The Garage > Tire & wheel Talk

New Summer Tires

(1/2) > >>

Mis3:
I have narrow my choice of summer tires to the following:
1. Toyo T1-R
2. Michelin Pilot Sport PA2
3. Goodyear F1 GS-D3

My car is a 2004 CLK320 Coupe.  The sizes will be  F:225-45-17 and R:245-40-17.  I do not drive fast too much.  I prefer the ride to be comfortable, firm but not harsh.  

Any advice?

vz64:
I am in the same boat, but I decided to give T1-R a try (245/40/17). They are a bit cheaper than the other two, and their UTQG is 280, which is better than PS2 (I hope you meant PS2, not PA2?). The previous Toyo model (T1-S) was already excellent tire, but its wet grip was not as good as the other two and the sidewalls were a bit mashy. It looks like T1-R, with its grippier wet compound and stronger shoulders will be free of the above mentiond problems.

footlong58:
SP2 is "THE" high end performance tire...

Mis3:
Vz64:  Yes, I meant PS2.  So, you tried the T1-R, can you share your experience of these new tires?

vz64:
No, no experience, I just placed an order - they are expected to be here some time in Feb/March. I wish I could find ANY review of them; they are new and, with exception of short comments on UK forums, I could not find any real-time test/review. So, I am going for a blind date with them...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version