Author Topic: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work  (Read 973435 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2040 on: October 17, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »
The new outlet mall in Kanata had been open for a whole hour and a half this morning when my wife witnessed an accident at the 2 lane roundabout beside it. Woman in the middle of the roundabout came to a dead stop in the middle of it. She got rear ended pretty hard by the sound of it. She was dumb to stop, but the guy shouldn't have been that close to her.

True. BuT she should not have stopped .. its against a reasonably expected behavior.  I hate these idiots..

The roundabout at Bonneydoon and the big one in Sherwood park. ....all the fecking time. Grrrrr >:(

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2041 on: October 18, 2014, 09:18:54 am »
roundabout...

you guys should see the carnage down here.   I believe it's the first and only roundabout on a 400-series highway.   Last year they changed the end of Highway 406 in town here to a roundabout...  it's a T intersection which is obvously very busy with not only communter traffic but plenty of trucks.   The first construction of it wasn't wide enough for the trucks to use it.   There was an accident EVERY week.   This also happens to be the first roundabout in Niagara to which it seemed nobody around here had any clue what to do.   

They had to rebuild it FOUR TIMES!!!!!!!!!!    I still see accidents every couple of weeks.   ::)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2042 on: October 20, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »
Worked downtown today... :P.  I see an empty curbside parking space up ahead, so I put on my blinker, come to a complete stop, put the truck in R to indicate my obvious intention to paralell park, yet this arsehole in a black TL comes speeding up behind me and comes to an abrupt stop a few feet off my rear bumper with this disgusted look on his face.  I paused for a second waiting for him to backup as there was nothing behind him and still no movement from Mr Important.  So I give it a slight nudge back just in case he missed something and the guy just freaks and starts blatting his horn and yelling out his window.  So I give it another nudge and at this point he finally backs up, then nails it forward and speeds by me flipping me the bird and screaming some incomprehensible psycho babble and then almost creams the crowd of tourists on the crosswalk a short distance away.    ::)  :stfu:

When i got out of my truck I noticed a few wide-eyed people standing in front of the building next to where i parked trying to process what just happened.  I stood and talked to them for a bit and then one of them starts laughing in hysterics about the way I calmly gave the maniac the thumbs up as he was speeding by, so we all had a good chuckle about that.  I mentioned to them that last time something like that happened I got a call from my boss asking what i did to :censor: someone off enough that they would call to complain.  All three guys offered me their cell number just in case there we questions.  I didn't bother as my boss is a reasonable guy and knows me very well.  Just one of the many reasons I hate driving downtown.  I don't think I'd do too well in a really big city... :-\
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:26:10 pm by KarlsDarwin »

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #2043 on: October 20, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »
Worked downtown today... :P.  I see an empty curbside parking space up ahead, so I put on my blinker, come to a complete stop, put the truck in R to indicate my obvious intention to paralell park, yet this arsehole in a black TL comes speeding up behind me and comes to an abrupt stop a few feet off my rear bumper with this disgusted look on his face.  I paused for a second waiting for him to backup as there was nothing behind him and still no movement from Mr Important.  So I give it a slight nudge back just in case he missed something and the guy just freaks and starts blatting his horn and yelling out his window.  So I give it another nudge and at this point he finally backs up, then nails it forward and speeds by me flipping me the bird and screaming some incomprehensible psycho babble and then almost creams the crowd of tourists on the crosswalk a short distance away.    ::)  :stfu:

When i got out of my truck I noticed a few wide-eyed people standing in front of the building next to where i parked trying to process what just happened.  I stood and talked to them for a bit and then one of them starts laughing in hysterics about the way I calmly gave the maniac the thumbs up as he was speeding by, so we all had a good chuckle about that.  I mentioned to them that last time something like that happened I got a call from my boss asking what i did to :censor: someone off enough that they would call to complain.  All three guys offered me their cell number just in case there we questions.  I didn't bother as my boss is a reasonable guy and knows me very well.  Just one of the many reasons I hate driving downtown.  I don't think I'd do too well in a really big city... :-\

::) The joys of NB drivers huh... the law is pretty clear you have right-of-way. IN Fredericton my issue is the 80+yr olds who can't follow lane discipline... give me Montreal drivers any day.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2044 on: October 20, 2014, 07:47:02 pm »

::) The joys of NB drivers huh... the law is pretty clear you have right-of-way. IN Fredericton my issue is the 80+yr olds who can't follow lane discipline... give me Montreal drivers any day.

Moncton is by far the worst in NB imo.  Not for old folks, but for dufus and douchie drivers... ::)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #2045 on: October 21, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »
i'm amazed at how many people don't understand the true process of parallel parking. glad you are able to hold your cool.

i had the same type of thing, but i was the jerk in the back!

difference is that they didn't use a signal or anything.... and it was a no stop section of the sidewalk, so i wasn't expecting it. they basically just came to a stop on the road and put it in reverse. i was too far ahead to do anything and there were cars behind me.... they eventually stopped trying to park and sped off giving me the finger.

whoops.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #2046 on: October 23, 2014, 01:00:28 pm »
I too had that exact experience a few weeks ago.  I was parking on a residential street that intersects a commercial street.  It's a highly desired area to park and I got the last parking spot on the street, in fact. 

As I was about to go into reverse, a rather crazed woman pulled up behind me and honked and gesticulated wildly (I saw her in my rear view mirror).  When she saw I wasn't going to back off, she did what the driver in Karlsdarwin's story did:  took off at speed all the while showing me her sense of outrage.  Of course, the intersection was just a few meters away so she had to then slam on her brakes before taking the corner in a risky fashion.

Some people are just special, I guess.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Re: Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2047 on: October 23, 2014, 06:32:44 pm »
The new outlet mall in Kanata had been open for a whole hour and a half this morning when my wife witnessed an accident at the 2 lane roundabout beside it. Woman in the middle of the roundabout came to a dead stop in the middle of it. She got rear ended pretty hard by the sound of it. She was dumb to stop, but the guy shouldn't have been that close to her.

True. BuT she should not have stopped .. its against a reasonably expected behavior.  I hate these idiots..

The roundabout at Bonneydoon and the big one in Sherwood park. ....all the fecking time. Grrrrr >:(

Sent from my Galaxy S3

The Bonnie Doon traffic circle doesn't like you either.

Luckily it'll go away when LRT is constructed.

The problem with Edmonton's traffic circles is that they're based on British rules and the one you have to understand the most is that drivers on the inside lane have the right of way, since unlike modern North American roundabouts, you can enter and exit the roundabout from any lane. I knew about this since I was a kid when City of Edmonton sent information pamphlets to everyone but I was still scared the first time I had to drive through one I think when i was 19 on a trip to Edmonton. You can be the arsehole who enters the roundabout in the left lane and exits out at the first road, or in my case, the dumbarse who enters in the outside lane with the intention of taking that last exit. lol.

With modern North American roundabouts, there will be directional signs at the entrance of the roundabout directing you which lane to be in the event of a two or variable lane roundabout. But generally with two lane roundabouts with four approaches, you can turn left or proceed straight in the left (inside) lane or turn right or proceed straight in the right (outside) lane. They're also designed with a tighter radius for a 20km/h operational speed, whereas the Edmonton traffic circles generally operate at 50km/h.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2048 on: October 25, 2014, 04:31:09 pm »
This morning I'm driving into town on Cty Rd 4, I have the cruise set at 96kph, it's an 80kph zone with little traffic and that's the norm.  I soon come upon a Dodge Caliber and pass the "lady" in it, I sped up a bit doing this but then back to my previous 96kph on cruise. 
Except now I'm holding her up, she's on my bumper looking to pass and looks angry.

She tries a dangerous pass with bad sight lines and gives up halfway by when traffic appears and ducks back in behind me.  She's so close behind me I can't see her headlights, so I drop it down to 90kph, to be safe.   ;D
Now we are getting into a small town and the limit is dropping to 60 and then very shortly after to 40.  Somewhere in the 60kph section with me still doing about 70 and slowing she blows by me with the wheezy Caliber going for all it's worth and her giving me the bird and yelling (I guess, I couldn't hear her with our windows up).

I thought of KarlsDarwin and gave her the thumbs up.   :rofl2:
Then again thumbs up at the 4-way stop I was behind her at where I could see her still ranting and waving fingers about.

I thought of calling the OPP and reporting a crazed drunk, but that would only be fun if I also followed her and she turned off.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:12:05 pm by blur911 »
Mr Pickypants

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2049 on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:27 pm »
^ I need a new bumper on the Odyssey, I may have had to brake, to avoid hitting an animal...when something rides my bumper like that...

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2050 on: October 27, 2014, 04:30:20 pm »
Was in a crowded grocery-store parking lot, driving down the row to leave. Got to the end, looked both ways, saw nobody so made my left turn (not onto a main road, still in the parking lot.)

Just as I pull out, an Xterra comes screaming around the corner from my left, heading right for me. The woman driving slams on the brakes and gives me the stink eye as I finish my turn. And I made sure to take my time finishing my turn. :)

FFS, lady, you're in a grocery store parking lot and I didn't see any orange cones to indicate there was an autocross going on. You should be driving fifteen km/h, not fifty.  ::)

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 28, 2014, 10:00:48 am »
interesting event.   
not sure who would be the moron to be honest.

I'm turning left onto a two lane roadway. 
it's clear on the right and clear enough for me to pull out with traffic coming from the left.
clear enough means plenty of time and no "gunning the gas" needed.

Just as I pull out and in my lane, a guy behind the lead oncoming car decides to pull into my lane to make a pass.
It was a POS falling apart old GMC truck and he wasn't backing down even though he could see ME.
Luckly there was a shoulder and I pulled into it while I watched this guy gun by the lead car and me (between us).   

I pull out of this road everyday that I drive to work.  First time it happens and it's impossible to really be able to tell IF someone decides to make a move as you're pulling out to go left.    I think he should have backed off when he seen me.   Maybe I'm wrong??? 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2052 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:08 am »
Rubberneckers.....two days in a row these degenerates have almost cause massive pileups because they must see whats going on  :banghead: :banghead: :stfu: :thumbdown: High speed route, Henday speed limit of 100km/h, nope, they decide we are going 20km/h because they must see this Kia in the ditch, wtf is so interesting about a car that spun out and is stuck in the ditch?!?!?!?

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 28, 2014, 10:49:59 am »
I think he should have backed off when he seen me.   Maybe I'm wrong???

He's definitely wrong. He should have seen you and not made the pass.  And once he realized you were in the lane he should have backed off (as long s it wasn't too late).

You could argue that you could have been more defensive and waited for both cars to pass, but that's not where I'd place the blame.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #2054 on: October 28, 2014, 12:33:38 pm »
If there had been a collision, I believe you would be at fault for turning left across oncoming traffic.

The fact that the pickup truck was overtaking a car in the lane to your left doesn't change anything, as you shouldn't have turned until the road you're entering was clear.

Unless I misunderstood the situation you're trying to describe...

interesting event.   
not sure who would be the moron to be honest.

I'm turning left onto a two lane roadway. 
it's clear on the right and clear enough for me to pull out with traffic coming from the left.
clear enough means plenty of time and no "gunning the gas" needed.

Just as I pull out and in my lane, a guy behind the lead oncoming car decides to pull into my lane to make a pass.
It was a POS falling apart old GMC truck and he wasn't backing down even though he could see ME.
Luckly there was a shoulder and I pulled into it while I watched this guy gun by the lead car and me (between us).   

I pull out of this road everyday that I drive to work.  First time it happens and it's impossible to really be able to tell IF someone decides to make a move as you're pulling out to go left.    I think he should have backed off when he seen me.   Maybe I'm wrong???
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: October 28, 2014, 12:55:08 pm »
To me it sounded like he as he was pulling into his lane the truck pulled out. 

I agree with the premise that if the truck was already passing blotter shouldn't have gone.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 28, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »
The fact that the pickup truck was overtaking a car in the lane to your left doesn't change anything, as you shouldn't have turned until the road you're entering was clear.

the road WAS clear.  As mentioned, it was clear enough to safely pull out as anyone would.  (not having to speed out or anything)...   And actually the fact that I pull out easier helped in being able to just move over and wait when I seen this truck wasn't backing off.

As soon as I was straight and in my lane, the truck whipped out from behind the lead car. 
I can assume HE didn't look to see someone at the intersection and was only busy looking for the ealiest time to pass as he pulled out like a mad man. 

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #2057 on: October 28, 2014, 10:10:59 pm »
Yesterday morning, I was overtaking someone on a two-lane country road on the way to work.  It's fully light out, straight stretch with lots of visibility and dashed lines for both directions for another 1 km.  I was just alongside the car I was overtaking when buddy on a crossroad ahead to the right pulls onto the road, crosses (my) right lane and completes his turn coming right at me in the left lane.  Brakes work.  Came close to needing diapers though.  I was going to say "unbelievable" but sadly it is totally believable.  :banghead:

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2058 on: October 29, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »

the road WAS clear.  As mentioned, it was clear enough to safely pull out as anyone would.  (not having to speed out or anything)...   And actually the fact that I pull out easier helped in being able to just move over and wait when I seen this truck wasn't backing off.

As soon as I was straight and in my lane, the truck whipped out from behind the lead car. 
I can assume HE didn't look to see someone at the intersection and was only busy looking for the ealiest time to pass as he pulled out like a mad man.

AFAIK the truck driver should not have changed lanes in an intersection, if this is what happened.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2059 on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »
^^ yeah, isn't this the same as AC's scenario above?

I guess it's different there, but around here you never (almost never?) have a broken yellow line where a cross street intersects. It's double yellow and no passing around intersections, for this exact reason.