CHANGES FOR 2014:
– S Hybrid trim added.
– New 1.5L EcoBoost engine available with auto stop-start.
– Rear inflatable seat belts added.
– Dune interior available with Sterling Grey.
– Available heated steering wheel added.
– Titanium, Titanium Hybrid available with cooled seats.
– New Brick Red premium leather package.
– Paint changes: Dark Side, Sunset added (all trims); Bordeaux Reserve, Ginger Ale deleted (Energi).
Going into its second year of production, the handsome and taut Fusion receives some additional reasons to buy one of the best looking mid-size cars on the market. Rear inflatable seat belts from the Explorer migrate to the Fusion and the hybrid model is now available in S trim. But, the biggest news is the addition of a new 1.5L EcoBoost four-cylinder engine.
The Fusion is available a S, SE, and Titanium trims. Engines include a choice of 2.5L Duratec four-cylinder (170 hp, 170 lb.-ft.), 1.5L EcoBoost four-cylinder (output TBA), 1.6L EcoBoost four-cylinder (178/173 hp, 184 lb.-ft.), and 2.0L EcoBoost four-cylinder (240/231 hp, 270 lb.-ft.) engines; or, if you want to go the electrified route, a 2.0L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder engine and hybrid drivetrain (141 hp, 129 lb.-ft.).
Specific trim information has yet to be announced.