From hydrogen to horsepower, WardsAuto covers the range
As is tradition this holiday season, WardsAuto is delivering gifts to all the good boys and girls who develop fantastic motors.
Over the last two months, WardsAuto has been evaluating 37 all-new or improved engines for this year’s 10 Best Engines and now is time to announce the winners.
This year’s list includes 1 electric motor, 1 fuel cell powertrain, five turbocharged small-displacement gas engines, a turbodiesel V6, and two thumping V8s:
- 127-kW Electric Motor (BMW i3 electric vehicle)
- 6.2L OHV V-8 (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray)
- 6.2L Supercharged OHV V-8 (Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat)
- 1.0L Turbocharged DOHC 3-cyl. (Ford Fiesta)
- 100-kW Fuel Cell (Hyundai Tucson FCV)
- 1.5L Turbocharged DOHC 3-cyl. (Mini Cooper)
- 3.0L Turbodiesel DOHC V-6 (Ram 1500 EcoDiesel)
- 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC H-4 (Subaru WRX)
- 1.8L Turbocharged DOHC 4-cyl. (Volkswagen Golf)
- 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC 4-cyl. (Volvo S60)