust their habits in order to make it more dangerous... this morning on my hilly, curvy part of the drive i was behind a little mazda. light snow coverage, slippery roads and they were driving at such odd, fluctuating speeds and coming to almost stops around all corners. at one point, on a steep uphill grade, they were at a stop (so they didn't slide out i guess) and then couldn't get going again with their bad tires...

and i'm sure they are thinking, "good thing i slowed down so much or i would have lost it! i'm such a good driver!"...
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #2082 on: November 20, 2014, 03:19:58 pm »
my windy, hilly road on the way in was quite slippery... no big deal. construction going on.. i guess a tree was dangerous, so they were taking it down. meant one side of the road was blocked with big trucks and chippers... sign guy has us stopped... gets on the radio.. switches it over to slow... both myself and the golf in front of me were stick shift, so getting our gears and speed up to make it up a slick section beside the trucks..... a fricken mail truck and pick up come down the hill right at us in our lane!

guy on the other end forgot to switch his sign!!! so close to four cars all getting in an accident, be we all barely missed each other....

got my heart going this morning...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2083 on: November 25, 2014, 05:36:16 pm »
This happened twice today on my drive to London.

Driving down 403 and car in front brakes as there is a cop sitting in the medium. Wonder if they realize that by time you see the cop they have already seen you and have already recorded your speed.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 25, 2014, 06:27:20 pm »
Median.... Vs medium

Just saving Helidriver and tpl the trouble.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 25, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »
Driving down one of the busier feeder roads in town the other day, I was in the outside lane when some guy in an Infiniti SUV in the inside lane not even a half car length ahead signalled right and instantly swerved in front of me. The next instant he dodged LEFT across three lanes of traffic into a side street.

Not long after my heart rate dropped back to normal, a Yellow taxi ran a stop sign and came within inches of t-boning me. The cabby shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'who the fack put that stop sign there?' His oblivious passenger didn't even seem to notice.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2086 on: November 25, 2014, 08:06:34 pm »
Median.... Vs medium

Just saving Helidriver and tpl the trouble.

Thanks! And windy is when your hair gets all messed up. :)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2087 on: November 25, 2014, 08:10:28 pm »
Myself. Did not notice the green left turn light and then floored it when it already turned yellow. Ppl behind me - SORRY.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #2088 on: November 26, 2014, 12:51:50 am »
Driving along in the centre lane on a road where there are three lanes going in one direction. I was in a bright red A3, and a fellow in a black Elantra decided to swerve into my lane without signalling or indicating in any way. I laid on the horn and was able to quickly check my blind spot and dart into the right lane. Guy then pulls up beside me honking and flipping me the bird.

Go figure.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline stargazer68

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 26, 2014, 02:48:33 pm »
The fact that the pickup truck was overtaking a car in the lane to your left doesn't change anything, as you shouldn't have turned until the road you're entering was clear.

Unless I misunderstood the situation you're trying to describe...

the road WAS clear.  As mentioned, it was clear enough to safely pull out as anyone would.  (not having to speed out or anything)...   And actually the fact that I pull out easier helped in being able to just move over and wait when I seen this truck wasn't backing off.

As soon as I was straight and in my lane, the truck whipped out from behind the lead car. 
I can assume HE didn't look to see someone at the intersection and was only busy looking for the ealiest time to pass as he pulled out like a mad man.

Isn't passing at an intersection illegal?  I assume this wasn't a multi-lane road, but even if it is, the oncoming traffic has no business on the opposing traffic's side.
Still, you did the right thing by making room for him.  Even if you survived a head-on with a pickup, he probably had minimal insurance, if any.

Offline stargazer68

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 26, 2014, 02:53:33 pm »
Was in a crowded grocery-store parking lot, driving down the row to leave. Got to the end, looked both ways, saw nobody so made my left turn (not onto a main road, still in the parking lot.)

Just as I pull out, an Xterra comes screaming around the corner from my left, heading right for me. The woman driving slams on the brakes and gives me the stink eye as I finish my turn. And I made sure to take my time finishing my turn. :)

FFS, lady, you're in a grocery store parking lot and I didn't see any orange cones to indicate there was an autocross going on. You should be driving fifteen km/h, not fifty.  ::)

Similar situation:  I walked out the door of the neighbourhood Safeway, where there is a large brick-faced post between the doors and the pkg lot.  As I cleared the post, an Audi swept past me at about 50 and stopped down the curb to let his girlfriend/wife off.  If I had been a step ahead,he would have got me, with fresh snow packed on the road (without sand). People drive in shopping centres like they are part of the main roads, with no consideration to the possibility of pedestrians.
Try some of the Asian mall parking lots around Markham and Richmond Hill  for a real thrill
o
Yeah, been there in a snowstorm.  One of the many reasons I live out west...

Offline stargazer68

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:18 pm »
Myself. Did not notice the green left turn light and then floored it when it already turned yellow. Ppl behind me - SORRY.

I believe this is known as the "Axel Foley Maneuver." (First - and best - movie)

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #2092 on: November 28, 2014, 09:13:47 am »
driving down a rural road to work.
80km/h limit

cop driving in front of me, we're both doing about 88km/h

there's a van on the left side of the road playing with a mail box (van facing our direction)

cop drives by, van signals and jumps right in front of me. there's maybe the space of two vehicles between us.
in a sense lucky he signaled because I eased off but still didn't think he jump in front of an 80km/h moving truck.

As soon as he pulled in front of me, the cop pulled over.   I left a little distance hoping the cop was going to pull him over.   For a second it looked like he was, but then the cop hesitated and I drove by.
 :-\

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 28, 2014, 06:50:05 pm »
I see this every winter without fail, vehicles coming down from Silver Star ski hill covered with 6 + inches of snow, not even the windshield cleared. The one I saw a couple of days ago was noticeably weighed down with wet snow and only had one working windshield wiper. Un-facking-believable how lazy some people are.  ::)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 30, 2014, 08:59:55 pm »
wasn't on the way to work, but a moron... pull out of my road and some kid driving his Saturn is in front... starts breaking all erratically down a hill and a realize he's checking out the girls walking fine, whatever... then we get to a T with three way stop... he proceeds to not wait his turn and try to turn left right into someone turning right from across the way... as i'm shaking my head, I tell my wife, "this is one of those guys who just toes the line of the rules as he drives and doesn't notice anyone else out on the roads except himself. that is a dangerous driver"....

he and his buddy start headbanging crazily and playing air drums at the lights as I remember back to think if I was as dumb...

heading down the road, he is driving much faster than me so I forget about him... lights up ahead are yellow... he obviously still thinks he can make it so guns it through (didn't notice if it was red yet 100ft up)... lady was turning left and must have assumed with it yellow that long, this guy is stopping, so started her turn.. the kid didn't hit his brakes and slammed her back quarter so hard that it spun it into a car waiting at the light on the right as his ass end lifted off the ground a foot...

seemed like everyone was ok... but man... stupidity... my wife asked if that was the kind of thing I meant..... yep!!

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 02, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »
Moron on a bicycle running a red light into the path of traffic with the priority left turn green.   

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2096 on: December 02, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »
Guy today in a Hyundai Elantra goes screaming down the on ramp onto Hwy 2, totally loses the a$$ end of the car, hits the ditch hard backwards. I stopped to see if he was alright, buddy guy was confused as to why this happened because, and I qoute, " I stuck winter tires on the front of the car"......sigh.....  ::) ::)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2097 on: December 02, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »
Was working Downtown Toronto by Honest Ed, parked in a lot$7 for the day, there was a lot of empty spots
But some people have to park closest to the exit
This would be the last place I would park
The walkway is between the Jag and MDX

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #2099 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:12 pm »
Sometime a video says it all...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1711684/watch-police-launch-investigation-into-calgarys-worst-driver/

Wow.  How to make life more difficult than it already is in one easy lesson.

Find seven more like that and Andrew Younghusband and the gang at Canada's Worst Driver will have yet another season next year.   :P
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"