December 28, 2011
NEW FOR 2012:
- Blind spot mirrors standard on all models
- 2.4-litre engines are now E85 FlexFuel capable
- LS adds standard Bluetooth (via OnStar) with steering wheel redundant controls
- 1LT adds standard rearview camera
- 1LT, 2LT and LTZ add standard seven-inch colour touch radio with USB port
- 2LT and LTZ add available 18-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels (promotional item in 2011)
- LTZ adds available lane departure warning and forward collision alert (on V6 models)
- Available Chevrolet MyLink Connectivity
- Exterior colours: White Diamond Tricoat, Crystal Red Tintcoat and Autumn Metallic added
- Interior colour: Jet Black available on LS trim
For 2012, the Chevrolet Equinox adds several new standard or available features, and the four-cylinder engine now accepts E85 ethanol fuel.
The Equinox comes with a choice of two engines: a 2.4-litre four-cylinder and 3.0-litre V6. Both include direct fuel injection and both use a six-speed automatic transmission. The model is also sold as the GMC Terrain and is the basis for the Cadillac SRX.
The LS trim line uses the 2.4-litre engine exclusively. The 1LT, 2LT and LTZ use the four-cylinder but can be optioned to the V6. All models are available in front- or all-wheel drive.
Features on the LS include 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, rear spoiler, variable intermittent wipers, rear washer/wiper, driver information centre, rear cargo light, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, power windows with driver’s express-down, power locks with keyless entry, OnStar, theft deterrent system, cruise control, power driver’s height and lumbar adjustment, Multi-Flex sliding rear seat, automatic headlamps, CD/MP3 stereo, Bluetooth connectivity, exterior temperature display, and cloth seats. V6 models use 18-inch alloy wheels.
The 1LT adds automatic climate control, charcoal roof rails, body-colour heated mirrors, premium cloth seats, deep tinted glass, fog lamps, compass, rearview camera, touch radio with USB port, floor mats and block heater.
The 2LT adds eight-way power driver’s seat, heated seats, auto-dimming rearview mirror, remote starter, Pioneer premium stereo system, XM satellite radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The LTZ adds chrome exterior accents, heated leather seats, halogen projector headlamps, driver’s memory settings, power liftgate, and rear park assist.
No related posts.